Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Topdrag » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:11 pm

http://www.coastercravers.net/ <-- New updates from today including what I call a "soft" announcement.

Looks like we are getting a wave pool!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby holyblakbelt » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:56 pm

This is a MUCH NEEDED attraction for the waterpark. The place hasn't received anyhing new since the waterpark was an upcharge attraction over 18 years ago. As long as the pool isn't called "Whitewater Wavepool" or "Wavepool along Highway 101".
Hanowski for Hobey 2012-13!

Sir Haunts-a-lot

Postby Vffreak07 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:28 pm

I'm glad we're finally getting an upgrade. It's much needed.
Also it looks like we're getting cabanas. We've been told that the expansion will be announced on October 15th. Ugh, another 10 days. It confuses me how they aren't announcing it until then, but many people have already heard radio ads, and there are ads in the park itself. I'm disappointed. :?r

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Wave Pool

Postby snorkymn » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:48 am

I was at the park Saturday and saw the large hole where the new wave pool was going. The sign there actually said it was a wave pool. It looks like it could be a VERY long wave pool, and looks to be fairly narrow. Or could just be the cabanas are going to be on one end, and the pool much shorter. Hopefully it will be something different then just a normal wave pool.. I'd like to see body surfing or boogie boards, but highly doubt that would ever happen.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Topdrag » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:35 pm

That is pretty old news. There are already photos of the hole on CoasterCravers.net

BTW, I was there on Sunday and have some photos. Will upload them if I have time.

Sir Haunts-a-lot

Postby Vffreak07 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:03 pm

I doubt it'll take up the whole length of the site, but ya never know. I actually would prefer it'd be on the medium size end so there's more room for expansion.

New pics: :arrow: Valleyfairzone.com

Postby holyblakbelt » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:11 pm

Looks like we will say goodbye to Whitewater Country and hello to Soak City!

From Screamscape...
2009 - Wavepool / Soak City - Confirmed - (10/10/08) CoasterKarma has posted the announcement from Valleyfair that not only will the park add a new large wave pool next year (34,000 sq-ft, 200 feet of “beach frontage”) with cabana rental service, but they will also change the name of the waterpark from Whitewater Country to Soak City

So what I'm thinking that is it will be a good sized wavepool.

Sir Haunts-a-lot

Postby Vffreak07 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:20 pm

"Heres information about Valleyfairs new water attraction...

"Valleyfair has announced a new 350,000-gallon wave pool and other amenities to its waterpark. Earlier this season, the park removed its log flume from the park to make way for the new attraction. Riders over labor day weekend 2008 were treated to their last rides on the family water ride, as it was closed for good on labor day. Since September, Valleyfair has deconstructed the ride, leaving open a giant hole visible from Highway 101 in Shakopee. The New Wave Pool will total 34,000 square feet with nearly 200 feet of “beach frontage” (shall end width) to give guests plenty of space to sunbathe as they watch the waves roll in on the zero-depth entry. At its widest point in the deep end, the wave pool will measure 75 feet. Its maximum depth will be six feet.

Valleyfair will also offer cabana rentals around the new wave pool to enhance the guest experience. The cabanas will shelter guests from the hot summer sun and will include food and beverage service. Other amenities that will be added include a new bathhouse with private changing and shower areas, tube and cabana rentals, fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo rentals, a new merchandise and new food stand.

The addition of the new wave pool and other amenities will bring the waterpark’s size to just over seven acres, which is almost double the size of the existing waterpark. Also new in 2009, Valleyfair will change the name of it’s waterpark to Soak City. Whitewater Country, as it is called today, currently offers guests body and speed slides, a family rafting ride, and a raging rapids whitewater rafting tube ride. They also offer a splash station for the youngsters. 2009 will also bring in the start of Valleyfair’s 33rd season, beginning in May. The complete 2009 operating schedule will be posted on Valleyfair’s website in the near future."

We'll have coverage at VFZ of the full announcement when the official press release is made. Props to Coaster Karma! I've never heard of the site actually before today.

Postby holyblakbelt » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:36 pm

I wonder if they will include Hydroblaster in the new Soak City. They took out the flume for a wavepool, so for me, it just sounds logical to include it into the water park.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Valleyfair 2009

Postby coasterkarma!dotcom1 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:46 am

Yes, the park will be adding the new wave pool as well as some other things to the waterpark for 2009.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!