Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 988: "Christmas in Hershey" 2018 offerings announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:44 am

I think it is now confirmed that Canyon River Rapids and Rodeo are going to be removed.
On a Hersheypark fansite, someone has posted numerous pictures of servey markers around Rodeo and Canyon River Rapids.
http://www.hpbuzz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15

Tomorrow, we will know all....

I play Metroid every day!

Postby Kennyweird » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:11 am

What time are they going to make the announcement?
This is my signature. Deal with it.
Kennywood Rides Team Member- Racer/Skycoaster
Coaster count: 67

nagro5 tastes like poo-poo.

Postby nagro5 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:30 am

NEW FOR 2009! The Boardwalk: The SEAquel!

http://www.hersheypark.com/boardwalk/seaquel/index.php

ATTRACTION INFO:
*Total Square Footage: Approximately 5 acres or 217,800 square feet
*Overall Capacity of new phase: Approximately 4,000 guests at a time
*Additional New Features: 27 private cabanas (exclusively for Hershey Resorts guests), lounging space for guests, Restaurant, 2 Food Kiosks, 2 retail outlets, changing area with full showers and restrooms, 1,000 fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo.
*Estimated Cost: $16.1 million
Total Coasters: 200 (167 steel, 33 wood)
Total Parks: 34

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:35 pm

As much as the Boardwalk needs more slides, a wave pool, and lazy river, I still can't help but wonder why the heck Hershey just didn't build the Boardwalk as a separate gate instead. How much more expansion room can they possibly have for it in its current location. I'd hate to see any of the coasters or Midway America rides going bye bye because the Hershey bigwigs couldn't figure out that a waterpark in Central PA would be a good idea.
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Hersheypark 09, I got some thought in my thinker!

Postby amusing_parks » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:37 pm

New for 2009 a real? Wave pool, with the depth of 4 feet, thats almost bigger then my leg!
If you haven't heard about the expansion to the boardwalk
www.hersheypark.com/boardwalk/seaquel/index.php

Other then that I got to say I took these pictures about 2 weeks ago and I was wondering what about this, you forgot about this...
This is at Coastline Plunge (if you didn't know that).

Im going to try to go get some more pictures (I didn't get it all).

Theres nothing new there could there be phases or something like every 2 years something new. Could this be like a 3rd or something?
resize 1.jpg
I smell footers, ha get it!
resize 2.jpg
Theres more footers! (Notice the support see them little support holder thingers I get to that later.)
resize 3.jpg
Bigger picture of the footers.
resize 8.jpg
From the exit of the pool, wait what huh look were im standing...
resize 11.jpg
Theres a cover, a wooden cover, I don't think its a plank.
resize 12.jpg
Would you look at that, its portable, by the way them ropes were not connected in any way, like the one in the cement to the one with the black thinger.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby CoasterEricHP » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:45 pm

Interesting! It makes sense that they'd get the groundwork done for some future slides during the original construction! Good find! I cant help but think that they'll get some kind of water coaster in the near future.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby swampfox » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:58 pm

I really hate their lack of planning when it comes to this waterpark. My guess is that the only way to fix this problem they are gonna have with removing stuff is by making Midway America a part of Boardwalk. Since both coasters are wooden coasters, they would do good in a boardwalk setting, as would Wild Mouse and Musik Express and the Fun Slides. It'd be more like an old fashioned boardwalk than a modern one. Ever seen some of the old Our Gang shorts? Some take place on boardwalks with some pretty big wooden coasters.

It's just such a shame that waterparks trump amusement parks these days. In my mind no water park should ever be built on theme park property. It causes problems like people walking around in swim clothes throughout the rest of the park and less flat ride building to focus on more water activities. Water rides like Canyon River Rapids do just fine.

Postby amusing_parks » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:05 pm

Yes yes yes, and them people walking around you got to tell you need a shirt to ride this ride. Midway is in a good area for a boardwalk but boardwalk is growing and growing its like godzilla. Hershey could make a little more money if there was a amusement park and water park with separate prices but still where the boardwalk is raises the question. Where should stick this? hmmm take out a nice ride like rapids. It almost makes me want to cry ha.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby coastercrazy216 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:43 pm

Damn it! I hate HP!

Postby amusing_parks » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:48 pm

So lets tinker with are thinkers. Haha, so what do you think there going to do with the old wave pool? Lightning Racer is right there and they might half to do some stuff to get slides threw there. The good thing is that its in the middle of the turn around that goes into the tunnel and the turn around that goes to the should I call flag. They might be able to make a water coaster back there you never know hershey sticks 5 foot wide things in places that are 4 foot and make us wonder how they did it. Well that the best I could say it.

With the indoor water park that might go in at the Hotel Hershey, you think since this is Hershey Entertainment they could be trying it at the park first and seeing how it is at the park before they go to the hotel? I just was thinking maybe they might be, but then again I thought I hear more about that with the "amazing amount of people to go to the boardwalk."

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!