TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Hey everybody,

Just thought I'd update you guys, if anybody is planning on visiting the park this upcoming weekend. From October 14 to the 21, they will be working on a heavy phase of the road-construction project in front of the park. During this time, Magic Mountain Parkway will be closed from the Old Road to Tourney.

What does this mean if you want to visit the park? It means that Magic Mountain Parkway will NOT take you to Magic Mountain. LOL.

If you are travelling northbound on I-5 to get to the park, you will have to exit at Valencia Blvd and take the Old Road north to Magic Mountain Pkwy (which you can take towards the direction of the park).

If you are travelling southbound on I-5 to get to the park, you will have to exit at Rye Canyon and take the Old Road south to Magic Mountain Pkwy (which you can take towards the direction of the park).

Signs will be posted on the 5 and the surface streets.

Hope this helps anybody who will be visiting the weekend of the 17th-20th.

-Jahan

In my experience, this is the best time of year to go to SFMM. Crowds are very light during the day (most angelinos dont go out for their Halloween adventures till dark), and the weather is nice in the SCV. Sometimes even a bit cool for the water rides!

chris.

Hey guys,

First post to these boards, coming from a halloween, haunted house, and roller coaster enthusiast... thanks alot for all the informations posted here so far.

I am coming down to SFMM on the 18th and 19th, leaving from san jose, ca about 8 or 9 am. I am staying at the hilton garden inn at the base of the mountain on sat. night, and I have a few questions...

First of all, I want to stay in the park till around midnight on saturday night, and my girlfriend wants to take a nap at the hotel in the mid-afternoon before heading up to the park if we are going to be there that late. We are certainly planning on going back on sunday, but I was wondering what kind of crowds i can expect at what times on this weekend? I do want to do the haunted houses... i wonder if the bracelet would work for both days?

Also, the last time I was there was 3 years ago, and not for fright fest. I didn't bother paying for parking since i was staying so close to the park, but It also wasn't after midnight when we were leaving the park.... does anyone know by chance if there is any kind of public bus or shuttle at all that we could get? I wish the hotel had one, but they didn't 3 years ago.

Another question... 3 years ago we did the 2 day visit, and got twickets. I called the SFMM box office and confirmed they do still offer these, at a price of $10. For some reason i thought i remembered them being $15 3 years ago, but it COULD be that 3 years ago i was expecting $5 and found they were $10 at that time. Can anyone enlighten me on the actual current cost of the twickets?

so to recap [CLIFF NOTES] ... crowd expectations for 18th after 1pm and 19th? Any chance theres some sort of shuttle or bus from the bottom of the mountain near I-5? Can anyone verify the cost of a twicket?

thanks in advance.

^ I can't answer all of your questions, but I'll try a few.

First, I don't believe the wristband would be good for more than one day.

Second, Santa Clarita Transit does have a bus that goes up to the park, but I don't know how often it runs or how close it gets to where you're staying. Go here to check it out.

As for Twickets, you can call Guest Relations at (661) 225-4103 to get the current price. Also remember that if you purchase one ticket online for $59.99, you get one free (according to the website).

Hope I've helped. Have fun!

Eric

Crowd expectations:

The 18th is a Saturday in the middle of October. If we go off of last year it will be packed! However, this would be the perfect day to see the Heckles and Twitch Show, visit the walk around areas, and hit up any of the smaller coasters or flat rides.

The 19th will be less crowded than the 18th. This would be the time to hit the big coasters.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip.

Hey everyone!

Here is a little quick update from our visit tonight. Hanno was in town and we were at the park from 5:30 to 10:30 and managed to do every coaster in the park except for X2 thanks to lighter crowds on some coasters and Flash Passes on the others! We'll go tomorrow morning and get in X2.

We even did 3 mazes and stopped for food!

I don't have many photos from today's visit but they are some very "interesting" photos of what is going on over in Psyclone's old spot.

First a few pros and cons from tonight's visit....

PRO - Scream!'s crew running three trains VERY efficiently today!

CON - Viper's crew running three trains very, very poorly.

PRO - Brutal Planet was great once again!

CON - We were off sync in Willoughby's and missed almost every gag. (Not their fault, though)

PRO - The pretzels at the Soda Shack!

CON - The worst Johnny Rocket's burger I've ever had. (And I've had some GREAT ones at SFMM.)

PRO - Backwards Colossus in the very back seat!

CON - Backwards Colossus just about anywhere else. (ok this one is more of a joke!)

PRO - Flash Passes for Fright Fest mazes!

CON - Having to explain to the ESP crew what they were. (They took our tickets and told us to go stand in the normal line!)

PRO - Tatsu's Flash Pass Line being efficient!

CON - Deja Vu's single riders line being closed.

PRO - Magic Mountain cures Jetlag! (Says Hanno)

PRO - Hanging out with Brent, Antonio & Family!

PRO - Very good "vibe" tonight!

PRO - It was a great night at the Mountain!

Onto some construction photos....

sfmm_101108_02.jpg.c14b31f1a419829ecdda6d18c5da49f4.jpg

Ohh, sorry...my mistake...nothing to get BENT out of shape over!

Until next time....

sfmm_101108_01.jpg.48417707acfd8c786208dbc795fdaaeb.jpg

Ooooh! From the Sky Tower you can clearly see what those stacks of wooden things are!

sfmm_101108_12.jpg.8b46139893554e3684d250f3a22d129c.jpg

Maybe it's going to be a football field? That's what Six Flags New England got in their giant empty space this year! ;)

sfmm_101108_11.jpg.42e4cd5696be5bf753c1b53fa1188cbf.jpg

Yes, it's a box with a ladder...nothing to see here!

sfmm_101108_10.jpg.457f915dd76d9e304681bff131a28eb4.jpg

First the orange flags now someone has gone CRAAAAAZY with the orange spray paint!

sfmm_101108_09b.jpg.d9a0b81811754e6b390f7967d4f9a33b.jpg

Ahh, two trucks in love....

sfmm_101108_08.jpg.11a6c032ef9af041cb7ef16336355e5d.jpg

Kinda looks like a staging area for something (Whale space portal, anyone?)

sfmm_101108_07.jpg.e94b4fd4c53353d39d101de9d3b1b94c.jpg

Yeah, yeah...wood stacks...we know! We saw this last update!

sfmm_101108_06.jpg.3f6a156954a764806cae7dd2d0ff9c64.jpg

Hmm...I see a stack of wooden things behind that tree...

sfmm_101108_05.jpg.8aa5b7d9951f996b9d9395781307bc92.jpg

OMG! It's GOLIATH 2!!!

sfmm_101108_04.jpg.64dd7dbb083c258491b5684862cadc18.jpg

AHA!!!! In this photo there is a clue that absolutely CONFIRMS what they are building!!!!

sfmm_101108_03.jpg.df20ed436b410cec59d4c516bce870ff.jpg

There is a path being cleared for something here...

^ Not yet.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but the new coaster is going to be themed to the Terminator movies (I think the newest one with Christian Bale). I've seen this on other sites.

LOL! Do you seriously think we didn't know this already?

Other sites are going completely off of rumor and speculation. The ride has not officially been announced yet and I'm trying to be as respectful as possible to the park not to spread too many rumors before the announment.

Granted, it's tough to do when it's obvious what they are building, but things do change at a moment's notice (especially when it comes to theming) so I'd rather give the park the opprotunity to give us the REAL information rather than us doing it for them.

Fair enough?

--Robb

Sorry Robb but we were only on two trains. Our other train is out getting cleaned up. ^_^ Plus if it wasn't so cold out and if we didn't have new people transfered there (or if i wasn't stuck down at lockers) we would have been twice as fast.

Ohh, sorry...my mistake...nothing to get BENT out of shape over!

Ok, the last time I heard "Bent", it referred to part of Flying Turns. Maybe I'm not awake just yet today or maybe not enough caffiene, but if this a Flying Turns style ride, then spank my arse and call me Charlie.

Or, I could be waaaaaaay off. Either way, we'll find out in a few weeks.

Sorry Robb but we were only on two trains. Our other train is out getting cleaned up. ^_^ Plus if it wasn't so cold out and if we didn't have new people transfered there (or if i wasn't stuck down at lockers) we would have been twice as fast.

If that is the case then that is the best crew I've ever seen at SFMM!

Ah, last night was great. I'll bring up some points that made it awesome:

- Jahan being "God" (as Hanno cleverly titled him)

- Hanno's massive jetlag ("How many hours awake Hanno?" "Oh, something like 27!")

- Hanno almost falling asleep on Goliath

- Terrible, TERRIBLE ride on Collossus Backwards ("I'm pretty sure my pancreas is bleeding.")

- TPR Takeover (plus some random ride-op dude) on Canyon Blaster!

- Brutal Planet kicked butt!

- Dino scaring the scareactors ("I got you first!")

- And last, but not least, Scream on Scream, the best new addition to Fright Fest this year!

Yeah, last night was pretty much the defenition of awesome.

---Brent