TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR "East Coast/Behemoth Trip" Update

Haha I miss Mr. Rogers from when I was little, it had to be the best show on TV. It looks like a fun little trolley ride, it brings back a lot of good memories.

Is it sad my first thought goes to Family Guy?

"What kind of freakin' king lives next to the train tracks? What is this, Mexico?"

I thought the exact same thing actually. Great pictures, looking forward to another update.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going through that tunnel on Mr. Rogers was like going through a time warp, and entering into a world where I was 6 again...

Thinking on it, the whole park was like that. It was a beautiful park, and very well themed. It had a lot more character than most major theme parks.

The Paul Bunyan Log Ride song in the queue was fantastic, confusion hill was awesome (hehehe willy), Adult hand crank cars, Gyros, and really just everything.

Bravo to Idlewild. I agree with everyone, it really is underrated.

I haven't been to Idlewild in YEARS, great to see it hasn't changed at all. I also like how Kennywood Ent. kept the old rides that no longer fit at Kennwood and put them into Idlewild. (Catapillar was replacement of a model they already had, Tilt-a-whirl, and hopefully they still have the Super Round-up and and some others!)

So Nick just reminded me of one of the most interesting moments of the trip.

While on the Thunder bus, on our way to Busch Gardens, the Lightning bus is in front of us. They drove past someone on a Bike and the wind knocked the person right into the road! We had to swerve and thankfully, our super awesome bus driver, Fred, didn't run them over.

That was a weird moment.

^My heart has just bled dry for you guys.

Consider this fate, no coasters, in fact, no people who even like coasters -it's called Sydney, Australia. I'm not saying this because I want you to care about me but just appreciate what you have got.

I've got to put with a great climate, great beaches, tons of hot women, great food, relaxed life style, sales tax included in the ticketed price, all the time in the world to play. It's just terrible down here but I'll just have to tough it out, you people give me strength.

It's just amazing how many of these fun little parks like Idlewild are tucked away like little magical kingdoms waiting to be discovered. Now I finally know what Mr Rogers was all about, I thought he was a singing cowboy or an animal wrangler - I'm such an ignorant foreigner.

I wonder how many people have tossed their cookies at confusion hill, I know I wanted to.

^Well. Aren't you all lucky. What about me, all alone and, um, lonely in North Carolina? Who do I have to hang out with?! I don't even have your mom around anymore!!!

Hey! Fellow Carolina Girl here...we haven't met yet as I couldn't do the add-on. If it gets too dark and lonely, we'll have to meet up sometime! I'll be heading to Scarowinds at some point this Fall if nothing else. There will probably be a few NC School of the Arts guys coming along, but I promise they don't bite. They're movie geeky, but I'm trying to adapt them to Coaster geeky as well.

KerryB

^ Aww, thanks!

I'll be heading to Scarowinds at some point this Fall if nothing else. There will probably be a few NC School of the Arts guys coming along, but I promise they don't bite. They're movie geeky, but I'm trying to adapt them to Coaster geeky as well.

Well, I used to be a clarinet performance major at Indiana University, so I'm quite music geeky. Let's see - music geeks, movie geeks, coaster geeks, and School of Artsy Fartsy geeks. Those are a lot of geeky titles to be split among so few separate people. Wow, we'd practically be a Star Trek convention unto our selves.

I like it.

What part of NC are you in? I don't have any plans right now to go to Scarowinds, mainly because I'm saving my money for Scandi '09 and every penny counts. Plus, Carowinds is still a 3 hour drive from me, and gas ain't cheep. But by the time October rolls around, the TPR trips will probably be announced, and I'll have a better idea of where I stand financially. If I can swing it, I'd love to join you guys. We'll talk when the time gets closer.

PM me any time! I think I'm starting to sway this thread down the dreaded path of Off Topic Lane.

^Scandi '09? Nat, aren't you the one who is scared of flying (a boat ride wouldn't seem practical)?

You are so not a nerd, your group was like the Heathers of the trip (but in a nice way) - though I guess I've got my jock who's a nerd on the inside thing.

I remember you saying "I'm a southern girl" you have no idea how exotic that sounded to an Aussie lad. Southern girls in Sydney are all blonde beach girls from Cronulla.

Back on topic, as far as withdrawals go, I'm missing the weather, it's freezing downunder, and they make me go out on fields in shorts and a playing shirt. I'm also missing Phoenix and Boulder Dash - I think we will soon be mourning Boulder Dash, once the trims go in, at least we got her at her finest.

^Scandi '09? Nat, aren't you the one who is scared of flying (a boat ride wouldn't seem practical)?

YES. I have a crippling phobia of flying. But I had SO much fun on the B/RF Trip - and I've always wanted to go to Sweden - that I decided to look into some classes/shock therapy/hypnosis/really heavy medication to help me get over that. Plus, I've already talked to Robbie (All Clear), and if we both go to Scandinavia, we'll fly out of the same airport, and he's agreed to hold the brown paper bag to my face and remind me to breathe, and I've agreed to let him take pictures of my panic for his trip report. Win win.

I remember you saying "I'm a southern girl" you have no idea how exotic that sounded to an Aussie lad.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh, southerners are toothless hicks in America. Stereotypically, of course. But thank you. At least I'm exotic in some parts of the world.

YES. I have a crippling phobia of flying. But I had SO much fun on the B/RF Trip - and I've always wanted to go to Sweden - that I decided to look into some classes/shock therapy/hypnosis/really heavy medication to help me get over that.

Just have the doc prescribe you some Xanax to take when you're on the plane. You'll be fine.

Natomic, if you find something that helps (besides drugs) please let me know. I want to bring the bf to disney but he is petrified of flying.

^Joe, Xannies (as we call them) were what we were thinking. Possibly mixed with some sort of libation.

Natomic, if you find something that helps (besides drugs) please let me know. I want to bring the bf to disney but he is petrified of flying.

^Joe, Xannies (as we call them) were what we were thinking. Possibly mixed with some sort of libation.

Mixing sedatives with alcohol is probably a bad idea. If you get a strong enough dose of Xanax, you really shouldn't need anything else. It's quite a powerful drug when used in the higher doses.

I think I'll get a Xanax prescription to try and sleep for my next big international flight. I tried Ambien for flying to Paris, but that just didn't cut it. They kept waking me up with their stupid middle of the night cabin service.

Just have the doc prescribe you some Xanax to take when you're on the plane. You'll be fine.

I tried Xanax last time I flew, and it definitely DID NOT WORK. And it was only an hour and a half flight! I think you underestimate my world-class ability to freak the heck out.

No, I definitely need something to knock me on my @ss.