Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1843 - Volcano being REMOVED!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Agonizing, I drank too much CP Kool Aid

Postby cedarpointfangirl » Tue May 20, 2008 3:01 pm

Nice pics. Dominator looks great. I really think it is such a nice addition to the park, they really needed it.
"You only live once...but if you live it right, once is enough

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Tue May 20, 2008 3:13 pm

Is the carved out Batman symbol still there, or are the seats brand new? I hope it isn't still there. :lolr:

KD has a real quality coaster on their hands. I can't wait to go there and be reunited with one of my favorites!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby pkd804 » Tue May 20, 2008 3:50 pm

The Batman symbols are no longer there. I believe the seats are brand new. :airtime:

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Kings Dominion's 2009 New Rides Confirmation?

Postby pkd freak » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:31 am

If this has been confirmed that we are getting 3 new flats for next season. I'm really not looking fwd to it.. These are so old school. There're suppose to be located in XLC's old location. WooooW, I cannot see KD with a Ferris Wheel!!!!

News Plus Notes wrote:It's also being reported on the site that Americana (ferris wheel), Black Squid (spider flat ride), and El Dorado (magic carpet flat ride) are going to Kings Dominion for next year. The news comes from a reputable source, and it's said that the rides will occupy Hypersonic's former area.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby QueenCityBoy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:53 am

Heck, atleast KD is getting some flat ride love even if they are old.

Carowinds needs some love too but we'll wait for new flats.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:04 am

KD just opened a huge new coaster this season (Dominator), even if it was a relocated one. So, I'm not surprised that next year's offerings are a bit more "low key."

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:33 am

I don't know about any of you guys but next to Dominator,Americana is another ride from GL that I'd love to see at the park & it will add a nice change to the skyline that's for sure.

Don't forget that already there are rumors going around about something big coming for 2010(hyper perhaps?) so the park's 09 offerings don't sound bad to me in the least.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby cathyJ » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:45 am

It is interesting that Kings Dominion is ( or maybe ) be getting a Ferris Wheel considering that back in the 70's that park vowed never to get one.

"...you can ride those at carnivals !!"

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby redfoot12 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:08 am

cathyJ wrote:It is interesting that Kings Dominion is ( or maybe ) be getting a Ferris Wheel considering that back in the 70's that park vowed never to get one.

Ha--I never knew about that vow. We did have Apple Turnover which always reminded me of a Ferris Wheel when I was younger.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby pkd freak » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:18 am

redfoot12 wrote:
cathyJ wrote:It is interesting that Kings Dominion is ( or maybe ) be getting a Ferris Wheel considering that back in the 70's that park vowed never to get one.

Ha--I never new about that vow. We did have Apple Turnover which always reminded me of a Ferris Wheel when I was younger.

Ahhh, How I miss Apple Turnover. They should had brought that back instead of the Spider.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!