TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

Sounds like a nice addition to the park. It's cool that they're getting a new area, with the new rides, like the coaster and the log flume. I like how he says "The new Sesame Street attraction provides our youngest guests with kid-size versions of our grown-up rides". Can't wait to see more on this.

The park does need a good kiddie coaster along the lines of Sea World's Shamu, so this sounds like a good move. I actually saw the 4D flick at Universal Osaka last year (in Japanese), and it's actually pretty good. (Pirates 4D is getting pretty old.)

I think this is a great addition to the park. Now for the most important question, will this be an adult friendly coaster or will we need a child to ride with.

You knew this question would be asked, so I figured why not get it out of the way.

This is a great direction for BGE! The only thing that bothers me is why New York City theme added to Europe themed park? But ok, whatever works.

"This new European-themed Sesame Street village," says the press release. You can find concept art via the link in the first post of this thread.

This is a great direction for BGE! The only thing that bothers me is why New York City theme added to Europe themed park?

Maybe it's a New York Street of London themed. Even if they don't have that in London. Or they might just use the Sesame Street rip-off caracters from Heide Park and say it's European.

--James

I am excited for this new land, especially for my son who has "outgrown" the kiddie rides at Land of the Dragons. I hope these rides are aimed at the elementary school crowd and not the toddlers.

Now I need to get my son to start watching Sesame Street over the winter so he might look foward to meeting Elmo or Big Bird.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Screamscape mentioned that BGE might be planning some sort of "hard ticket" Christmas event for 2009--we shall see. I've always thought that the park should take a crack at this. Colonial Williamsburg's big Christmas event, the "Grand Illumination," is this Sunday.

Well, it's on the BGE Web site, so I guess we can call it "official." BGE will be holding "Christmas Town" in 2009.

The press release is a little light on the details, but tickets for this event, which will run on weekends in November and December, will be $19.95.