Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

P. 85: New castle and Frozen expansion details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby SFMM rocks my socks » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:10 pm

no way there thinking of a new park it would be to much money for them mabye later down the line but not now

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:48 pm

I think it's going to be interesting how they're Pirates Of the Carribean will use the Splash Mountain style log flume. I wonder if this will be built in Magic Kingdom or at the second gate park? (Hoping any of this news is true)
-Sean C.

FORMER DISNEYLAND ATTRACTION OP

Do you know where your wife is?

Postby PhishyBrewer » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:11 pm

Great! A new place for children to urinate in public. :P

Postby Wes » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:35 pm

ECZenith wrote:I think it's going to be interesting how they're Pirates Of the Carribean will use the Splash Mountain style log flume. I wonder if this will be built in Magic Kingdom or at the second gate park? (Hoping any of this news is true)

You're way off.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:41 pm

I still don't see what all the big deal is about some kids peeing. I mean, I see adults peeing at SFMM all the time!

Some kids pee at HKDL and it makes the national news yet a guy gets caught peeing at Cedar Point ON THE WEBCAM and no one mentions it.

--Robb

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:47 am

I just realized, that if they added a Haunted Mansion to HKD, putting it in Adventureland would put an entirely new spin on it, hmm?
Ancient tribal ghosts and goblies, huh? And VooDoo the way they do - woo hoo!!! :)
And the building itself could be a jungle temple-mansion in it's own way or just a Haunted Temple huh?

<GRIN>

I yelled at Elissa and now I have a crappy title!

Postby ScOtT k » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:38 am

Wow, I can see it now. Hong kong adventure. Celebrating the glory of hong kong! Featuring new rides and attractions like soarin over hong kong, and hong kong screamin. :shock: btw robb, I love that picture.

Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

NEWS: Suicide Attempt at Hong Kong Disneyland

Postby dandaman » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:39 pm

I'm surprised I don't see this posted yet...

2005/10/12
HONG KONG (AP)

A former Disney worker climbed to the roof of the Hong Kong park's most popular attraction and threatened to slash his throat to protest his dismissal, a Disney spokeswoman and newspaper reports said Wednesday.

The 48-year-old man, a former security guard at the theme park, climbed to the top of the building housing the Space Mountain roller coaster on Tuesday and remained there for two hours, Hong Kong Disneyland spokeswoman Esther Wong said.

Photographs published in the Apple Daily newspaper showed the man sporting a white T-shirt with the words "blood," "reveal the truth" and "SOS" written in red paint. He was also shown placing a small penknife at his throat.

The man was unhappy that he was fired three months ago for allegedly violating park rules, including using obscene language during working hours, the paper said.

He climbed down unhurt after a two-hour negotiation with police and fire fighters, Wong confirmed.

A Hong Kong trade union has received about 60 complaints of alleged labor abuse _ including long hours and lack of rest time _ from Hong Kong Disneyland employees since the park opened last month.

But Labor Department spokesman Ricky Chan said Disney had not violated any labor laws.

Wong stressed that the park has already made labor-related improvements after discussions with unionists.

TPR's 1st Furry

Postby Damien666 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:46 pm

:shock: ...and there already planning for a second park! Don't bother with that right now, the first one is already upsidown! Oy! Oy! Oy!
Furries, we are everywhere and I am one of them.(Not like CSI though!)
There is also NO safe place for Elissa to hide! :twisted:

I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

Postby thrillrider1 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:43 pm

the spokesmans name is ricky chan!? holy $h!t thats my name!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!