SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Meep Meep!

Postby Lenaapple1974 » Tue May 06, 2008 10:49 am

LOL...i know. i do think superman is very slow...and short. they made tatsu bigger and better by far. that pretzle loop is my favorite element in superman. they used to have the camera at the bottom of it. lol. fun faces there! you are making me want to go back to cali early! :) hopefully manta will be big!!! then i can get my fix earlier...BUT...being a more family oriented place...probably not... but its still fun! cant wait to see how they accomplish the water spurts!

Cockroach and rat free since 2002!

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Tue May 06, 2008 1:48 pm

I still want to go to SFGAD. I was supposed to go this summer, but my friend owed in taxes instead of a getting a refund, so we had to settle for something a bit cheaper. I really wanted to ride El Toro, but maybe next year. I also wanted to try another flyer. Even though Tatsu is longer than the Superman clones, it's faster too, so it looks as if the cycle time is about the same.
"...and SuperKing, the best one of the three!"

Meep Meep!

Postby Lenaapple1974 » Tue May 06, 2008 2:10 pm

its worth a trip i think... especially for el toro! that coaster is my fave!

i feel bad talking about sfga on this thread...im still hoping to hear new news about manta! :b

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Tue May 06, 2008 2:17 pm

Meep Meep!

Postby Lenaapple1974 » Thu May 08, 2008 5:42 pm

im not understanding why the above comment was posted. please school me on the reasoning behind the "last warning" comment - as i read the entire topic between monday and tuesday, and didnt see anything stating a first warning... im sorry if i dont understand why. i did re read the link (rules) again too, just to be sure, and i still didnt do anything wrong... we went off topic for a second..and not even really - b/c we were comparing the other flying costers.

....and im still fixated on any information anyone has about Manta.

ADMIN EDIT: You've been warned before about lack of capitalization, over capitalization, and text grammar. Twice today both through posts and PMs.

but totally back to topic --> i found this on youtube...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=leug1VMAtLU

The ride seems slow...just like Superman. :( Doesnt show a water splash effect once it hits the water either. And it seems the pretzle loop will be in it...which is good - im excited about that. Cant wait to see actual on ride footage! Does anyone know how acurate these computer generated rides are for speed purposes?

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby CD » Thu May 08, 2008 6:11 pm

^ I think that that ride looks fun. Although I can almost guarantee you that this is not what the layout will look like. This looks like someone saw the concept art, got excited about it and decided to make a No Limits version of the ride and post it on youtube. There is no source on the layout and I doubt that Sea World would use No Limits for their promo video, unless they wanna take the Hershey route. ;)
- Come visit me at Test Track, Mission Space, and Spaceship Earth in EPCOT over at WDW, I would love to meet some more TPR members!

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Thu May 08, 2008 7:52 pm

^ Yeah, is there any proof that is the actual ride? If it is, then I think it'll be a great addition to the park. I like how it has more parts on your back than your standard "S:UF" clone.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Johnny Upsidedown » Tue May 13, 2008 11:49 am

Major work has begun at Sea World Florida for Manta. Lots of dirt work being done, footers getting dug and the beginnings of pond work has begun.
Lots of photos from todays 5-13-08 update can be seen here
http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/manta.html
Couple of photos below of the construction.
m1.jpg
m2.jpg
m3.jpg

I play Metroid every day!

Postby Kennyweird » Tue May 13, 2008 12:23 pm

^That's really not major, but nonetheless it's nice to see that they've finally started some actual construction.
This is my signature. Deal with it.
Kennywood Rides Team Member- Racer/Skycoaster
Coaster count: 67

Ask me about being a pathological liar!!

Postby kraken613 » Tue May 13, 2008 12:23 pm

I cant wait for the layout! Im sure they will do an amazing job with it! Their B&M's are always great!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!