Photo TR: Fahrenheit Opening Day

Farhenheit photos page 3. Other HP photos page 8.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Cheesey » Mon May 26, 2008 6:31 pm

^LOL

I really wish I would have been able to make it. Unfortunately, my income had other plans :( I do hope to get up there and ride it at some point in the next year though. Glad you had fun!

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby rgb60 » Mon May 26, 2008 9:20 pm

Very nice TR. It was almost like I was there. Oh wait, I was, at least for the first part of it. (So how was the shopping anyway?-- Thank heavens for PA and its no sales tax on clothing, eh?) It was nice meeting you and your mom on Saturday.

Folks, not only does Nat write well, she's witty in person too. Although I kept ending up on separate trains from the rest of our small group. Those teenage girls absolutely refused to go ahead of me in line on Wildcat. What was up with that?

Even though your dream spoiled our chance for ERT, it was nice meeting everyone and chatting with Jason, Martin, and Gary. Of course, it wasn't till later in the day I thought I could have asked whether HP would ever build, or consider building a hyper. I also chuckled when Jason said he liked my elongated screen name (that I use on another site). To think it may have won me brownie points with the Nantimi org.

So it looks like 4 of the N-11 got to ride Fahrenheit on Saturday, of the 7 who were there. With one person unaccounted for-- I mean I haven't seen a report from.

SWF looking for dorky overweight coaster enthusiast to sweep me off my feet.

Postby natatomic » Mon May 26, 2008 9:42 pm

Here you go, folks. All the photos are either from test runs the day before or the stalled train the day of the opening since I did not bring my camera when I went in to ride later that day. Still, just imagine arms and coloring on those dummies, and it's basically the same thing, right?

To read my full report click HERE
Hershey 083.jpg
For once in my life, I'm jealous of a bunch of dummies.
Hershey 084.jpg
Right before the fun begins
Hershey 137.jpg
I like to think that my heart is shaped something like a Norwegian Loop.
Hershey 151.jpg
This is a fantastic element
Hershey 300.jpg
And if you were to lift up the Norwegian Loop's skirt, this is what you would see.
Hershey 108.jpg
But let's go back to the beginning of the ride for a moment.
Hershey 309.jpg
And those extra 7 degrees really do make quite a difference.
Hershey 327.jpg
Now let's go in for some close ups...
Hershey 283.jpg
Oh, Cobra, you devil.
Hershey 281.jpg
Going by this picture, who'd have ever guessed that it would be the heartbreak of millions?
Hershey 325.jpg
Bottom of the N-loop
Hershey 313.jpg
But this train is on a mission and doesn't hang around long.
Hershey 306.jpg
But even with its compactness, this coaster just GLIDES through the elements.
Hershey 286.jpg
Shall I do a "through the trees" photo? Am I cool enough for that yet? I guess it's just through *A* tree, but still...you get the idea.
Hershey 336.jpg
I like that they threw in fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo hill just for good measure.
Hershey 453.jpg
Look at me - all hopeful and dewy-eyed over the prospect of the next day. Little did I know of the metaphorical brick that was going to crash through the window of my dreams.
hershey5.jpg
And there it is. I had half a mind to jump the fence, shimmy up the track, and hop in the train anyway, but unfortunately for me, the other half of my brain is actually pretty rational and rule-abiding. Stupid maturity.
hershey11.jpg
I think it did this just to spite me. Doesn't it look like it's mocking me in this picture? Think about it, if the elements of this coaster were somehow represented by the fingers on a hand, the train would probably be resting right on the middle finger.
hp1.jpg
Poor trains waiting so patiently for their brother to return so that they can run around as well.
hp2.jpg
Still, despite the set back, I was still able to ride later in the day - and was it ever AWESOME - so no complaints, really. I'll have a photo TR of the rest of the park later this week.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby BRTeller » Mon May 26, 2008 9:55 pm

Great photos and thanks for sharing. I like seeing everyone's pictures. As Fahrenheit is seriously awesome. I really liked the lift, I can't decide if the lift or the Norwegian Loop was better.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Immelman » Mon May 26, 2008 11:29 pm

Roller coaster dreams are pretty weird...I have at least a few each week. I'm going to Hershey next week, hopefully they work the kinks out by then. If Fahrenheit is like maverick but smoother, that gets me excited because I like Maverick a lot.

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Tue May 27, 2008 7:44 am

This is how a trip report should be. Our younger posters should take note. Well formulated, enjoyable to read, and quality pictures!

Nice job!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Tue May 27, 2008 7:48 am

Great Photo TR as always. I'm glad to hear you were able to ride later in the day.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby lil jimmy norton » Tue May 27, 2008 8:01 am

I love your captions. Glad you got to finally ride it.

SWF looking for dorky overweight coaster enthusiast to sweep me off my feet.

Postby natatomic » Tue May 27, 2008 8:23 am

rgb60 wrote:Very nice TR. It was almost like I was there. Oh wait, I was, at least for the first part of it. (So how was the shopping anyway?-- Thank heavens for PA and its no sales tax on clothing, eh?) It was nice meeting you and your mom on Saturday.

Folks, not only does Nat write well, she's witty in person too. Although I kept ending up on separate trains from the rest of our small group. Those teenage girls absolutely refused to go ahead of me in line on Wildcat. What was up with that?

Even though your dream spoiled our chance for ERT, it was nice meeting everyone and chatting with Jason, Martin, and Gary. Of course, it wasn't till later in the day I thought I could have asked whether HP would ever build, or consider building a hyper.

Thank you! It was great to finally meet you and everyone too. ::) But dang, why didn't I think to ask about the hyper either? If HP built one of those, I'd move there in a heartbeat and never look back.

As for the shopping, it was fine and all, but it was largely a case of "look but do not touch" for me, since my funds are low and I'm trying to save money right now. But that no sales tax thing? Oh, so jealous.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby rgb60 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:44 am

^ Hah! I'm the jealous one here seeing your great pics and the ones Nate and Bill posted. Mine are still in the camera-- along with a bunch from hockey games and Christmas. (you think that's bad? I still have an inoperable 35mm with a half used film in it from 19-something or other) I hope they look good on something other than the viewfinder. I suppose I could say, "excuse the blurriness but I was going through withdrawal that day." ::roll::

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive