Liseberg Discussion Thread

Pg 272: Valkyria Construction Tour
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby .TP.Emma. » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:56 am

woah, that looks really bad. i feel really sorry for the people got hurt in that accident. :omg:
Currently living on Stealth at Thorpe Park! :lolr:

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby bspellx5 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:04 pm

Great Escapes was taken down because there was a risk of that exact same thing happening, it looked great and was one of my favorite rides but after this actually happened I guess it was for the better maybe, RIP Rainbow..well not really, it's kind of just in a pile rotting away. Yet they are still trying to sell it. I wouldn't pay more than 500$ for it given the condition it is in.
That one article said there are around 40 Rainbow's operating, is there seriously 40 Huss Rainbows in existence still, I thought they were dying out? Unless they are including Zamperla Jokers, 1001 nachts, etc. in that statement , then that sounds more realistic..

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby sccoasterfan » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:09 pm

What ever happened to the one that was at the Myrtle Beach Pavillion that was my favorite flat there besides the catepillar. And there is one that travels with the Strates fairs throughout the east coast. It comes to the Anderson, sc fair every year. Along with my fav flat ever the top spin.

Books are dumb

The Liseberg Discussion Thread

Postby Loefet » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:28 am

Liseberg have just released a press release that wraps up the summer season for this year, it also gives a few details on what to expect for next season.
The press release states that the numbers of visitors in the later half of the season have dropped since last season, but that's a trend that have been noticed at many other parks in the Nordic countries. But they have still managed to get around 2,3 million visitors in total this year, and the winter season opens in little over a month to add to that.
Also it gives a riders/visitors tally for the new rides of the season and also a top 5 for overall.

Top 5:
1. Lisebergbanan 1,4 million
2. FlumeRide 1,2 million
3. Kållerado 1,1 million
3. Balder 1,1 million
5. Kanonen 700 000

New attractions:
Cykelturen 180 000
Evert Taubes Värld 100 000
Lisebergs Lustgård 70 000

2009:
Liseberg have just announced one of their 2 new attractions for next year. "Unfortunately" it looks like Tornado (S.D.C Galactica) is going to bite the dust (it have been on the chopping block for some years now).

The new attraction, called Hang Hai, is a Zamperla Mega Disk'O,. It's going to get a Asian theme, this to connect it up to the little Asian garden right next to it (behind Tornado/FlumeRide).

There is another new ride scheduled for next year, which is more of a family ride, but it's not announced yet...

There are a few other things that are going to get fixed up for the next season.

Link to Press release (Swedish)
Last edited by larrygator on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:14 am.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby DandAyr » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:10 am

any news on what is happening with the rainbow that was across the way from where this new ride is going?

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:22 am

Rainbow was removed weeks after the accident last year, and I have herd rumors that the new unannounced family ride might be going there.
They had a big Dalahäst standing there after they had removed it.

We just have to wait and see what is going to happen.

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:31 pm

Some pictures from a few days ago:

I hope that they will remove some of those branches.

One of the last time you will see this ride here.

Nice Kanonen shot.

They have already start to dig behind the ride.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Looping Starship » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:34 am

Cirkusexpressen (The Zierer Tiovli Coaster) will be replaced with a Zierer Force Two coaster, however, i don´t know of any name or themeing yet.

As for the Rainbow, it´s been scrapped (as said) but they don´t have any plans on replacing it with something for the 2009 season. Maybe a small "last-minute-kiddie-ride-installation" will be made.

I hate to tell you this, but Kulingen, the remainings of my so beloved Aerovarvet (Intamin Space Shuttle) is also being removed. There´s a chance it will be sold to another european park, otherwise, Liseberg will Scrap it and I HATE THEM FOR THAT!
They won´t replace it either so 2009 means 2 less rides *sighs*

We´ll just have to wait and see what 2010 can bring us since Hang Hai doesn´t make me river dance if i say so...

/ Robert

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:54 am

^ Where have you heard these rumors? sources?

And if they are really removing Kulingen then I will be celebrating since that's the biggest waste of space in the park.

In 2010 they are said to start building on the new section of the park so we can only hope that they are going to build something special. They have permission and space to build something in the size of a BTMR clone there...

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby DandAyr » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:06 pm

Kulingen - first few trips never tried it cause none of my kids were tall enough and the swing boat motion rides can mess me up a lot. Last visit my eldest was old enough and the time of the ride against the time to get loaded , well it was poor and not worth the short wait.

Cirkusexpressen - good job our youngest has graduated to Lisebergbanan, or there would be tears over this rumour. Was always a favorite with our kids. As soon as the ride was over a sprint round through the tunnel and q for next time.

This was first time in 8years we have not made it to Liseberg in August, wont make that mistake in 2009. Always a fun break.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!