Join Theme Park Review at Hersheypark - Friday, August 15th!

ERT, Food, and FUN!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Join Theme Park Review at Hersheypark - Friday, August 15th!

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:58 pm

Hey Theme Park Review members!

As you may know TPR's East Coast Trip will be stopping by Hersheypark this year and we have decided to open up this day to other TPR members who may be in the local area. There will be lots of ERT, Food, and FUN!

Cost for the day is as follows:
$52 - Non Season Pass Holders
$25 - Season Pass Holders

Event Schedule - Friday, August 15th

8:15am - Meet outside Main Gate
9:00 - 10:00 - ERT on Fahrenheit & Storm Runner
10:00am - Free time at Hersheypark!
6:00pm - Dinner at Wildcat Catering
11:00pm - 12:00am - ERT on Wildcat and Lightning Racer

Here's the catch. You HAVE to pre-register BEFORE July 31st and you HAVE to be at the park by 8:15am. If you cannot arrive by 8:15am you will not be able to join the group for this event.

We have a limited number of spots so register now!

Register online here:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/in ... tegoryID=8

If you are unable to register online and need to register via snail mail email me directly at robbalvey@aol.com

See you at Hersheypark!

--Robb Alvey
www.themeparkreview.com

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:47 pm

Too bad I can't make it to Hershey.

What day are you guys heading up to Six Flags New England? I might be able to meet up with all you for a day.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:26 pm

^ Well, here's the thing. The reason why we opened up this one day is so that people on the east coast can meet up and join in the fun. Unless you are coming with a group of people, we actually don't reccomend that people in the local area meet up and I'm not saying that to be rude, it's just that often times people come to meet up with TPR and we're either too busy (Elissa and I) running the trip or in our own little group (remember it's our vacation too) or other members have spent the last few days making friends that it's hard to meet someone who's just there for a day.

This usually isn't the case for days we open up to other TPR members since a lot of people are showing up all for the same reason and it's an official "TPR Meet."

Here's what we said in our FAQ:

Q: If I live local to some parks, can I join you guys for just one park during a TPR trip?
A: This is a tough question. Of course you are allowed to come and meet up with us for a day here or there...BUT... Something we've noticed is that a lot of times this causes problems or awkwardness. Remember that these trips are a lot like "Summer Camp". Everyone has their friends, new and old, many people are already in their little groups, etc.

Then if you show up all of a sudden, it's hard to fit in with the group. Especially if you're meeting up with us once the park is open, after we've had some ERT and the group has already split into tons of tiny groups.

Keep in mind, unless we open an event day to other TPR members, you cannot join us for group meals or ERT or any other perks.

Also, if you think that meeting up with us for a few hours means you'll spend all that time with Robb and Elissa, remember we're doing stuff with the parks, helping our participants with stuff, and going at Baby speed with Kristen so it's not always possible for the two of us to hang out with people.

Another thing to remember, is that when we are on a TPR trip, it's "our vacation" also. And as much as we enjoy meeting members from the site, we have our group of friends and family that we are hanging out with too.

I think the only way we really reccomend meeting up with the group for a day is if you are already friends with someone on the trip and you want to hang out with them. Trying to join the group for a TPR trip day, unless it's an official TPR Meet, is not something we really encourage anymore.

Baby I'm Ready To Gooooooooo

Postby thrillrideseeker » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:56 pm

Hey Robb, I am glad you guys are making this trip! Tony and I had planned on heading back down there at the end of July for my birthday, but instead we will wait until the 15th!! Tony and I have never been on a TPR trip so we are very excited! We will register as soon as we can get to the bank to deposit the money!!
~Matthew
~Matt & Matt~

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby TexTitan01 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:25 pm

Oh I SO want in on this...I'll work on the details with the parentals and get back to you.

late night ERT on GCIs is the most bangin thing this world has ever known...period
if life gives you lemons, squeeze them in lifes eyes and make it beg for mercy :devil:

Thought "Laser Snake Horse" was real.

Postby Speeddeamon128 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:07 pm

I'm going no matter what because I'm on the East Coast Trip :b
Robb do you think we can film on Fahrenheit during ERT?
2010 Coaster Laps: 342
-Behemoth/Ravine Flyer II Tour 2008, East Coast Tour 2008, West Coast Tour 2009

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:15 pm

Speeddeamon128 wrote:Robb do you think we can film on Fahrenheit during ERT?

No, sorry. I don't believe cameras are allowed on the coasters at Hersheypark.

--Robb

El Toro totally owns the Voyage!

Postby coasterguy618 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:37 pm

Wow, I so hope I can make this! Sounds like such a great time!

Frissbeking

Postby Frissbeking » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:30 pm

I just so happen to have this day requested off from work. It's me and my girlfriends anniversary that day, and we had nothing planned yet. I know she LOVES Hershey, so maybe I can swing this. I will be getting in touch with you soon about this Robb. Thanks for opening it up.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby deguy123 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:55 am

This sounds great, I am never able to get the funds for these big trips but this sounds like something I would be able to do!

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!