Photo TR: Hector's 2008 adventures!

USH HHN Page 12!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Bucket » Sat May 03, 2008 2:19 am

Beautiful pictures! Epcot looks amazing, especially the Morrocco section!

I thought it was really funny how in the Germany shop, the beer mugs had eagles nested on top of the caps (this was obviously done to cater to the Americans as you would never see something like this in Germany!) Just curious, how much did they cost?

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby twistedmickey » Sat May 03, 2008 8:08 am

Great pics! I use to hate going to Epcot when I was younger. Now its a must. My fav. is Japan. I can be there for hours. I have this "thing" for Japanese woman. Dont ask. :oops:
ABBA is the answer to world peace!

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu May 08, 2008 11:13 am

Hector, awesome shots of EPCOT! I especially love the one of San Angel Inn in Mexico, and the Hall of Prayer for Good Harvest in China. Excellent job on those.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby ghost007jas » Thu May 08, 2008 11:48 am

Those nighttime/dusk Spaceship Earth shots were to die for!

I can't view enough EPCOT pictures.

Vote in the Coasterdom Coaster Championship every M/W/F!

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Thu May 08, 2008 7:06 pm

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

Next up was Disney's Hollywood Studios (I've never been to Disney-MGM Studios so :Pr) Which I liked, but thought it was extremely lacking in rides! We started the day walking in on a High School Musical performance and heading on over to Tower to get it out of the way. I loved the queue, and the overall presence it had on that area of the park. I know many people will not agree, but I hated the 5th dimension, it was way to cheesey to fit the rest of the ride and it really took me out of the ride. The random drops were awesome, as were all the little things shown each time, but none of them felt nearly as powerful as DCA's. Overall I don't prefer either version to each other (so no "good/bad Tower" from me) and would gladly ride both of them if given the opportunity. then it was over to Rock 'N' Roller coaster, which I thought was fun, but I definitely liked Flight of Fear at PKI more. Although I was extremely happy to get "Love in an elevator" while we were riding, and I got to see the Shocker officially from Disney lol.

Next up we headed over to the Great Movie Ride, which I liked a lot more then I was expecting. We headed over to Star Tours, loved the outdoor queue, and I forced the group to go see Muppet's 3-D (which I'm extremely thankful for the updated (and really good) animatronics we have at DCA. Then we went and saw Lights, Motors, Action where they F'ed up quite a bit during the ballet (including have to switch out main cars) and a not-so-quick trip on the backlot tour. Having been spoiled by the original backlot tour at Universal Hollywood, this seemed very lackluster and staged (which I know it is) in comparison, but it was fun seeing some of the displays they have including the villans exhibit at the end.

After playing for a bit in the Honey, I shrunk the Audience playset area we took a stroll through Walt Disney: One Man's Dream to kill some time until our dinner reservation at Brown Derby, of course walking over high School musical was yet again playing. Anyway, it rained heavily during our meal (I had the Thai Noodle Bowl with cocnut breaded tofu which was pretty damn amazing) so that cleared a lot of the park out. After dinner we headed over to watch the Indiana Jones stunt show and I got choosen to be one of the the extras. However it started raining agian so they didn't do the third act finale. It was getting late-ish so we ended up re-riding Tower and RnR and watching Fantasmic! which was ok, I liked actually having seats for the show, but I'll take Disneyland's anyday.

Overall I fetl Disney's Hollywood Studios was too much of a "show" park. There was plenty of stuff to do (for me since I do like shows) but not enough rides. Toy Story mania will definitely help out, and I thnk another 3 or 4 rides will round out the park a lot. Definitely my third favorite park on property.

I wanted to head over to Downtown Disney to check it out so I invited one of my Orlando friends to come over and hang out for a bit. I liked the area, I just wish it wasn't raining the whole time. Finally got to eat at Earl of Sandwhich and we just walked around and I had a bucket of booze. I didn't do my reasearch and I had no idea that there were three different sections to the place lined up like that. it was kinda cool bieng on the water like that, and Pleasure Island looked like fun. We just kinda strolled around for a bit before my friend drove me back to the hotel to copy pictures from my camera, which was great for me cause I was running out of room on my memry card. I ended up falling asleep around 3-ish.

Finally it was off to bed and the biggest "dissapointment" of the trip later that morning, Magic Kingdom!
hectors-pictures-581.jpg
Disneyland in CA Are you seeing this?
hectors-pictures-582.jpg
"Everybody all for one,
A real summer has just begun!
Let's rock and roll and just let go,
feel the rhythm of the drums
We're gonna have fun in the sun
Now that all the hard work, work is done!
Everybody, one for all and all for one!
All for one, one!"
hectors-pictures-023.jpg
wow, it's like the queue isn't just a bunch of switchbacks right in front of the building
hectors-pictures-031.jpg
Hello original tower
hectors-pictures-050.jpg
This Queue was the perfect mood setter for the ride, that I will give to Florida's ToT
hectors-pictures-583.jpg
The line took way too long (there definitely had to have been a shut down of some sort for how long we were in the same spot) but it was fun.
hectors-pictures-584.jpg
Steven Tyler's Shocker + love in an Elevator = awesome ride!
hectors-pictures-585.jpg
Rock on!
hectors-pictures-593.jpg
Taking this "uphat" felt kinda dirty
hectors-pictures-625.jpg
A dress fit for a Queen
hectors-pictures-630.jpg
The latest fall fashions from Narnia
hectors-pictures-632.jpg
YAY Marry Poppins!
hectors-pictures-635.jpg
Kids practicing playing with their sabers.
hectors-pictures-638.jpg
This queue is just a little nicer then others.
hectors-pictures-640.jpg
YAY Muppets!
hectors-pictures-641.jpg
That entrance is creepy
hectors-pictures-642.jpg
it's like bieng back in New York, but not really.
hectors-pictures-644.jpg
Disney jet!
hectors-pictures-647.jpg
Finale
hectors-pictures-648.jpg
better part of the finale!
hectors-pictures-652.jpg
Different angle of the plane from the Backlot tour
hectors-pictures-653.jpg
Flight of the navigator was an awesome movie!
hectors-pictures-654.jpg
" I'm going to find it and I'm going to destroy it. I don't know how yet. Possibly with dynamite."
hectors-pictures-655.jpg
hectors-pictures-656.jpg
oooo backside of action
hectors-pictures-657.jpg
The Penguin!
hectors-pictures-658.jpg
oh those movies just sucked
hectors-pictures-659.jpg
I liked the movie and Tilda Swinton scares me.
hectors-pictures-660.jpg
I don't remember what this was.
hectors-pictures-661.jpg
HECTOR!
hectors-pictures-662.jpg
oooo I want one!
hectors-pictures-663.jpg
This was pretty cool
hectors-pictures-664.jpg
ran back to get a picture of the sign and off to...
hectors-pictures-665.jpg
HISTK-MSA
hectors-pictures-666.jpg
funny, I've heard that before...
hectors-pictures-667.jpg
something phallic shaped kept squirting
hectors-pictures-668.jpg
oh, is that all.
hectors-pictures-670.jpg
shrooms
hectors-pictures-672.jpg
hmmm what's that?
hectors-pictures-674.jpg
YOU can't make me go!!
hectors-pictures-675.jpg
ok, maybe you can
hectors-pictures-676.jpg
HELP!
hectors-pictures-678.jpg
Seriously, someone needs to get these companies to hire me, I practically give them their marketing pictures.

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Thu May 08, 2008 7:07 pm

Unfortunately, due to rain I didn't get the camera out as much as I would have liked the final few days. Here are a few more pics from DHS and Downtown Disney.

next up is Magic Kingdom!
hectors-pictures-680.jpg
It wasn't quite time for our reservations so we headed over to find other stuff to se for a bit, we skipped on The Little Mermaid show, and opted for walking through this exhibit for a bit.
hectors-pictures-682.jpg
They had a ton of stuff to see, leanr, and even play with in there (I really liked the Animatronics display they had) This is a model of Euro-Disney's Sleeping Beauty Castle
hectors-pictures-683.jpg
The Tree of Life, the Animal Kingdom "Weenie"
hectors-pictures-685.jpg
Imagining this as real definitely gives me a semi.
hectors-pictures-686.jpg
I love me some GRR action
hectors-pictures-684.jpg
What time is it?
Dinner time
Go get your grub on!

I know laaammme.
hectors-pictures-687.jpg
Ooo almost there!
hectors-pictures-688.jpg
YAY We made it!
hectors-pictures-689.jpg
Like I said, I had the Thai Noodle Bowl for the main course, but I also had the Brown Derby Grapefruit Cake which was awesome as well.
hectors-pictures-690.jpg
This was our hot waiter, I apparently had my after sex glow filter on.
hectors-pictures-691.jpg
Some more interesting Disney inspired topiary
hectors-pictures-692.jpg
It's not my cup of tea, but I would let Indy use his whip on me.
hectors-pictures-693.jpg
Look, I'm famous! (pardon the blur, I was on stage and it takes a while to get used to the settings I usually use) Of course I was the only brown one up there so I guess I filled in there quota for the show.
hectors-pictures-710.jpg
ooo Disney went all out in themeing the sky too. Damn they're good.
hectors-pictures-712.jpg
Fantasmic! was not as good as the show out West, but I did like sitting down on benches.
hectors-pictures-715.jpg
Switching over to Downtown Disney, the fat kid in me came out and I couldn't resist licking goofy's balls.
hectors-pictures-717.jpg
Mmmmm Earl of Sandwhich.
hectors-pictures-716.jpg
it was good.
hectors-pictures-719.jpg
I have a thing for long big wet things
hectors-pictures-720.jpg
When i was there two summers ago, i didn't see a giant Rainforrest cafe logo in the sky nor anyone walking there dogs on the roof of the Sydney Opera House
hectors-pictures-723.jpg
RAWR give me some McDonalds!
hectors-pictures-728.jpg
Starting the bucket of Booze.
hectors-pictures-726.jpg
This is kinda what I saw getting to the bottom
hectors-pictures-729.jpg
"what's that smell?"
hectors-pictures-730.jpg
CIRQUE DU SOLIEL! I'm a huge geek about their shows.
hectors-pictures-731.jpg
yeah, that bad.
hectors-pictures-739.jpg
We went into the Vrgin mega store and played in there for a little while and I don't even remember what book this was in it just made me laugh.
hectors-pictures-741.jpg
Buzz Lightyear why I NEVER!!"
hectors-pictures-742.jpg
I am now the Toy Story bitch
hectors-pictures-746.jpg
When we got back to the hotel, a school group was coming in and all the security guards were yelling at the kids to get back into their own rooms, made us laugh!

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Thu May 08, 2008 7:56 pm

Some great pics and captions. I've been laughing quite a bit.
Great to see the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground was still there. Always thought it was cool how they built the "ground" and made it squishy.

You brought back some nice memories by retracing some of the places we went years ago.

Well done. =)

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby dino » Fri May 09, 2008 12:44 am

Great update as always. Too many pics and funny/dirty captions to comment on. Nice to see you in the Indy show, representing ;) . As for :P Goofy's balls...lol so wrong :roll:.
-Gabriel

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby MattyD » Fri May 09, 2008 5:38 am

RCFreak wrote:Walt Disney: One Man's Dream to kill

I think I read that wrong! :P

Nice trip report, good fun as always!

Matt

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby NINCUB » Fri May 09, 2008 8:03 am

Love the pix Hector! You have so much fun! You are looking pretty hot in Orlando BTW! :0)

Look forward to more shots from you! :0)

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive