SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:57 am

Here are the latest construction photos of Manta (taken July 5, 2008)...
IMGP9194.JPG
An overview of the construction work as of 7.5.08.
IMGP9197.JPG
Some new construction walls have gone up on the Manta side of Key West as well.
IMGP9205.JPG
Closeup on the main enclosure's construction.
IMGP9213.JPG
A look at the construction entryway in the parking lot where new construction supplies will appear throughout the year.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Ask me about being a pathological liar!!

Postby kraken613 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:34 pm

Im ready to see the layout of this!

Anyone been out recently?

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby sam06pr » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:43 pm

kraken613 wrote:Im ready to see the layout of this!

Anyone been out recently?

ME TOO! I am about to roll over and die if I don't see the layout!

I think johnny updated some pics of the construction

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Johnny Upsidedown » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:23 pm

I would figure you wont see the layout for several more months.. At least until either most of the footers are in or track starts to go up. Track will arrive at the park in about 2 to 3 months.

I was out at the park a week ago on the 20th.. I will go again this coming weekend Aug. 3rd.. Until track goes up I will have bi weekly updates then weekly when track is getting done..

Latest photos are here http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/manta.html
Johnny Roller Coaster Website with Roller coaster related: events, trip reports and construction photos. http://www.Johnnyupsidedown.com
Manta Construction http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/manta.html

Ask me about being a pathological liar!!

Postby kraken613 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:25 pm

Ok that make sense! You can oly take so may pictures of dirt!

Looking forward to your pictures though!

On the other side of the camera

Postby WillMontu » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:32 pm

I visited the park yesterday with someone who had never experienced the park before. We covered nearly everything, including all the major shows (and the nighttime versions of Clyde and Seamore and Shamu). We did not do the tower, but I was able to snap a few pictures of the construction. No track on site yet, but there is a large pile of dirt.
swfdirt.jpg
A large pile of dirt
swfmantadirt1.jpg
Viewing the construction from the Dolphin Stadium

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Johnny Upsidedown » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:32 pm

If I lived closer to the park I would probably get more photos more often just to have the documentation of how to build a Manta...

Main thing is I live 95 miles from the park so its almost a 200 mile round trip and takes up about 4-5 hours of time to drive to the park run in get the photos run out and drive back home..

I love to see how, and what they are doing as I love construction work and its really cool to see all the things they are doing.

I really loved it when Sheirkra was getting built as the park was around the corner from my job and I could just run over at lunch..
Johnny Roller Coaster Website with Roller coaster related: events, trip reports and construction photos. http://www.Johnnyupsidedown.com

Postby sam06pr » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:07 pm

with all this inbev stuff going on, I feel that Manta will be the last project for BEC. I hope BGA gets its Hyper and SWSD gets its premier ride

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Johnny Upsidedown » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:34 pm

/\ True, Sam,. Manta and the expansion that has been started at Busch Virginia are the last projects under the old BEC..

AS for the buy out by InBev.. I just hope that some of the rumors about the possible former Busch owners keeping of getting the parks division come true..

Last I heard was the SWSD ride for 2010 is on hold until all the Unbev stuff gets worked out.. So that may be another ride we may never see.

Postby sam06pr » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:59 pm

Johnny Upsidedown wrote:/\ True, Sam,. Manta and the expansion that has been started at Busch Virginia are the last projects under the old BEC..

AS for the buy out by InBev.. I just hope that some of the rumors about the possible former Busch owners keeping of getting the parks division come true..

Last I heard was the SWSD ride for 2010 is on hold until all the Unbev stuff gets worked out.. So that may be another ride we may never see.

Poor SWSD always having bad luck...first that stupid lady and now this... :butt:
I wonder if something really bad happens, would Manta be put on hold?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!