Waldameer Discussion Thread

P. 91 - A Zamperla Looping Discovery announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby kidcoaster 2 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:59 pm

On Saturday they finally pulled out the Blue Train and they were doing 2 train operation. But they were Stacking every time. The Anti Rollbacks on every hill except the lift have been removed so it is going alot faster. It's a big plus for Waldameer and see them doing very well this summer.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby vistaway » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:08 am

I was there Sunday and they were only running one train, at least for the first few hours of operation. Amazing coaster, though.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby fergusonat » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:26 am

kidcoaster 2 wrote:On Saturday they finally pulled out the Blue Train and they were doing 2 train operation. But they were Stacking every time. The Anti Rollbacks on every hill except the lift have been removed so it is going alot faster. It's a big plus for Waldameer and see them doing very well this summer.

That is great news about the two-train ops! One week exactly until my first visit to Waldameer!! :br
www.BGEscape.com --- Your source for quality info on Busch Gardens Europe

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby RenegadeFan » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:39 am

It's also great to hear they got rid of the useless anti-rollback devices. I wonder if they built them for testing and they forgot to take them of?

Uber Designer

Postby Real » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:52 am

Hopefully the weather holds out for tomorrow.

Is Waldameer the type of park that will close down entirely for bad weather? Do the rides run in a light rain? Im not all for getting soaked but Ive had tomorrow planned for awhile. Bout 3 hour drive for me.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby CoasterLine » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:18 am

Real, the park stays open for rain, unless its too heavy to safety, or if there is lightning. The opening day of Ravine Flyer II it poured most of the time during the first runs, including mine! Haha.

About the anti-rollbacks, they were only for precaution, but once you are in person and you see how the trains fly over the areas that used to have them, you'll realize that they really were pointless... The only time I could see them become useful is in first testing of the season situations, when train runs are extremely slow.
Shaun Rajewski
Lead Developer / Partner
Epic Web Studios LLC.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby fergusonat » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:54 am

CoasterLine wrote:once you are in person and you see how the trains fly over the areas that used to have them, you'll realize that they really were pointless...

That's really good to hear... when I first saw the POV, I figured they were either anit-rollbacks, or trims...and either one of those did not bode well for the pacing of the ride. I'm happy to hear the ride flies through that portion of the ride
www.BGEscape.com --- Your source for quality info on Busch Gardens Europe

Uber Designer

Postby Real » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:00 pm

Thanks coasterline. I called the park as well just to double check. Good to hear because I know some of the smaller parks are more...critical about rain than others.

Im really holding out for a nice day tomorrow. Cant wait to ride. Infact, it can rain in the morning, make it faster - then stop when I get there. ha. Ill wish.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby **McFly** » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:15 pm

The park doesn't fully close down in rainy weather, or even normal thunderstorms.

The nice thing is there are a couple of rides that you can do even when it is raining. I really like a couple of the dark attractions there: Pirate's Cove and Whacky Shack are both very cool traditional dark attractions. The dodgems, and carousel are both open during rain too.

As for the Ravine Flyer II goes, GET ON IT!! It is an awesome ride, especially in the front seat!!

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Waldameer adding new ride for '09.

Postby CoasterLine » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:01 am

Waldameer has released it's plans for their 2009 expansion:

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art ... /310079945

The expansion includes a Zamperla Disk'O, which will be located near the turn around of the SkyRide.

The other new ride will be a Zamperla Flying Carousel for 2010, which will be located right next to the final bunny hops of Ravine Flyer II, in the empty lot inside the turn around for the train.

Other expansions will be a "further extension" of the midway more South (which will lead towards the new Disk'O), along with improvements in landscaping and also some new/revamped games, and improvements to the main food stands across from the Ali Baba and Karaoke stage.

Looks like Waldameer is continuing to grow with around a 20% growth in revenue due to Ravine Flyer II alone, biggest 1-year gain in the park's history. They are keeping up with their expansion plans... really exciting news for Erie and the surrounding area. Next year should bring on more expansion if growth continues.
Shaun Rajewski
Lead Developer / Partner
Epic Web Studios LLC.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!