Waldameer Discussion Thread

P. 91 - A Zamperla Looping Discovery announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Rollertoaster » Tue May 20, 2008 3:54 pm

I'll try to post my pictures from Sunday. As you can probably tell, the park was pretty much empty with no waits for virtually any ride (including the new one)! This was likely due to the cold, wind, and scattered rain throughout the day. We happened to get over to the park when it was relatively sunny and not so cold, luckily. We only rode it the one time, but are planning to go back in a couple of weeks, so I may have a more extensive TR then. now for some pics:
IMG_2767r.jpg
The logo
IMG_2737r.jpg
The entrance to Ravine Flyer II. If you want to ride, buy your ticket from the nice ladies at the table (you can't get them at the ticket booth yet)
IMG_2736r.jpg
The new coaster is directly behind the Sky Ride
DSCF3179r.jpg
From the Tom Ridge Environmental Center's tower, you can see most of the layout
DSCF3168r.jpg
The turnaround
DSCF3169r.jpg
Flying back

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue May 20, 2008 3:58 pm

^^I talked to Robb for all of about 4 minutes today, but I didn't hear the bird story!!! Please elaborate!!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Tue May 20, 2008 4:07 pm

CoasterLine wrote:Only one criticism that would make this day even better... if they would send out trains more than every five minutes. Literally from stop in the station, to go, was five minutes in-between runs, and the blue train was parked in transfer.

That really disappointed me as well. I stopped in on Saturday on my way to Cedar Point. Probably no more then 100-200 people in line, and it was a 45+ minute wait.

Hopefully it's just a matter of getting the hang of operating it.

I thought the ride was pretty good, just not nearly as intense as Hades or Voyage, but that was too be expected. Plus I only got to ride once in the middle of the train. Didn't have time to wait through the line again.

Postby Rollertoaster » Tue May 20, 2008 4:25 pm

Some more:
DSCF3209r.jpg
I know I have it earlier, but I just love this shot (plus I needed to load it proper-like)
IMG_2741r.jpg
A trainful of happy riders returns...
IMG_2742r.jpg
...including this very happy fella
DSCF3185r.jpg
Turnin' around...
DSCF3187r.jpg
...and goin' down
IMG_2743r.jpg
Bob FM was there! "Bob Shack" hehe.
IMG_2745r.jpg
IMG_2744r.jpg
If Ravine Flyer II is too much for you, or you are just a credit whore, you can ride Ravine Flyer III (only if you are a child or have a child with you)
DSCF3183r.jpg
Going up...
DSCF3184r.jpg
...and down

Postby Rollertoaster » Tue May 20, 2008 4:53 pm

And more...
IMG_2769r.jpg
Inside the station
IMG_2770r.jpg
Inside the station
DSCF3204r.jpg
the turnaround
IMG_2732r.jpg
"Anyone Isturbing the Family Nviro Men Wi L Be Removed Rom the Ark Ithout Refund"
IMG_2739r.jpg
90 DEGREES!!!!11!!!!!11
DSCF3169r.jpg
IMG_2735r.jpg
And finally, I leave you with this disturbing image of me and a clown, "He's just my type!"

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby Dailey Enterprizes » Tue May 20, 2008 6:00 pm

SharkTums wrote:^^I talked to Robb for all of about 4 minutes today, but I didn't hear the bird story!!! Please elaborate!!!

Well this story evolved over several runs where everybody kept talking about a bird flying out of the last tunnel every time the train entered it (the bird must of had a nest in there). I only saw the bird once while I was riding towards the back and as the first half of the train entered I saw the silhouette of the bird racing the train out of the tunnel. Robb then said at lunch that he could see the bird almost flying right beside his head as the train went through the tunnel.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby EastCoastn07 » Tue May 20, 2008 6:45 pm

SharkTums wrote:^^I talked to Robb for all of about 4 minutes today, but I didn't hear the bird story!!! Please elaborate!!!

Pretty much, there was a bird hanging out in the second tunnel after the bridge and literally on about 15 or so runs, the bird would get scared from the noise and fly away. But instead of it flying away from the train, it was literally playing target practice with our heads. There were a lot of close calls and I thought somebody was bound to hit it but luckily no one did. :lmao:

I actually just got home and was just coming on to thank Robb for the great experience. Ravine Flyer 2 was an AMAZING coaster and I'd definitely urge everyone to take a trip up to Waldameer this summer to experience it (just watch out for that damned bird!). Thanks again to Robb and TPR in general for making this happen, it was a great day and I'm really glad I was able to experience it.

I'll try to get some pictures I took up later on, but right now I'm going to bed because I'm exhausted!
Ravine Flyer II Count: 52

Elissa's REAL Boyfriend

Postby exit english » Tue May 20, 2008 10:41 pm

What a kick ass day. I had a ton of fun, and "Steve" the bird was the funniest part of the whole thing. :)

-Josh

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue May 20, 2008 10:49 pm

Hey everyone!

I just got back to the hotel...it's LATE...so I'll just post a few pics. I want to say thank you to everyone who made it out to the filming session today and a very BIG thank you to everyone who lasted the whole RF2 run!

At 52 laps it was quite the marathon, but I think we got a LOT of great footage out of it.

I'll be posting some of the B-Roll shots soon and a full update, but here's a few pics to hold you over....
ravine01.jpg
Ahh, what a beautiful view!
ravine06.jpg
Oh no! Here comes TPR up the lift hill!
ravine00.jpg
Did we mention that there is plenty of airtime?
ravine04.jpg
NINETY DEGREES!!!!!
ravine09.jpg
Guys stop screwing around and get back to work!!!
ravine08.jpg
Happy...happy...joy...joy
ravine07.jpg
Artsy overhead shot.
ravine12.jpg
NINETY DEGREES!!!
ravine10.jpg
"THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!"
ravine11.jpg
Did we mention the part about airtime?
ravine16.jpg
"C'mon Mr. Red Train...come get me...I DARE 'Ya!"
ravine13.jpg
"I'm gonna catch that bird in my mouth!"
ravine15.jpg
Have a close look at the hairtime in the second row!
ravine17.jpg
Very pretty.
ravine20.jpg
Not so pretty.
ravine18.jpg
"Did we just go over the highway?"
ravine19.jpg
Heading back over the road again.
ravine14.jpg
Ravine Flyer 2 is a hit!!!
ravine21.jpg
ROBB! Do NOT eat the anti-rollbacks! They are NOT food! They are Metal! Only Metal Depot can eat them!!!
ravine22.jpg
NINETY DEGREES!!!!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue May 20, 2008 11:21 pm

^ It's easily my favorite of all the Gravity Group rides.

--Robb

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!