Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 680 - Pandemonium Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby coreyml » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:22 am

ParkTrips wrote:Maybe on Thursday I can bring a camera since I'll be headed down that way again..

another beer run?
i was plannin on goin by there too when i pick up some tix downtown so when u goin?

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Boy decapitated at SFOG

Postby haux » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:08 pm

See story here.

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) — A boy died Saturday after being decapitated at the Six Flags Over Georgia theme park outside of Atlanta, authorities said.

The Cobb County, Georgia, Fire and Emergency department said the victim was part of a group of boys who jumped a fence and entered an area of the park they were not supposed to be in. No one else was injured, the department told CNN.

Cobb County police Sgt. Dana Pierce said a 911 call of the decapitation came in about 2 p.m. ET. The person was located near the back of the park, he said.

A Six Flags spokesman said the park would make a statement after assessing the situation.

I wonder what happened? Did he lose his hat or shoe on Batman and run in a low zone? I recall something similar happening when a maintenance worker was in a low zone while Batman was running, and I think it was at this same park.

But not many details are out now.

Another source.
One of the boys jumped up and tried to grab someone's feet who was on the Batman ride.

So they jumped the fence, and the kid tried to grab someone's feet? That's insane. Batman goes 50 mph. Even if it's going 35 after one of the corkscrews in a low zone, it will do some serious damage to anything it hits. This is ridiculous.

It's like running onto a busy highway and trying to grab someone's mirror off their car. No one does that! So why do people lose their minds (no pun intended) when they enter amusement parks?
I am out of ideas for what to write in this signature box.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby HarryBei » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:14 pm

I dont understand people?
why would you go into a restricted area were your not supposed to go.
Obviously you wouldn't go in there anyway seeing as there is a huge rollercoaster there :S

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Johnny Upsidedown » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:15 pm

I am always amazed at how dumb people are in this world..

MORE
Authorities said the incident happened just after 2:00 p.m. Saturday. A church group went to the amusement park and a group of boys with the group jumped a fence and entered an area that was marked off limits.

One of the boys jumped up and tried to grab someone's feet who was on the Batman ride
Johnny Roller Coaster Website with Roller coaster related: events, trip reports and construction photos. http://www.Johnnyupsidedown.com
Manta Construction http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/manta.html

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby QueenCityBoy » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:20 pm

Hate to sound like an a-hole but the boy was an idiot and that what he gets.

I feel sorry for the family though.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby cosmic hearse » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:29 pm

I wonder if his head was kicked off by the feet he was trying to grab? Crazy! It just goes to show that you never come out a'head' when you break the rules. Wacka, Wacka, Wacka! :P

But seriously stupid as the kid may have been I feel bad for him and his family.

Sir Haunts-a-lot

Postby Vffreak07 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:32 pm

17 year old too. . .

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby haux » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:38 pm

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is saying the police won't say whether or not he was decapitated, and the park statement doesn't say that either. But this is all late-breaking news, so we won't get the details for a while.

Oops. That site requires free registration. Anyway, it also says that he hopped over two six-foot fences to get there. Come on, kid! They're there for a reason!
I am out of ideas for what to write in this signature box.

Only 1/2 CP fanboy

Postby CP_RULES » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:41 pm

As amazingly stupid this boy may have been for going into the restricted area, I can't help but think about all of his friends and family. As a 16 year old, if this happened to one of my close friends their stupidity would be the last thing on my mind. My thoughts and prayers go out to the boy's friends and family, this is an absolutely horrible accident.
-Justin Seabaugh -Official Brake Fanboy
M-I-Z-Z-O-U ENGINEERING Go Tigers!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:42 pm

Unlike the SFKK incident last season this one cannot be blamed on the park.

I swear what is wrong with people these days? Most anyone would know that if there's a large fence surrounding the ride with the words danger keep out or authorized personnel only it should be more than enough to make them realize that it's a restricted area & to stay out.

What really gets me however is the assinine reason these kids had for entering such a restricted area in the first place.....to grab a rider's feet as a train passed by.Usually we have people entering such areas in search of lost items dropped from the ride which is bad enough but this is just plain aweful.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!