Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 273: Jurassic World cast reprises roles for updated ride
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby TheRealTinkerbell » Mon May 19, 2008 8:35 pm

The Duff Garden's Episode is the one that I was talking about called Selma's Choice.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby AlexG8462 » Wed May 21, 2008 2:39 pm

it really looks like fun, can't wait to go on it! it's still a shame they had to take down BTTF :(

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby winningfreak » Wed May 21, 2008 9:59 pm

I have a pass but not really up for the trip to get there its about an hour from my house.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby kayoss » Mon May 26, 2008 1:28 pm

AlexG8462 wrote:it really looks like fun, can't wait to go on it! it's still a shame they had to take down BTTF :(

Why? You can still ride it (and unquestionably the best version) at Universal Studios Japan. As Japan's BTTF attraction is only 6 years old, there's no chance of them ditching it.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Universal Studios Hollywood backlot is on fire!

Postby aslinterpreter » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:12 am

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=4973260

One of Hollywood's largest movie studios starred in a disastrous sequel Sunday as a fire ripped through a lot at Universal Studios, destroying a set from "Back to the Future," a King Kong exhibit and a streetscape seen frequently in movies and TV shows.

It was the second fire at the historic site in nearly two decades, leveling facades, hollowing out buildings and creating the kind of catastrophe filmmakers relish re-creating. This time around, thousands of videos chronicling Universal's movie and TV shows were destroyed in the blaze.

But Universal officials said that they were thankful no vistors were seriously injured — though several firefighters suffered minor injuries — and that the damaged footage can be replaced.

"We have duplicates of everything," said Ron Meyer, NBC Universal president and chief operating officer. "Nothing is lost forever."

And an official release from NBCUniversal Today:

As you may have heard, there was a major fire early Sunday morning at Universal Studios in Los Angeles. Fortunately, no NBC Universal employees were hurt, although some firefighters sustained minor injuries.

While the Universal Studios Hollywood and CityWalk were closed to the public on Sunday to allow firefighters appropriate access, the MTV Movie Awards were held as planned in the Gibson Amphitheater at CityWalk Sunday evening. The theme park and CityWalk will be open for normal operations Monday morning beginning at 10am.

The fire was contained to one section of the backlot. Unfortunately New York Street and the King Kong attraction were lost, but the iconic courthouse on Courthouse Square and half of the buildings facing the square were saved. Also affected was a video vault containing thousands of video and digital copies of films and TV shows. Although many of these items were lost, we believe that most, if not all, are replaceable. It is important to note as well that none of the 30 soundstages on the lot were damaged.

ADMIT EDIT - POSTED EDITED BY ROBB ALVEY TO INCLUDE PRESS RELEASE AND PHOTOS

Here are some photos of the fire:
map.jpg
Map of where the fire was.
kongonfire.jpg
King Kong building on fire.
kong_upperleft.jpg
King Kong building in upper left hand corner. All that's left is an empty shell of a building. :(
setsonfire.jpg
Movie Sets on fire.
smoke.jpg
Smoke over Los Angeles.
wreckage.jpg
Wreckage of the park.
wreckage2.jpg
More wreckage.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby knowit » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:29 am

Foxnews.com was showing live footage. It looks pretty bad

Blank Title

Postby Sean Menefee » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:58 am

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Thom25 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:06 am

They just announced on Fox News that the park WILL BE OPEN TODAY !!!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby CHILLERLC1 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:42 am

My mother was telling me about it this morning. She saw it on the news. I looked it up here on yahoo.

nagro5 tastes like poo-poo.

Postby nagro5 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:47 am

Here's an article with a video too.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24916515
Total Coasters: 200 (167 steel, 33 wood)
Total Parks: 34

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!