Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 127: Havana Nights at The Edison details announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Banned

Postby Satoshi » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:25 am

too bad disney tram has driven him over 'n he's got serious
hurt so disney would get sued over us! i know he did the bad
deed of jumpin' but hope he gotta get better.....

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:16 am

Why not block off the trams so you can't fall out!

Because if you idiot proof the world. The world becomes full of idiots.
Ted

Loves Random TR's!

Postby CoasterJunkie » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:38 am

Because if you idiot proof the world. The world becomes full of idiots.

BEST STATEMENT EVER!!

I totally agree...some people feel rules dont apply to them as they are some place like Disney and Disney would never let anything bad happen to them

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:47 am

DATman wrote:
ginzo wrote:
SharkTums wrote:Here's a better solution than putting freakin guard rails on all trams. Let the trams kill stupid people!

There you go, Darwinism at its finest!

Nein. That man has children and grandchildren, which makes him "fit" according to Biology. According to Biology, the fittest are just the members of the population that breed the most. So, if you have 12 kids and get killed by the WDW tram you are more fit than a Nobel Laureate with no kids, because you have contributed more to the gene pool.

Biology can't account for idiots. It's not about how many kids you have with humanity (hell, look at Hitler or other crazy people, he had no children, and he was deemed "fit"). I don't see how this man is fit in any way. I mean, that mindset is saying that life is all about sex. Intelligence is apparently for losers, as the sex fiends must be the most fit of us all... :roll:

Now, seriously, this man was just a complete idiot, and he was in no way mentally "fit", as he can't listen to the most OBVIOUS directions ever....

Looked around the world and only saw that stupid people are breeding....

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby jackskellington101 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:25 pm

As posted on Disney.com, all the Pleasure Island clubs, including Mannequins, Adventurer's Club and the Comedy Warehouse, will be closing for good on September 28th. I will say, the writing was on the wall for some time, so it's good to see the action finally happen. Though I will be sad to see the Adventurer's Club go, I think this is a good move. PI had gotten stale and really the only people who went now a days was cast. It's time to pull the plug.
Last edited by larrygator on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:47 pm.

Banned

Postby RIP Psyclone » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:28 pm

Okay, so the 21-30 crowds just weren't there. What will make better use of the space?

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:32 pm

Awww. I have some great memories of The Adventurer's Club, 8 Trax, and that whole area. Was looking forward to going there again in the next couple years.

I expected them to shut down a couple more clubs and refurbish some areas, but didn't expect this. Where does that leave the Dinosaur whatever attraction that was being built there or nearby?

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby jackskellington101 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:35 pm

RIP Psyclone wrote:Okay, so the 21-30 crowds just weren't there. What will make better use of the space?

Probably it's going to be more shopping and restaurant space. In the PI Closing FAQ, the exact quote mentioned is
Downtown Disney® will feature an entirely re-imagined Pleasure Island. Based on Guest feedback, the nightclubs will be replaced by an extraordinary mix of dining and shopping - to be announced in the future - that will entertain Guests of all ages.

So, it'll be pretty much exactly the same as West Side and Marketplace.

TheRapidsNerd wrote:Where does that leave the Dinosaur whatever attraction that was being built there or nearby?

The closure only applies to the PI nightclubs and bars: 8 Trax, The Adventurer's Club, Mannequins™ Dance Palace, BET Sound-Stage™ Club, Motion and The Comedy Warehouse. Raglan Road and the new T-Rex will still be open. As a matter of fact, more than likely they are the future of PI.

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:49 pm

^ Ahh. Thank you.

Well, since it's a redo, I vote for a McDonald's, Carrabba's, Cinnabon, a place that sells Vault Icee and doesn't get rid of it right when it's getting popular, an arcade filled with classic pinball machines and 80's arcade games, Q-Zar, Virtuality machnes, and a Battle-Tech center.

Well, a fellow can dream can't he? ;)

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby sam06pr » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:59 pm

I had a feeling that was going to happen...I heard from many people that PI clubs just sucked

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!