Photo TR: Behemoth/Ravine Flyer Trip

Now with BONUS park! Neil, Robbie, Ben, & I do SFGAdv!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
SWF looking for dorky overweight coaster enthusiast to sweep me off my feet.

Postby natatomic » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:26 pm

^Thank you very much!
At least if you had fallen out of your chair, it wouldn't have been one that was balancing on a stick 4 extra feet in the air. Or, I dunno, maybe it would have been - I don't know how you arrange your furniture. It could be really good feng shui or something.

printersdevil78 wrote:Not necessarily. At Confusion Hill, throw up probably goes up, like the tater on the kitchen table.

True, but I'm pretty sure (I'm not too good with the sciences, so correct me if I'm wrong) that gravity affects everything pretty much the same, so even if my vomit rolled up hill, I'd probably roll along that same, slimy path. ::?

printersdevil78 wrote:By the way, didn't we go on this trip like a year ago?

Yeah, yeah.

I'm just hoping to have this thing done before whichever TPR trip I do next year, crossmyfingers. :8)

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby dino » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:32 pm

Natatomic wrote: On the Fujita Scale, I hear this about an F4. I believe that's right between a Tasmanian Devil and an Ororo Munroe.

About 5 minutes had past before I realized where I had heard that name before. I was laughing so hard. Half from the joke, and half from my lameness of not getting it sooner.
Anyway great Behemoth TR (dare I say best...?), with even greater captions. Beautiful pics from a beautiful girl :roll: .
-Gabriel

Postby natatomic » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:58 pm

^Aw, thank you!

Day 5, part 2: Lakemont Park

Okay, this was a decent little park. I don't have anything bad to say about it; but at the same time, the best thing I can come with to describe it is "a very clean county fair." Just without all the cows, tractor pulls, and longest zucchini contests. Still, Lakemont has a Skydiver, a traveling toboggan, AND the world's oldest operating coaster; so it's not like there wasn't fun to be had and lives to be risked.

Because there was.
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 152.jpg
Let's see...no flags on the poles and shrubbery that's only trimmed on one side.

This is gonna be good.
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 155.jpg
I... This hair... I just... It's...

Wow, there just aren't any words, are there?
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 172.jpg
Nothing says quality like a ride you can hook up to your truck and tow down the highway.
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 176.jpg
I know you're not going to believe me, but you can actually fit a human in that little car. TWO, even!

However, for the first time in my life, I was happy to be short. *I* didn't have to worry about a concussion that day.
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 157.jpg
But it's what's behind this giant roof that will REALLY kill you...
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 190.jpg
...though at least you'll go out in a really cute, old-fashioned coaster car.

(Notice that gravity isn't enough to get you going on this ride)
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 194.jpg
It's a wonder we don't see modern coasters use this anti-rollback system. What in the world could possibly be stronger or more reliable than 2x4s screwed in by a single bolt?
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 207.jpg
That's right. Side-friction, baby. No upstops holdin' you down here.
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 235.jpg
Did I mention that only one of the cars is currently operational?
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 229.jpg
Oh! And there aren't any seat belts! Or restraints of ANY kind! Or even a height restriction!

I LOVE THIS COASTER.
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 192.jpg
Understandably, Brooke said a prayer of thanks to sweet baby Jesus for returning everyone safely to the station.
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 184.jpg
I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's like a poor-man's tilt-a-whirl.
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 186.jpg
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 242.jpg
Yet another in the long line of woodies on this trip that would make your God-fearing grandmother use words that'd make a sailor with Tourette's blush.
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 256.jpg
A popular misconception for this coaster is that the "Go Curve" on the side refers to the baseball team that plays on the field next to the ride. This is not at all true. It instead refers to the natural curvature of the rider's spine, and how the coaster will make it simply go away. You should have seen the look on my chiropractor's face when saw my X-rays taken once I returned from this trip.
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 254.jpg
It looks so innocent, though, doesn't it?
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 260.jpg
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 275.jpg
But THIS is what I was looking forward to most at Lakemont.
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 279.jpg
Anyone spot the hairtime poking through one of the the cars?

At least, I THINK that's what it is. I honestly have no clue. But don't you find yourself hoping that that's what it is, too?
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 289.jpg
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 290.jpg
I have NO idea why there aren't more Skydivers around. I LOVED this thing.
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 165.jpg
And here's a few extra photos of Leap the Dips.
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 175.jpg
I mean, when you're the oldest coaster in the world, you deserve some extra TR time.
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 162.jpg
Okay, folks. One more park to go! I'M SO CLOSE TO FINALLY FINISHING!

Thank you sweet baby Jesus.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Twister

Postby Joe Schwartz » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:43 pm

Great shots, Natalie. With a lazy or inexperienced operator, a Twister ride is indeed a "poor man's Tilt-A-Whirl". But with a talented hand at the controls, it absolutely puts the Tilt-A-Whirl to shame, with near-blackout positive G's. A lost art, unfortunately.

Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:47 am

This is why one should never let Don King suggest hairstyles.

Counselor Neil

Postby televisedconfession » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:31 pm

Oh, MY GOSH! It's Ellen Burstyn, the Mom from Requiem For A Dream!

-Neil or no Deal

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/8edb82c78b6d77e5bd773746c455c1ca.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby natatomic » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:34 am

Day 5, part 3: DelGrosso's

This is it, folks! The final park! And I finished it before the the new year! If that's not an accomplishment, I don't know what is.

So, DelGrosso's. Don't be fooled, this is not an amusement park with good food. This is a restaurant with good amusement. And if you disagree with that statement, the man who owns the park will probably shoot you for saying so, so you best keep your opinion to yourself.

I do not kid. The owner came out and talked to us to give us the history of the park, and it went like this:

"Sauce sauce sauce factory sauce. Sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce my grandfather sauce sauce sauce. Sauce sauce park across the street sauce sauce sauce sauce eggplant parmesan sauce sauce. Oh, and please try our sauce before you go. Sauce."

That's word for word, too. I'm sure Tony has the video tape to prove it.
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 300.jpg
This is where the magic happens. And yes!.................That's A Saturn!
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 331.jpg
Terrible shot, but I love how the sign frames a trash can.
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 291.jpg
These shots do NOT do this ride justice, because this indoor caterpillar was definitely one of the highlights of the trip.
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 296.jpg
If you drop some acid and THEN look at this picture, you'll have a pretty good idea of what this ride was like in real life.
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 297.jpg
Aww, everyone has someone except Jahan. Oh, and the ride-op. :(

Oooo, wait! I think we have a match!
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 299.jpg
Okay, I know it's "all about the sauce" or whatever, but some of us really just wanted to get the credits and get out of there. We're not called whores for nothing, you know.
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 306.jpg
In case you haven't yet noticed, this trip was what I like to call "Lady's Choice."
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 312.jpg
Given the options, I chose abstinence.
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 302.jpg
Oh, the memories. Pardon me, while I dab my eyes.
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 328.jpg
This thing looked incredibly fun for a kiddie ride. I so wish they had a grown-up version.
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 327.jpg
Of course, we all rode the kiddie coaster, so I don't know what stopped me from trying to ride that whale ride. It's not like I have any shame.
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 319.jpg
Wow, talk about a rush! What a high to end the trip on!
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 324.jpg
Then again, some people are easily thrilled anyway.
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 325.jpg
Robb, I'm almost afraid to ask, but what the heck are you filming yourself doing?
Day 5 - Idlewild, Lakemont, & DelGrosso's 333.jpg
I can't, in good consciousness, end with a photo of Robb possibly, um, playing with his own wacky worm, so I'll end with this totally innocent shot of people riding up and down on an erect shaft.

(Psssst...there might be a bonus park TR posted sometime in the next week or so. So stick around.)

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby PhantomNick » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:53 am

:lolr: Nat, that was a hilarious and fitting end to what was my favorite trip report from the Behemoth/RFII trip! Your last caption had me roll out of my chair laughing. Which, considering I'm at work in my cubicle, certainly raised some eyebrows.

After teasing us with a potential bonus park TR, I want to stand up and start yelling "Encore! Encore!" But again, the looks I'd get at work. Those ingrates!

And, oh yeah, I almost forgot - SAUCE.

Seriously though, great job and some really amazing photos throughout this trip report! Madam, you rock!
I would rather be off riding coasters!

Steel Top 5 - (1) Steel Vengeance (2) Skyrush (3) Fury 325 (4) Millennium Force (5-tie) Phantom's Revenge (5-tie) Maverick
Wood Top 5 - (1) El Toro (2) Phoenix (3) Voyage (4) Ravine Flyer II (5) Shivering Timbers

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby All Clear » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:59 pm

Again, I'm left completely :lmao: and slightly :b with just a bit of :( in the background.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby downunder » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:16 pm

Nice report, I wonder if anyone got any photos of Sauce Man just for the look of madness in his eyes - Delgrosso's seem like the Branch Davidians of sauce.

It's a shame a few of you had to leave, because the East Coast trip was like the sumptuous main course after a very tasty appetiser. I know I only really started to come alive about day 2 of the East Coast, I was just a wreck from jetlag the entire Behemoth trip.

I also hope you get over your fear of flying, so you can fly for future trips.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive