Photo TR: Behemoth/Ravine Flyer Trip

Now with BONUS park! Neil, Robbie, Ben, & I do SFGAdv!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Millennium Force 44 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:08 pm

Awesome pictures Natalie! I had the time of my life on this trip. I can't wait to go on another TPR trip. There is no better way to enjoy an amusement park than with Robb and Elissa and a whole group of TPR's!

By the way, do a lot of cameras have that slow shutter speed capability.?Or can you only do it with one of those Digital SLR cameras?

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:12 pm

I have to admit that my expectations for many of the smaller parks we visited were quite low. Boy was I wrong, as they were the nicest parks on the trip. I can not wait until the next installment, which I hope will feature pictures of the log flume.

:devil:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:43 pm

I really liked the sunset station shot. Quite cool.

The best pictures are taken somewhat by accident. ;)

My Mini Cooper > My User Name

Postby dammie16@vt.edu » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:29 am

Millennium Force 44 wrote:Awesome pictures Natalie! I had the time of my life on this trip. I can't wait to go on another TPR trip. There is no better way to enjoy an amusement park than with Robb and Elissa and a whole group of TPR's!

By the way, do a lot of cameras have that slow shutter speed capability.?Or can you only do it with one of those Digital SLR cameras?

On my older digital camera you could have a slow "shutter" speed and it was a really crappy Point-n-shoot so I assume the new ones still can but IDK for sure.

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:44 pm

Yes, you know what kind of shot this is.

Wow it's like a bondage club full of support wires in here?

Natalie, it's official. You now have a signature element that sets apart your TRs. The "Orgy of Support" pic. :lolr:

Great read and pics as always. =)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby downunder » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:13 pm

Nice report, it's hard to believe I was actually on that trip, and still on the East Coast trip. I am so jaded now even Domintor couldn't raise my pulse above 60 beats a minute. And we have 2 hours of ERT on an SLC tomorrow morning - I think R & E have me on suicide watch.

Sea Breeze was fun, even if it is nowhere near the sea though Lake Erie is a pretty substitute.

Just to one up you on the kiddie credit whoring, so many of us tried getting on the kiddie coaster at Lake Compounce, that they wound doing an impromptu ERT session (one abrupt lap and off) just before Boulder Dash - which is now the one coaster to rule them all - I'm still in shock at how good it was.

DelGrosso's Sauce + Enterprise = VOMIT!

Postby Wood Dragon 1988 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:19 pm

Sweet, another Dash fan. Just wait for Phoenix though......

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby All Clear » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Yeah, I was hearing all day today about how amazing Boulder Dash was...and how it won't be so amazing next year. :(

SWF looking for dorky overweight coaster enthusiast to sweep me off my feet.

Postby natatomic » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:33 pm

Day 2a: Darien Lake

Sorry, for the wait everyone, but I am notorious for taking forever to get my trip reports up and completed.

Darien Lake seems to be about your average park - it's enjoyable, but not particularly noteworthy. Still, ERT on Ride of Steel was incredible, though I almost got a black eye on Predator when my own boobs nearly hit me in the face.

MotoCoaster got a unanimous rating of "cute" from the group, and that's all we really had to say about it. If only it were longer, maybe then it would have bumped up our opinion to "precious."

Boomerang wasn't terrible; I've been on worse, and all I really wanted was the credit anyway. Mind Eraser, however, was by far the worst SLCs I've ever been on, and it's definitely in my top three on my list of Rides That Make Me Cry Out for Mommy. Not everyone agrees with me on how terrible things things really are, but I think I'm at the perfect height (5'4 1/2") for my head to receive the optimal amount of banging against the OTSRs.

And Viper...well, it was a standard Arrow looper, another type of coaster that I generally ride just to get the credit. I tend to black out and bang my head a lot on most Arrows, so I usually have to give myself a "You can do it, Natalie!" pep talk just to get myself in line. And I did do it, but I wouldn't say I was happy about it.

One last thing, before the photos: I was with a group of people who decided to use our Exit Passes on RoS TEN MINUTES before the bus was scheduled to leave. We DID make it, but just barely, maybe with 3 seconds to spare, and there is nothing in the world more terrifying than finding out just how out of shape you really are when your speed (or lack there of) is the sole determining factor in whether or not you have free transportation to the next park or not.

But that final ride we got on Ride of Steel? By far the best one of the day, so it was TOTALLY WORTH IT.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 005.jpg
If parks didn't blazon their names across their entry gates, would people REALLY not know where they were at?

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THIS ISN'T DISNEY WORLD?"
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 009.jpg
Group photo POV! Judging by the direction everyone is facing, I missed something spectacular happening to the right as I was facing left to take this shot.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 011.jpg
Looks like Darien Lake has some separation anxiety issues, as seen in its desperate plea of a banner. The two extra exclamation points do nothing to mask the parks insecurities. Anyone care to donate some Xanax?
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 014.jpg
Everyone awkwardly avoids eye contact with Predator during the first part of ERT.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 016.jpg
Can you blame us, though? Let's see...boob-bouncing woodie, or Intamin smoothy?

It's a no-brainer for the girls, anyway.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 018.jpg
Since it's right next to Ride of Steel, I think they should change Predator's name to Ride of Wood. It's only appropriate.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 021.jpg
I don't know what any of this stuff does, but I bet one would look good on my fireplace mantle. I think Southern Living would approve, don't you?
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 022.jpg
My hair only had about a minute left to look this pretty after this photo was taken. Then it got all windblown and coasterfied.

The sacrifices I make for this hobby, you know?
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 023.jpg
Neil pointing at the only two teeth that Alabama kid has.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 038.jpg
Like the middle children in families, the middle seats are always the neglected ones during ERT.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 060.jpg
After ERT, most of us made a mad dash for MotoCoaster.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 061.jpg
Hmmm....I don't see any signs of thrill or disbelief on their faces...
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 076.jpg
Ah, there's some smiles! And even a right-turn hand signal to let us know that they are about to - get this - TURN TO THE RIGHT to return to the station.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 084.jpg
Most people had a good time on MotoCoaster, but it looks like Hanno actually found Jesus on it. If that's not a face of born-again redemption and faith, I don't know what is.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 092.jpg
Ugh, after "SLC," these are the 3 most terrifying syllables I could ever hear.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 045.jpg
Luckily for me, this one wasn't too bad.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 100.jpg
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 095.jpg
The coaster wasn't moving in this shot, Vekoma trains are just that blurry.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 097.jpg
Robb's opinion? "Vekoma: Tastes like chicken."
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 120.jpg
Oh good. An SUghC. Called Mind Eraser. How fitting.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 123.jpg
He looks like a pleading puppy, right before you throw it in the incinerator.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 129.jpg
I had the PERFECT caption for this picture, but then I rode the coaster, and it was like...the caption had been erased from my mind or something. Weird.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 150.jpg
FASCINATION!
And there's me sitting next to my "special" buddy.

(Just to be clear, I mean "special" as in "takes the short bus" not "special" as in "boyfriend." If you saw his scary, scary puppet show on the bus, you'd understand why I so desperately want to make that distinction.)
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 147.jpg
Robbie playing with both sets of his balls.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 137.jpg
You know, I really don't care for Arrow loopers. At all. But coincidentally, I ended up riding this one with Arrowfanman, and for a moment, it was like we were the Odd Couple of roller coasters.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 173.jpg
It had been closed for the first few hours of our visit, but they eventually got it up and running.

Yay?
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 183.jpg
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 164.jpg
But even though they're not my favorite coasters, I still appreciate them for their photogenicality, which isn't even a word.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 193.jpg
Evidently, part of the lift hill is in Canada.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 195.jpg
Forget coasters, let's get some Beer ERT.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 204.jpg
And Lunch ERT.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 212.jpg
There are great photo ops of RoS to be found beyond the lunch pavilions here.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 214.jpg
I don't have any good captions for these, so I'll just let the photos do the talking.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 217.jpg
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 221.jpg
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 223.jpg
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 225.jpg
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 255.jpg
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 264.jpg
Mmmk, last one
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 278.jpg
Jake's all, "Eugh...have you seen those glasses Robbie's wearing behind me?"
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 281.jpg
Neil decided to mark his territory right there in front of all of us.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 287.jpg
I'm not a big fan of water rides, yet somehow they managed to drag me on almost every single one during this trip.

Still, I had a strategy. I draped a T-shirt over my head and ducked behind someone much taller than me.
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 295.jpg
Like Erik! Thanks Erik!
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 285.jpg
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 286.jpg
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 297.jpg
One last trip on Ride of Steel, you say? With 10 minutes until the bus leaves? BRILLIANT!
Day 2 - Darien Lake & Martin's 304.jpg
And a SBNO stand up across the street to bring this portion of the TR to a close.

I hope to have the Martin's Fantasy Island up before Christmas. Wish me luck!

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby printersdevil78 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:51 pm

I love Jahan's Bruno-wannabe pose!
day_2_-_darien_lake___martin_s_084_882.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive