Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 833: Iron Gwazi video & info!
Users viewing this topic: simaticable and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Eli Manning!

Postby coastercrazed49 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:56 pm

Electerik wrote:So it's Camp Jurassic with a Frog Hopper? :P

Electerik
Scion of Simplification

Thats exactly what I was thinking. :Pr

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Hi

Postby JuanSe_Colombia » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:54 pm

I think its a cool addition to Busch Gardens, it seems like a nice theme area. And that waterffal drop looks interesting,plus animals are greats !! :lmao:

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby zeke11793 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:21 pm

This looks like a cool addition to the park, and it adds another place for younger guests to play and what not. It looks like it's gonna be very well themed, like the rest of the park. The construction is going real well (BGT is my home park). Can't wait for it to open. :b

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Quick Queue now available at Busch Gardens Africa

Postby BarryH » Mon May 26, 2008 9:00 am

I was at BGA yesterday and they were selling Quick Queue passes, BGA's version of Fastpass and Universal Express. It costs $24.95 and $19.95 for passholders. It gives you express access to Sheikra, Kumba, Montu, Gwazi Lion, Gwazi Tiger, Rhino Rally, and Congo River Rapids.

In most rides, you have a special Quick Queue entrance (much like Fastpass). At Montu, it looks like they blocked off row 2 for Quick Queue. The ride ops will still fill empty seats in row 2 from the regular line. Rhino Rally, Congo River Rapids, and Sheikra had a special line for Quick Queue. I didn't see any rows blocked off on Kumba and I'm not sure how they load Quick Queue for it. I didn't ride Gwazi to check out the Quick Queue access. I haven't seen Quick Queue make the regular wait longer, as not too many people were using it. Besides, Kumba, Montu, and Rhino Rally had less than 5 minute waits when I rode. Sheikra had a 20 minute wait. You might have used Quick Queue for that, but the wait wasn't too bad.

From what I've heard, it is currently in test mode. With the busy season coming up, it might be a worthy investment to buy the Quick Queue passes. Still, $25 to me is lunch and souvenirs. I think $25 is better invested in food and drinks. However, since the busy period is around the corner, I can see the park getting a lot of sales with Quick Queue.

Quick Queue is available for purchase at any Admissions window or the Desert Grill information booth.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon May 26, 2008 9:22 am

:b :br :b

This makes me VERY happy!!!

I hope to see it at more AB Parks soon!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby ETapley0687 » Mon May 26, 2008 10:25 am

I've heard that BGA's lines aren't too bad... unless they were talkin about in the off season.

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Mon May 26, 2008 10:29 am

I work there, and the only times I have seen horrendous lines is during Hallowscream. Usually if you plan your day right, you can get on everything. Of course, Rhino Rally's line is always bad no matter how small the crowd.

Just my two cents!

Hard Rock hyyyper

Postby hyyyper » Mon May 26, 2008 10:34 am

How many times can you use the pass? Is it like universal that you can do it once at every ride or just unlimited use?

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Mon May 26, 2008 12:12 pm

I saw this when I was there Friday, I forgot to take pics though. :x

I love Busch is finally doing the Fastpass bandwagon and this should come in handy during weekends and the holidays.

Kumba's quick queue line has a merge point with an attendant standing by. I assume they would block off a part of the queue and let QQ customers go through, much like Six Flags and Flash Pass.

Montu's quick queue is through the exit by the old photo booth. Row 2 is blocked off exclusively for QQ customers.

As with Barry, I didn't ride Gwazi either, so I'm not sure how the system works there.

Again, I appreciate Busch FINALLY has a fastpass system and if I visit during the Christmas holidays (when the park is really crowded), I'd definitely plop down the extra 20 bucks.
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Postby BarryH » Mon May 26, 2008 1:24 pm

^^Actually, I rode Rhino Rally about 15 minutes before closing and the line was about 5 minutes. The last 3 times I've been on it, though, the water portion was broken. I've been on the water part several times in the past, but I feel like I'm cursed to never experience the water part again. :(

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!