Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 771 - Firebird Roller Coaster Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Postby Jekoon » Thu May 22, 2008 7:06 pm

Six Flags America doesn't need anything bigger than a water slide. They have a lot of other problems to take care of first. But adding the water slide is not going to help a lot with the water park problem. They really need to charge extra for the water park.

"Been Around The World And Realized Only Stupid People Are Breeding"

Postby packfanlv » Thu May 22, 2008 7:53 pm

I forgot about Wild One. It is a great coaster. As for Joker's Jinx, I just don't get the spaghetti bowl coasters. I don't like Poltergeist at SFFT either. They just aren't fast enough and seem to barely get through some of the turns. It is certainly not a good coaster IMO. But Chuck you are right, Wild One is great!
I write about how to travel the world for pennies on the dollar at Miles To Memories!

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby TopThrill182 » Thu May 22, 2008 8:08 pm

Not really sure how this fits into "Hurricane Harbor"... and I agree with what someone said about how they seem to be just slapping big names on rides regardless of how it fits in.

Still it looks to be a nice addition that will make their water park experience more enjoyable.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby SFAfan#1 » Sat May 24, 2008 5:46 am

Jekoon wrote:Six Flags America doesn't need anything bigger than a water slide. They have a lot of other problems to take care of first. But adding the water slide is not going to help a lot with the water park problem. They really need to charge extra for the water park.

I agree. They should fix fix the wave pool. It's very crumbly. That's all I can think of thats wrong with Hurricane Harbor. As for the rest of the park, they should add theming to everything in Gotham. And after you get Gotham out of the way, go ahead and add some new attractions to keep people coming back.

Also Tony Hawk's Halfpipe was seen testing on May-22! The new slide opens TODAY!
thhpsfagh0.th.jpg

"Been Around The World And Realized Only Stupid People Are Breeding"

Postby packfanlv » Sat May 24, 2008 6:17 am

^I think you may want to scale down the size of that picture a little.

:lmao:
I write about how to travel the world for pennies on the dollar at Miles To Memories!

Postby SFAfan#1 » Sat May 24, 2008 6:38 am

lol now I made the pic too small. :lmao:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Sat May 24, 2008 7:03 am

SFAfan#1 wrote:
Jekoon wrote:Six Flags America doesn't need anything bigger than a water slide. They have a lot of other problems to take care of first. But adding the water slide is not going to help a lot with the water park problem. They really need to charge extra for the water park.

I agree. They should fix fix the wave pool. It's very crumbly. That's all I can think of thats wrong with Hurricane Harbor. As for the rest of the park, they should add theming to everything in Gotham. And after you get Gotham out of the way, go ahead and add some new attractions to keep people coming back.

Also Tony Hawk's Halfpipe was seen testing on May-22! The new slide opens TODAY!

I've been hearing this "we need to fix what we have" line for a few years now from several employees but does SFI ever do anything to remedy the situation? no.

They let the park sit year after year with no new improvements & if there are any new improvements/attractions they always end up being waterpark slides simply because they're cheaper to buy & put in than even a new flat let alone a small coaster.

I really have a feeling that SFI is considering letting the park suffer the same fate as GL in the coming years,that IMO would explain the lack of new a dditions to the ride side of the park over the past five years & with KD opening Dominator this year SFA can't afford to sit idle in 09,or add another mundane waterslide if they hope to remain competitive in the mid-atlantic region.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby CoasterLover » Sat May 24, 2008 1:50 pm

Weather you're interested or not, SFAFans has posted an update from opening day of Tony Hawk's Halfpipe. The complete update can be found at the link below, but I'll post a few pics here for your enjoyment. It was a surprisingly fun ride!

http://www.sfafans.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=641

A glimpse of the sign and some of the slide (Photo Credit: 2008 SFAFans.com)

The main tower themeing (Photo Credit: 2008 SFAFans.com)

An overview of the ride (Photo Credit: 2008 SFAFans.com)

We've also been told a spinning "Tony Hawk" Cutout will be placed near the ride similar to the spinning cutouts seen on the coasters. Additionally, SFA was sporting the new electronic ad boards that had been mentioned in the previous conference calls. The middle section rotates (much like the sideline adverts in basketball arenas) and there is a scrolling marquee along the top of the sign. The park has added about eight of these all around the park and they actually fit in well...

(Photo Credit: 2008 SFAFans.com)

Postby SFAfan#1 » Sat May 24, 2008 6:44 pm

Nice pics Coasterlover! Wish I were there to take some more pics :cry:

Link to video up on pg 3! Along with pics of opening day!

Postby SFAfan#1 » Mon May 26, 2008 11:42 am

Six Flags America was on the local DMV (DC,MD,VA) news FOX 5 this morning! They showed THH and even rode it! Here is the link below :br

www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/InsideFox/Detail?contentId=6624514&version=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=5.7.1

Comment about what you think of this new slide!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!