TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

Hm. We got the Galaxi credit when we were there, but purposely skipped the Dive credit, since it was having mechanical issues and then... well, the line was kind of long for what looked to be very minimal reward.

Oh well!

I would like to know what's going on with Riverview park. I contacted them last year after seeing rides for sale like the Moby Dick, the ferris wheel with others, and was wondering what was going on. They didn't reply back.

Probably sold their computers and phones, too.

I had noticed it disappeared off their ride list in some paperwork we got at work a month ago, and thought nothing of it. I just went back to look and see if I remembered that correctly, and sure enough, it was gone.

I'm not too familiar with the park, but how many go-kart tracks are there?

EDIT. Nevermind, I thought I had a hunch, but realized I was wrong.

Paul - I think it was closer to 30 people per hour when I rode.

Now the big question, what is going to be my new lowest rated steel "coaster" in Mitch's poll. Will Goudurix undertake X:/No Way Out as my least favorite?

Paul - I think it was closer to 30 people per hour when I rode.

Now the big question, what is going to be my new lowest rated steel "coaster" in Mitch's poll. Will Goudurix undertake X:/No Way Out as my least favorite?

My neck is already hurting at the thought of riding that POS in June.

Maybe Mt. Olympus just got tired of me continually bashing that ride for being the most horrible pointless thing ever created!!!

For the record, I did NOT count Dive to Atlantis as a credit!!!

Yes, and quite easily I might add!!

(Already got it. Don't have to do it again! YeeHaw!!)

JJ

I never got the Riverview credits as I either never had time or they were closed when I visited.

As for Dive to Atlantis, I got the credit, and I will not miss the ride. Sure it was a way to cool off, but it was such a pointless ride. When the park bought the adjacent properties, the ride had no purpose as people could just go to the water park to cool off.(and have more fun doing so)

Slightly off topic, but I've been slightly concerned about Timber Falls. On my last visit, they(I assume an owner/manager) said that Mt. Olympus has hurt them a lot since 2005. Hopefully the park survives as it is an awesome tiny park.

Gee, Dells is turning into a coaster slaughterhouse.

It wouldn't surprise if Riverview closed, they wouldn't offer much competition to Mt Olympus and some of the other attractions in the area.

It might be possible that Dive To Atlantis may be sold to a crap park near you. Wow Little Titans will be the only steel at Mt Olympus now, not that anyone on this site over 12 will be allowed to ride it.

Anyway, what made the ride so horrible?

Because it didn't do anything of substance. You float through the slowest, most pointless flume section, then do one dip, big drop, splash, done.

Now add in the fact that the lazy ride ops made the line brutal if there was more then 5 people waiting. 20 to 30 people in line honestly would probably be an hour+ wait.

• 1 month later...

That picture tells the whole story. The damn thing was struck down by some random natural disaster and sank. They had to fill in the surrounding area just to hide the evidence that there was ever a crappy ride there.

Only the missed the sign. Typical Wisconsin...

I got a hard earned credit on this ride last summer...

The ride broke down numerous times while waiting in line... A few boats got stuck before the drop and maintenance had to climb the lift and push it over the small dip before the drop. After that they parked a maintenance person at the base of the lift, and had him drain each boat once it pulled up onto the lift, slowing the whole process down even more.

Once we finally got on the ride we got to the base of the lift, and stalled. Our boat failed to engage with the lift. One ride host came over and started shoving our boat, but to no avail. Then the ride operator, left her post and the E-stop unmanned, and came over to our boat... there she jumped up and down on top of the boat while the LIFT WAS STILL RUNNING!!... If she would have fallen onto the lift, there would have been no one to stop the ride...

Eventually more maintenance came and shoved us up onto the lift, drained our boat, and sent us on our way. And the ride was just as terrible as we thought it would be. We waited well over an hour for a line that couldnt have been more than 20 people, and then were on the ride for 15 minutes or so...

I put a few pictures below that my good friend Kara was able to take since she didn't ride (she already had the credit )

mtolympussplash.jpg.022d0cb6b96482416e21919b87c8fe39.jpg

Here is the point where we realized we are just a bunch of credit whores...

mtolympusride.jpg.0a4d2c3c744890d10c1b15b79ce4e282.jpg

Finally... a ride!

mtolympusjump.jpg.fea1e0e03d63ddfa423992d4270d727b.jpg

That's not working? Ok, then just jump on the boat! Pay no attention to the moving chain lift!

mtolympuspush.jpg.0bb4dc71e7f78e532805fe0645ab9e2e.jpg

Oh No! We were stuck... quick ride hosts, leave your posts and push our boat with your legs!

mtolympussail.jpg.994590273eb720e186e4c317343faaa7.jpg

Finally we set sail! We were ready for our journey!

mtolympusclimb.jpg.83155ccd4f29937924b970cc88c9afd0.jpg

First, Maintenance had to climb the track... with no harness... just to push an empty boat along the course...

That picture tells the whole story. The damn thing was struck down by some random natural disaster and sank. They had to fill in the surrounding area just to hide the evidence that there was ever a crappy ride there.

Only the missed the sign. Typical Wisconsin...

Typical Wisconsin is right! Typical Dells is another way of putting it....both times I visited there it has seemed like "bizarro world" or "the land that time forgot"

Awesome pics. In all honesty, the ride always struck me as something someone built in RCT when you didn't have much money but had to generate revenue to build a "good" ride. And all reports indicate the water portion of the ride went about as fast as it does in RCT...

Ride Op: "Dive to Atlantis broke down again..."

Ride Mechanic: "Ok, we'll be there in a few hours. Those boats aren't going anywhere in THAT water."

Ride Op to another Ride Op: "Wanna go get some beers then? I'm buying."

Uproarious laughter ensues.

Yes, my jokes are ALWAYS this lame folks. Get used to it.

Awesome pics. In all honesty, the ride always struck me as something someone built in RCT when you didn't have much money but had to generate revenue to build a "good" ride. And all reports indicate the water portion of the ride went about as fast as it does in RCT...

Ride Op: "Dive to Atlantis broke down again..."

Ride Mechanic: "Ok, we'll be there in a few hours. Those boats aren't going anywhere in THAT water."

Ride Op to another Ride Op: "Wanna go get some beers then? I'm buying."

Uproarious laughter ensues.

Yes, my jokes are ALWAYS this lame folks. Get used to it.

Yeah, I rode it in '02 (I think) and it was possibly the most pointless ride ever...yet we got really, really wet....

Yeah, I rode it in '02 (I think) and it was possibly the most pointless ride ever...yet we got really, really wet....

It must've been after because I didn't see it there in '03. I would've probably avoided it then had it been there anyways. Back then I was still being blown away by the intense and insane airtime on Cyclops, still my number one wooden coaster.

I can't wait to move to Indianapolis (knock on wood) soon so I can be closer to all my favorite parks.