The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
This 16 year old puts you to shame

Postby socalMAN123 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:57 pm

The only maze I want to see back from previous years is Jokesters. That is the only reedeeming maze. Everything else should be new mazes.
---Brent =)
Disobey

Tatsu Ate My Homework!

Postby sixflagsmagicmountain » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:31 pm

GoogleMickey wrote:I would love to see blood falls come back this year since it wasn't present last year at FF, and I really would like to see the two mazes that didn't return last year return this year.

Blood falls wasn't there last year? Hmmm...I didn't know that. Last year was the first time in years that I've missed FF. I'll make it this year though.

Hopes Magic Mountain gets a used Roller Skater that 36" kids can ride.

Postby cooksta77 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:00 pm

I didn't go last year either so I want to definetly check it out! I hope they put Blood Falls back!
Trying to look smart on the TPR forums since 2008.

KidTums' personal piano player

Postby wrs28330 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:48 pm

No blood Falls this year. The End.

FF update on Monday or Tuesday.

Hopes Magic Mountain gets a used Roller Skater that 36" kids can ride.

Postby cooksta77 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:05 pm

Dude that really sucks! :(
Trying to look smart on the TPR forums since 2008.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Man Struck By Ninja At Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Postby Top Thrill Dragster » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:18 pm

http://www.hometownstation.com/local-ne ... -07-2.html

Man was reportedly in an unauthorized area when he was hit by Ninja ride.
UPDATE - 9:02 p.m

Six Flags Magic Mountain officials have confirmed that a man was struck by a ride at the park in Santa Clarita.

The incident, which involved a 20 year old man, occurred just after 4:00 p.m. Saturday. According to the park, the man scaled at least one fence and entered a “visibly restricted area.”

Once in the restricted area he was struck by the Ninja roller coaster. Magic Mountain officials report that park medical personnel were on scene within two minutes, and found the man unconscious but breathing. They contacted 911 and the man was transported to the hospital.

The park released a statement saying; “As required by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), Ninja is surrounded by 6-foot and 7-foot fences that are clearly marked by signs stating the area is restricted to authorized personnel only.”

Sue Carpenter , spokesperson for Six Flags told KHTS that, according to the man's brother in law, he was attempting to retrieve his hat, which had fallen off on the ride.
Apollos Chariot #1!

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:24 pm

Truly "The Black Belt of roller coasters".

Now what did we learn today kiddies? That's right, DO NOT mess with Batman or Ninjas. Bad things happen.

Papas

Postby Papas » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:47 pm

I still cant believe no ones gotten killed at Mt Olympus with all those rides that go right next to the midway with no fences at all around them.
Quite honestly though if your going to jump a fence into an area clearly beneath a roller coaster, you deserve whatever happens to you. Not SFs fault by any means and it sucks they have to get the press from it.

Tatsu Ate My Homework!

Postby sixflagsmagicmountain » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:48 pm

wrs28330 wrote:No blood Falls this year. The End.

FF update on Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks for the heads up! At least now I won't be dissapointed when FF rolls around. Glad I know ahead of time.

On a side note, I just got back from an evening at the mountain. I didn't have a very good time, but that's a long story. I'm quite happy to say however that it was in no way the fault of the park or staff. From what I saw tonight, they were doing quite well. My issue was with certain guests :roll:

I poop golden school busses

Postby astroworldfan1 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:49 pm

I'm seeing a trend in these "accidents".

-Tatum

PreviousNext