SFNO/Jazzland Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Born when stamps were 2 cents

Postby OldJJman » Wed May 14, 2008 10:20 pm

Meteornotes wrote:Jeff, awesome post,...

Thanks.

Meteornotes wrote:but no one will pay attention to it since you used actual facts and logic, ...

I know. I'm sorry. I was bored in between doing loads of laundry. I thought I'd look into this a little more deeply, and do something constructive. I fail.

;)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby cw211 » Wed May 28, 2008 4:34 am

I started to ask some questions along with the poster you were quoting at 'that board', however my childish behavior got me into some crud with the side Admin.. Whatever- I'm over it, and have already gone around the restrictions set there- I've just got to be good from now on!

I could not agree with your post more. I think some of the folks have given this new group too much credit- and haven't asked enough questions. I was excited when reading about the new Group at first. Then the MOMENT I saw the site my dreams were shattered. I thought, "What the HELL kind of professional group would create something like this? How on earth could they be pitching the City when they're still marketing concepts...OVER AN INTERNET FORUM??!!

I wish for something wonderful to return- just as much as the next guy, but I refuse to believe that a Group who wishes to resurrect a Park that's been sitting vacant for over 3 years- would market ideas in the way they are, or would create a site in the fashion they did. I don't think I'd see the CEO browsing and talking amongst the Online Community openly, nor would he/she be making Radio appearances- where the heck is the Marketing Guy when you need him???!!! I will drop my jaw and eat my shoe if this Group pans up something great, and if they do- I sure hope within their creativity- they build a new Website- that doesn't hurt my eyes.

Thanks for posting your gathered facts and opinions, as they only help me feel more confident with my doubt. A very well written post.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Markieb » Wed May 28, 2008 6:28 am

cw211 wrote: I think some of the folks have given this new group too much credit- and haven't asked enough questions.

That is true. Apparently 49 people believe in this as that many people have registered on the site. That's about 40 more people than I would have expected on the site.

Lady Rhinoceroses Ate Homosexual Coffee in New Orleans

Postby The Alex » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:29 pm

I know SSAI isn't getting the friendliest response from TPR, but I thought I should bring this up anyway.

Apparently there's a lot of movement going on inside of SFNO. It seems like there are crews in the park grounds that are working on weed/overgrowth control. I don't know how valid this is, if at all, but it's about time that there was movement seen inside of the park since FEMA left.

Take it for what you will.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby verticalzero » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:54 am

Southern Star Amusement Inc plans for SFNO:

http://www.southernstaramusement.com/index.html

Southern Star Amusement is in talks to resurrect the former Jazzland/ Six Flags New Orleans venue. We are securing private investment money, costing the taxpayers of New Orleans nothing.

Business transactions of this scope take time and coordination to close the deal. During the talks, both sides exchange sensitive information and are required to execute Non‐Disclosure statements. Six Flags and Southern Star have entered into mutual Non‐Disclosure agreements. These documents prohibit either side from discussing or disclosing any information.

Our intention is a simple one; rebuild and reopen. Reopening of this facility will bring over 1,400 jobs to the area, tax revenues from sales and an option for family entertainment. The rebuilding would also
provide indirect jobs through the support areas that will be needed for reconstruction.

Opening a facility of this size also encourages other businesses to reopen in the area. In the coming months, we will provide peeks at attractions and the rebuilding and refurbishment of the
grounds. We are excited that we have the opportunity to bring back YOUR park and to make it bigger and better
masterplan.jpg
Before
Concept_Map.jpg
After
"Roller coaster design is a science, as well as an art: a state of pure bliss".

--------------------------------------

I poop golden school busses

Postby astroworldfan1 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:10 am

Well guys, the park has a new name. The new name is Legend City Adventure Park.

There has been some movement happening around the park. The grounds are being cleared of debris and weeds. Does this tell you anything?

Legend City Adventure Park Website!

Check out the all new Legend City Adventure Park website!

-Tatum

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby haux » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:22 am

Legend City? Does that have any connection to the former park in Arizona?
I am out of ideas for what to write in this signature box.

Lady Rhinoceroses Ate Homosexual Coffee in New Orleans

Postby The Alex » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:42 am

No, there's no Arizona connection. This park will be the first of it's kind: an amusement/waterpark hybrid. The slides are mixed in with the rides, as opposed to having the amusements and water attractions in completely seperate areas.

Oh, and there's MegaZeph. Can't beat that.

I poop golden school busses

Postby astroworldfan1 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:57 am

^ Mega Zeph is exactly great. In now way is it Balder or El Torro. It's still fun, but not totally aswome. It wasn't great because it ran with G Trains.

-Tatum

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby stingrock23 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:50 am

I could see a combination of theme park/water park actually working much more than just the theme park on its own. I hope this all works out
2007 TPR Midwest Trip,2008 TPR East Coast Trip,2009 TPR Deep South Trip

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!