Photo TR Joyland 6/17/08

Lubbock, TX
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Photo TR Joyland 6/17/08

Postby Sue » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:42 pm

Since we had time to kill before Joyland opened for their 7-10 shift at night, we checked out the Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo, TX. It's basically a bunch of Cadillas buried in a field that people are encouraged to add graffiti to.

For the evening, we visited Joyland in Lubbock, TX. Unlike Wonderland where the 3 hours flew by, we got bored fairly quickly at Joyland. We did get to chat the the owner, David Dean, briefly. He was a nice guy who seemed excited about adding Greezed Lightnin from Astroworld to the park. If and when that happens, it will definitely make the park worth visiting again.

Rich on the funky waterslide-type ride:

Little Coaster runs just like a smaller version of High Speed Thrill Coaster at Knoebels. It was our favorite coaster at the park!

My small thing speaks for itself

Postby AllenA07 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:49 pm

I see a trip report to Joyland and feel bad for the fact that I live 15 minutes away (if I'm in traffic) and work within site of the park, and yet still have not ventured over and seen it in person.
--Allen

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!