Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 935: Copperhead Strike construction photos posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
token black guy

Re: ...

Postby jarmor » Wed May 14, 2008 11:47 pm

snoodog wrote:Carowinds need love. When Paramount's owned it, it stunk. Now Cedar Fair owns it, it still stinks. They must get a new wooden roller coaster and tear down Hurler because it is horrible. The turns are okay but everything else stinks. After Burn, Nighthawk, Vortex and Taxi Jam needs paint jobs. Get some new flat rides like the bigger parks have like CW Slege Hammer or Psyclone or that stand up enterprise thingy. Maybe get a CP Sky Hawk or MaXair.

Also get a LIM/LSM launch coaster or somethnig big and fast. Also get a B&M hyper. Get a new water ride or re-do the Log Flume.

With the interview with CF CEO, they are not spending much money on things this year. For God's sake, they should of gotten a coaster from Geagua Lake like Villian, Head Spin, or Raging Wolf Bob's.

(The only thing CF spends money on is trash cans) (j/k).

Please do not be critical of me for being so mean to them but they need strong improvements. I like Carowinds but please help them CF.

sushirocks13 wrote:

Also, the parking lot beside thunder road would be the perfect spot for a big coaster.....
maybe a B&M floorless(which would be my choice) or a launched coaster or something BIG!!

...Amen!

Would you like fries with that...

:lolr:
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby coastergirl26 » Thu May 15, 2008 6:07 am

I agree Nighthawk needs a paint job, I also think Carolina Cyclone needs a paint job. Hurler is not all that ruogh. Its alot smoother than the KD version. I happen to like Carowinds, yeah their rides are only mediocre but its a fun place and very enjoyable.

Macaroni and Donkey

Location: 4 hours or less from Tweetsie, Ghost Town, SFOG, Dollywood, Family Kingdom, HRP, or Carowinds

Postby snoodog » Thu May 15, 2008 1:43 pm

Maybe I was to mean or whatever but listen to this. This is from www.screamscape.com

2009 - New Attraction - Rumor - (5/15/08) I know this is a long shot right now, but if anyone happens to drive in or around Carowinds in the next few days, keep and eye out for some possible coaster parts. According to one local area reader, they were driving down I-77 not too far from Carowinds and ended up being passed by a couple of trucks that appeared to be hauling what “looked to be Large Silver Roller Coaster supports”.
Now of course, without photos we don’t even know if they really were coaster supports on the trucks, but on the chance that they were ride parts, heading south on I-77, Carowinds is really about the only destination they could be going. It’s also worth mentioning that I-77 starts just south of Cleveland, the former home of the now closed Geauga Lake. Last year Carowinds was mentioned to me as one of two possible homes for Geauga Lake’s Head-Spin coaster, a Vekoma Boomerang which has white supports as you can see the RCDB photo. Very interesting coincidence… anyone know more?

I said they should get something like Head Spin maybe.

What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Thu May 15, 2008 1:54 pm

^I don't think we were calling you mean, just unrealistic.

I don't get why on earth getting a used boomerang would be a good thing for this park, it's pretty much the type of thing that is keeping this park in a state of being horribly average.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby fallen xxi » Thu May 15, 2008 2:48 pm

Carowinds is my home park and I love it to death (really like everyone else in the Charlotte area). I wouldn't mind a boomerang at Carowinds because head-banging dosent annoy me all that much to be honest. I think that it won't annoy the GP, and these things are VERY easy to advertise, so more the GP likes it, the more people will come, the more $$ Dicky makes and MAYBE they'll believe in us and give us a REAL coaster.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby JamminJ » Thu May 15, 2008 2:51 pm

Don't encourage them. ::(

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby QueenCityBoy » Thu May 15, 2008 3:22 pm

I think we are getting Head Spin. White Coaster supports were spotted on I-77 heading to Carowinds. Head Spin's supports were silver but look white in the pics on rcdb so that could have been a simple mistake.

I have alot of friends who work at the park so they should let me know by friday if there are parts at the park. Or someone could just drive by sooner and see.

I think coaster parts are already there.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby The Patchman » Thu May 15, 2008 4:25 pm

I am happy that we are getting something. Head Spin...eh, at least it's a decent edition. I want a gci woodie instead though but oh well I will take what I can get.

I just want the park to get something new and not used.

I am actualy excited we are getting a boomerang..maybe..

This year, wave pool 2.0.!

Macaroni and Donkey

Location: 4 hours or less from Tweetsie, Ghost Town, SFOG, Dollywood, Family Kingdom, HRP, or Carowinds

Postby snoodog » Thu May 15, 2008 4:40 pm

Head Spin is alright for me but headbanging and vekoma ehhh... It is okay. What The Patchman said, a GCI woodie would be great.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby RollerNut » Fri May 16, 2008 8:03 pm

Head Spin is still standing in Ohio so it is not Head Spin. Alot of things look like supports for a roller coaster, and unless we are getting a 500 foot coaster, supports wouldn't be coming this early. There isn't even footers in the ground yet. Footers generally come before supports.
www.carowindszon.....oh wait, it is no more.
Carowinds Zone - RIP - 4/2/03-2/23/09

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!