SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Cockroach and rat free since 2002!

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:25 am

Well judging from the info. in the press release, I still look for this to be an "Air" type ride. That's not a bad thing of course. It just gives us an idea of wht the ride will be like. I'm looking to see a lot of lie-to fly, fly-to lie, and a lot of banked turns. No pretzel though. Maybe if Cedar Fair bought a flyer...but I doubt it.
"...and SuperKing, the best one of the three!"

Resident Asian

Postby revilolee » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:19 am

^ Yeah, I don't think a pretzel would fit with the theme, but who knows. And maybe a corkscrew/zero-g or two. Can't wait to see the real layout!

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby sam06pr » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:17 am

revilolee wrote:^ Yeah, I don't think a pretzel would fit with the theme, but who knows. And maybe a corkscrew/zero-g or two. Can't wait to see the real layout!

i think the youtube video of manta is pretty much the official layout

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby justint87 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:55 am

That would be so good if that video on YouTube turns out to be the actual layout. From the video, the ride looks amazing... However, I will stay skeptical about it until they release an official layout of Manta.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby haux » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:24 am

I'm with everyone else. Why wasn't the layout released when the ride was announced? This is so weird.

One image in the concept art looks like part of a pretzel loop. The same image also apparently shows a block brake.
I am out of ideas for what to write in this signature box.

Site Admin

SeaWorld Orlando's "Quick Queue”

Postby robbalvey » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:59 pm

Wanted to give you a head's up that through September 1, SeaWorld Orlando will be testing a new, fast-access pass called "Quick Queue.”

Every indication is it'll be a hit – our guests tell us they love to customize their SeaWorld experiences. We think this is a great way for our guests to save time and make the most of their day while enjoying Orlando's best thrill rides and shows.

Quick Queue includes express-entrance access to our thrill rides -- Journey to Atlantis, Kraken, and Wild Arctic – and early entry to each of our most popular shows – Believe (killer whale show), Clyde & Seamore Take Pirate Island (sea lion show), Blue Horizons (whale and dolphin show), Pets Ahoy at Seaport Theater, Shamu Rocks (nighttime killer whale show), and Sea Lions Tonight (nighttime sea lion show).

Also, guests can choose an extra ride – still getting the express entrance - on their choice of either Kraken, Journey to Atlantis or Wild Arctic.

As a bonus, Quick Queue holders can choose fast and free admission to one of the following – the Sky Tower, Xtreme Zone (rock climbing and bungee) or Paddle Boats.

A limited number of passes are sold each day, making sure Quick Queue stays a special experience.

Price is $29.95 per person (tax not included). Quick Queue is sold only at the park.

A few other details:
Ride requirements apply (height).
Rides and shows subject to closing or cancellation – weather, etc.
Quick Queue is valid only on date issued, non-transferable, non-refundable

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:26 pm

I loved it at Busch Gardens Williamsburg and hope it will take off at Sea World and all the Busch parks!

My only concern is the wording about the shows. I hope they meant 'special reserved seating' instead of early access to the shows. I'd much rather show up right before the show starts and have a good section of the theater reserved for me. I'm pretty sure that's how these passes work at a lot of the other parks that use them with shows.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:29 pm

^Yeah, it really does work well for Busch Gardens Williamsburg. You essentially guarantee that on a crowded day you will be able to ride all the major thrill rides at least once. How much were the passes at BGW?

My Mini Cooper > My User Name

Postby dammie16@vt.edu » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:43 pm

This sounds great! I can't wait to get back to Seaworld, BGE, and a first visit to BGA.

I hope Cedar Fair reads these forums :lolr:

I eat 10,000 rancid testicles for breakfast.

Postby monkeyoverlord71 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:58 pm

i think that is a really cool idea. More parks should get these sort of fast pass things. :)
Official Big Mike Cheerleader!!!
PHOTOGRAPHY!!! http://martin-a-cumming.deviantart.com/

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!