Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 680 - Pandemonium Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:27 pm

^^^ I agree. The topic is getting perhaps a little too insensitive here...

As far as my two cents, I cannot see how the family could (or should) "benefit monetarily" if the kid put his own life in jeopardy by jumping the two fences.

When I was at Waldameer this past weekend, there was any opportunity to climb into a restricted area of a ride where there were not two fences and multiple signs warning "restricted area." Does this mean that any and every park would now have to put up electric razor wire fence to keep people from breaking the rules? There has to be an intelligence factor entered in the laws somewhere.

My mother lost her footing and sprained her ankle years ago walking at Waldameer on the 'Pirate's Cove' whilst carrying my niece and there was no law suit, or settlement. The passage is dark, uneven, and you cannot see where you are going. She fell and hurt herself, but she did not feel that the park owed her compensation because of a little things called darkness and gravity!

I sympathize with the family for the entire ordeal, but there is no way that Six Flags should be held liable for the death. If they are, then our legal system may just set a new standard for worldwide embarrassment. As if the President hasn't done enough of that already??? :lolr:

aka Sidekicker

Postby MiamiBoii4392 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:11 pm

^I heard from someone that the boys who were in the restricted area were supposedly intoxicated. This might be false information because I don't even know what their ages might be.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby haux » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:42 pm

^ Nothing like that has been confirmed yet. The toxicology reports won't be ready for another few weeks.
I am out of ideas for what to write in this signature box.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Six Flags Over Georgia Review

Postby CoasterGuru95 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:43 pm

Six Flags Over Georgia was a great park all in all. It had a fairly decent atmosphere (reminded me a lot of Dollywood in Gatlinburg Tn). The roller coasters were top notch except that of the "Great American Scream Machine" which failed to deliver the basic roller coaster needs, Airtime, Smoothness, Speed and overall fun. Goliath is the park's big 200+ foot tall B&M hypercoaster. It is worth all the hype over the ride it has great height, speed a little airtime (not as much as El Toro at Six Flags Great Adventure) but it was a amazing coaster. Staff was decent, the man who worked goliath was cool and got the train hyped up before embarking on the ride. The rest of the staff (except for a few game operators) was very unenthusiastic and boring. The food was decent (it saw the light of day twice for me while at a truck stop while heading home from the park) But it was very expensive and sometimes cold. i recommend that you get a handstamp and leave the park for lunch and then come back after lunch. The overall value of the park was fairly decent, a little high for food and drink (what do ya expect though).

Value=21/2 stars
Rides=4 stars
Roller Coasters=41/2 stars
Atmosphere= 3 stars
Overall=4 stars

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Blnkgttrst » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:56 am

Ya just remember to enter after lunch through the entrance.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia Review

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:03 am

CoasterGuru95 wrote:Value=21/2 stars
Rides=4 stars
Roller Coasters=41/2 stars
Atmosphere= 3 stars
Overall=4 stars

Out of what? ;)
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CoasterGuru95 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:09 pm

i agree, but me and my bro only had a few hours at the park because my dad was teaching a electrical class bout 2 blocks away from the park.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CoasterGuru95 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:10 pm

out of 5 stars

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Six Flags Over Georgia 2009

Postby CoasterLover » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:37 am

http://www.sixflags.com/overGeorgia/inf ... ement.aspx

A Monster Announcement: Historic Monster Plantation Takes Guests on a Whole New Journey

Six Flags Over Georgia announced today that the historic Monster Plantation adventure will undergo a major renovation to be unveiled as the new Monster Mansion in May 2009.

Since 1981, the Monster Plantation has been a tried and true staple for families visiting Six Flags Over Georgia. The iconic theme music, playful monster animatronics and family-friendly storyline has lured millions of visitors and consistently ranked among the most popular attractions. The new voyage will feature a slate of surprises, including new characters, music, interactive elements and a re-themed storyline. In addition, many of the original monsters will return to the Mansion.

“Monster Plantation has been a guest favorite for almost three decades, and we are thrilled to be able to recreate the experience,” said Melinda Ashcraft, Park President. “There is undoubtedly a lot of nostalgia associated with the ride, and the adults who rode it as children will now get to enjoy special memories with their own kids.”

Gary Goddard, world-renowned design consultant and founder of Gary Goddard Entertainment (GGE), created the original ride and will be responsible for the new production with many of the original designers assigned to the project. Goddard constructed the integral elements of the Georgia Aquarium, including the hub that leads to the aquarium's five exhibits and Deepo's Undersea 3D Wondershow. In 2007, GGE developed the Glow in the Park parade which lights up the night with an amazing display of imagery, music and magical performances at several Six Flags parks.

Six Flags Over Georgia is now selling 2009 season passes for the limited-time only price of $49.99 — the lowest price in four years. Guests who purchase a 2009 season pass will receive unlimited park admission not only in 2009, but also for the remainder of the 2008 season with special front-of-line entrance on Monster Plantation and free admission to see Dr. Fright's Frightorium Haunted House during this year's Fright Fest presented by SNICKERS®. Season pass holders will also be given special exclusive ride times next spring on the all-new Monster Mansion along with the value-packed 2009 coupon book with more than $300 worth of offers including five Bring-A-Friend-Free tickets. The park is currently open weekends and will be open Friday nights and Saturdays and Sundays in October. For more information on Monster Mansion or to purchase a 2009 season pass, please visit www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia.

Full Fledged Katonga Enthusiast

Postby Scaparri » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:51 am

This honestly says a lot to me about SF's management. It's along the lines of what they are doing to X2 and now SROS. They are showing that they actually care about their current attractions. To me, that's almost as good as putting in a brand new attraction simply because it demonstrates how dedicated the management is to providing a high-quality experience. It's definitely a change of pace from the old management that just plopped rides down in random open spaces.
Last edited by Scaparri on Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:03 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!