TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

I visited the park yesterday with someone who had never experienced the park before. We covered nearly everything, including all the major shows (and the nighttime versions of Clyde and Seamore and Shamu). We did not do the tower, but I was able to snap a few pictures of the construction. No track on site yet, but there is a large pile of dirt.

swfmantadirt1.jpg.3d127b0d6b89daf878af59edbc2def61.jpg

Viewing the construction from the Dolphin Stadium

swfdirt.jpg.32f0ce825e4a439398134a16436746b5.jpg

A large pile of dirt

If I lived closer to the park I would probably get more photos more often just to have the documentation of how to build a Manta...

Main thing is I live 95 miles from the park so its almost a 200 mile round trip and takes up about 4-5 hours of time to drive to the park run in get the photos run out and drive back home..

I love to see how, and what they are doing as I love construction work and its really cool to see all the things they are doing.

I really loved it when Sheirkra was getting built as the park was around the corner from my job and I could just run over at lunch..

/\ True, Sam,. Manta and the expansion that has been started at Busch Virginia are the last projects under the old BEC..

AS for the buy out by InBev.. I just hope that some of the rumors about the possible former Busch owners keeping of getting the parks division come true..

Last I heard was the SWSD ride for 2010 is on hold until all the Unbev stuff gets worked out.. So that may be another ride we may never see.

/\ True, Sam,. Manta and the expansion that has been started at Busch Virginia are the last projects under the old BEC..

AS for the buy out by InBev.. I just hope that some of the rumors about the possible former Busch owners keeping of getting the parks division come true..

Last I heard was the SWSD ride for 2010 is on hold until all the Unbev stuff gets worked out.. So that may be another ride we may never see.

Poor SWSD always having bad luck...first that stupid lady and now this...

I wonder if something really bad happens, would Manta be put on hold?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, things still progressing along. Lots of new footers have gone in and a few surprises.

Construction Update August 17th, 2008!

Footers are everywhere as this week tons of new footers have gone in. More work on the station area and one of the tanks. Lots of new machinery has shown up and lots of concrete forms have arrived. Something of interest is there are footers going in the entrance area of the Blue Horizons stadium.

Check out the latest photos here www.johnnyupsidedown.com/manta.html

tpa.jpg.23204a5a66c77abbf1e9b2cf27e5a839.jpg

Holy Jesus. That looked and sounded exactly like my Uncle in that video.

what video???

I had a feeling that once the tropical fish aquarium was gone, something big was going to happen in that spot. And then I saw the habitat thing and I thought they would tear it down as well if they were to build a ride. And they did. but my biggest surprise were the flamingos...where did they put them? are they bringing them back?

I had a feeling that once the tropical fish aquarium was gone, something big was going to happen in that spot. And then I saw the habitat thing and I thought they would tear it down as well if they were to build a ride. And they did. but my biggest surprise were the flamingos...where did they put them? are they bringing them back?

I heard the flamingos were moved to a back area out of the views of guests. I believe it was somewhere behind the Key West area but I can't remember exactly. I'm sure they will bring them back, but no idea where.

Well judging from the info. in the press release, I still look for this to be an "Air" type ride. That's not a bad thing of course. It just gives us an idea of wht the ride will be like. I'm looking to see a lot of lie-to fly, fly-to lie, and a lot of banked turns. No pretzel though. Maybe if Cedar Fair bought a flyer...but I doubt it.

I'm with everyone else. Why wasn't the layout released when the ride was announced? This is so weird.

One image in the concept art looks like part of a pretzel loop. The same image also apparently shows a block brake.

Wanted to give you a head's up that through September 1, SeaWorld Orlando will be testing a new, fast-access pass called "Quick Queue.”

Every indication is it'll be a hit – our guests tell us they love to customize their SeaWorld experiences. We think this is a great way for our guests to save time and make the most of their day while enjoying Orlando's best thrill rides and shows.

Quick Queue includes express-entrance access to our thrill rides -- Journey to Atlantis, Kraken, and Wild Arctic – and early entry to each of our most popular shows – Believe (killer whale show), Clyde & Seamore Take Pirate Island (sea lion show), Blue Horizons (whale and dolphin show), Pets Ahoy at Seaport Theater, Shamu Rocks (nighttime killer whale show), and Sea Lions Tonight (nighttime sea lion show).

Also, guests can choose an extra ride – still getting the express entrance - on their choice of either Kraken, Journey to Atlantis or Wild Arctic.

As a bonus, Quick Queue holders can choose fast and free admission to one of the following – the Sky Tower, Xtreme Zone (rock climbing and bungee) or Paddle Boats.

A limited number of passes are sold each day, making sure Quick Queue stays a special experience.

Price is $29.95 per person (tax not included). Quick Queue is sold only at the park.

A few other details:

Ride requirements apply (height).

Rides and shows subject to closing or cancellation – weather, etc.

Quick Queue is valid only on date issued, non-transferable, non-refundable

I loved it at Busch Gardens Williamsburg and hope it will take off at Sea World and all the Busch parks!

My only concern is the wording about the shows. I hope they meant 'special reserved seating' instead of early access to the shows. I'd much rather show up right before the show starts and have a good section of the theater reserved for me. I'm pretty sure that's how these passes work at a lot of the other parks that use them with shows.