TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

So guys, it's me, the guy who was disappointed with Behemoth.

I went again on Wednesday and I gotta say, boy was it MUCH better the second time.

Back row was open all day on all 3 trains. It had to be 15 degrees warmer out, I'm sure that had to have helped. Also the employees were being much more generous with the lap bars as apposed to last Wednesday. Coaster was flying over every hill giving great air on each:airtime: . First drop seemed to have a whip effect because of the long trains when taken in the back row.

I would put this coaster ahead of a lot of different hypers. Ride of steel, Magnum, Nitro, Steel Force, Raging Bull and Wild Thing all come to mind.

I would do anything for a burger in Toronto that wasn't burned to a crisp. They are hockey pucks.

Anyone visiting from a country which allows you order your food the way you like it, stay far far away from Toronto burgers.

^ What are you talking about? I haven't had a burger thats been burnt to a crisp in the city. Perhaps you should go to Lick's for their awesome, made the way you want, non-crispy burgers.

^^ Thanks for posting the City TV clip, it would have been great if they could have had some on-ride video Jenn's ride.

Lick's will not cook their burgers anything less than well-done, it is a Toronto by-law that unless the meat is ground on premises they cannot cook it medium, medium rare or rare.

Lick's burgers are frozen, in fact they sell them for home use.

Once you have a nice medium rare burger with some pink the middle you can never go back. Go to any burger restaurant in NYC, they are amazing.

Lick's burgers are overcooked and therefore ruined. Once upon a time they were great.

There is a long thread on chowhound discussing this very topic. Rumor is there is a restaurant in the Danforth which will cook a burger properly.

However, we are going off-topic. Long story short, I would certainly never recommend anyone order a burger at Canada's Wonderland, Behometh or otherwise.

Now the Cookie Icecream sandwhiches by Vortex, those are a must-have!

However, we are going off-topic. Long story short, I would certainly never recommend anyone order a burger at Canada's Wonderland, Behometh or otherwise.

Well the cheeseburger I had from Coasters on media day was pretty good.

Although I would never pay $15 for it.

^ Agreed! The food there is pretty decent, but no where NEAR worth how much they charge you for it. I find the food at Wonderland to be really over-priced, moreso than your average amusement park. There's no great deals to be had anywhere in the park. My favourite place to eat though is still the backlot cafe.

Lick's will not cook their burgers anything less than well-done, it is a Toronto by-law that unless the meat is ground on premises they cannot cook it medium, medium rare or rare.

Lick's burgers are frozen, in fact they sell them for home use.

Once you have a nice medium rare burger with some pink the middle you can never go back. Go to any burger restaurant in NYC, they are amazing.

Lick's burgers are overcooked and therefore ruined. Once upon a time they were great.

There is a long thread on chowhound discussing this very topic. Rumor is there is a restaurant in the Danforth which will cook a burger properly.

Now the Cookie Icecream sandwhiches by Vortex, those are a must-have!

I don't want to die from ecoli man!! Hamburger is always well done for a reason- it can make you very sick!

-Sean

I don't want to die from ecoli man!! Hamburger is always well done for a reason- it can make you very sick!

Can't tell if there was sarcasm there or not, but well done meat has just as much of a chance of having ecoli as medium or medium rare meat. It's not how long you cook it that affects it, it's how hot it gets.

Got back from a long 10 hours at CW today. It felt like forever but meh, on to the complaining to praising. CW sucks when it comes to controlling line jumpers. Something MUST be done about them. The prices, SUCK like usual. It cost me exactly $4.51 for a 44oz drink. Dinner was 10 bucks. I went to get a funnel cake as "dinner" cause I was craving one but turns out they closed 2 hours early. Nice service CW has got going on here.

Now onto the good. I got on Behemoth 11 times today. I was very last in line and in the 2nd last train. Feels good to say this, but Behemoth didn't break down once today, sorta. I was going up the lift, and it stopped for half a second, then climbed up realllllyyyyy slow for maybe 10 seconds. It then went faster and everything was all good. I was heading into the final brake run and I noticed that they were now doing a complete cycle with empty trains. There was no downtime besides that. Also pleased to say that the back cars are now able to be sat in (if this hasn't been said yet). Behemoth ran all 3 trains even when it was raining. Only the first trim grabbed as usual. While going down the first drop, I noticed a hat was stuck on the track (not on the rails but on the B&M box part). I wonder if they would've closed the ride for that?

Can't tell if there was sarcasm there or not, but well done meat has just as much of a chance of having ecoli as medium or medium rare meat. It's not how long you cook it that affects it, it's how hot it gets.

Well, generally to get a well-done burger you have to cook it pretty high! And I've never has a burned burger, my uncle brought some In-N-Out from the US to us and it tasted like A&W hamburgers!

Anyways, I don't live in Toronto, maybe it's different.

-Sean

I would do anything for a burger in Toronto that wasn't burned to a crisp. They are hockey pucks.

Anyone visiting from a country which allows you order your food the way you like it, stay far far away from Toronto burgers.

Golden Star! Their veggie burgers are good too.

Golden Star! Their veggie burgers are good too.

Golden Star is AMAZINGGGGGGGGG!!! Super huge burgers with a ton of toppings, thick milkshakes, awesome hot dogs... veggie burgers, veal and steak sandwiches, oh yeah!!!

Their fries are ass though, that's my one knock on them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Planet Snoopy Moves In To Canada's Wonderland

Coming Spring 2010

It's a major investment in fun! Snoopy, Charlie Brown and the rest of the Peanuts gang are moving into their new home and taking over Nickelodeon Central and Hanna-Barbera Land. Three new children's rides and a new live show will complete the landscape at Planet Snoopy, to give our smallest fans and friends even more chances to swing, fly and giggle through a day at the park.

===

Seems like a smart move for the park, frankly. Sure, it's not a coaster, but given the target demographic Cedar Fair is after (families), it makes sense. Plus, no more Nick licensing issues to worry about. It's going to be a huge area after combining these two lands...I wonder if 'Kidzville' will be left out of this?

I would guess the ice show would be in the Wonderland Theatre, since it already has the ice surface. That leaves the old Dora stage without a show, but I suppose that's technically in Kidzville. I wonder if this project will finally get rid of the Bedrock Aquarium...