Mark's Postcard Paradise

A-Z - Disney's MAGIC KINGDOM 1970's-80's
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Can I get clamshells out of this ATM?"

Postby montezooma » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:25 am

My contribution for the day.... Does anyone remember that this ride ever existed?
post card jetscream a.jpg
post card Jetscream b.jpg
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING
New Season, New Posts, New Logo...Old Stuff!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:07 pm

WOW another great addition Shane! I love seeing these especially rare cards (notice how the back says Six Flags Over Mid-America). My memory may be incorrect, but I think it was located where BTR is now.

I was able to ride this awesome Schwarzkopf coaster both at SFOMA in 1982 and again when it was moved to SFAW where a tunnel was added to the first drop and it was renamed Viper. I found it still running great on SFAW's closing weekend 3 years ago, and it's too bad it got trashed. It would've made a great addition to any park. According to RCDB, there are only 5 Looping Stars left operating today.

Postby montezooma » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:50 pm

Yes the JetScream was originally located where Batman stands today. I know I have a "Viper" postcard somewhere, but until I can find it, here is my daily contribution.
post card revolution 1a.jpg
This ride is the "cat's meow" and when it first opened they actually ran 5 trains on the ride!!!! At times one train would actually thread the loop while the other circled the loop. It was the coolest thing to see.
post card revolution 1b.jpg
artistic enhancement of "Bloop the Troll" courtesty of Shane age 11
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING

Postby thrillerman1 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:04 am

I certainly had no idea that Revo could thread the loop while another train inverted. Awesome!

After this summer's return to form on the train paint colors, here's hoping Jay Thomas can get rid of the OTSR's on it next.

Nice colored pencil work on Bloop by the way. =)

Postby montezooma » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:40 am

Here's another post card of "The Great American Revolution" You can clearly see three trains operating out on the ride, there is probablly one in the station and one in the holding brakes. Now that the way to run a ride!
post card revolution 2a.jpg
3 trains, no head rests, no over the shoulder restraints...this is classic Anton!
post card revolution 2b.jpg
Magic Mountains's Revolution it'll knock your socks flat off!
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING

Postby thrillerman1 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:12 am

With autumn arriving this past week, it's time to say goodbye to summer with a sunset like view over one of my *very* favorite places on earth, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Vamp out!

Starting next week is the exclusive "Postcard SCAREadise" series!
SCBB Front_600x385.jpg
Front - That might be one of the two Coreys hanging out in the lower right corner.
SCBB Back_640x413.jpg
Back

Postby montezooma » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:36 am

I've got a good one for the start of this new week. Here is a coaster you don't see everyday. It is that NAD woodie down in Mexico City.

I'll be down there the end of October and maybe I can pick up a new post card as well as a parasite!
post card mexico a.jpg
Montaña Rusa at La Feria Chapultepec Magico
post card mexico b.jpg
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING

Postby thrillerman1 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:16 pm

Interesting addition there Shane. Accordng to RCDB, Montana Rusa is one of only 3 operating mobius coasters left in the world. You'll have to let us know how those UNPADDED (???) LAPBARS feel!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby restoca » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:49 pm

As a postcard collector myself, I'm really enjoying this thread. If Mark doesn't mind another contributor, I'll share a few of mine. Some I've bought on my own travels, some I've inherited from other coaster enthusiasts, and some I've bought from post card sellers. I'll start with one of my faves.
rye1.jpg
rye1b.jpg

Postby thrillerman1 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:40 am

WOW...What an amazing contribution restoca! I noticed the postcard is post dated 1932 also! Thanks for sharing with us this awesome view of Airplane. I'm looking forward to seeing more from your collection.

And yes I would love for more people to share their cards here in this thread. The more the merrier!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!