Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 422: Stinger being removed
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby CoasterEricHP » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:39 pm

Voodoo looks like the perfect new attraction for Dorney Park! I'm extremely happy they saved this ride! The last time I was at Geauga Lake and rode it, it sounded and felt AWFUL. Definately needed to get the refurb!

All Dorney Park really needs now is a nice new wooden coaster (even though Thunderhawk was awesome last year I when I was there) to round out it's collection!

I play Metroid every day!

Postby Kennyweird » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:57 pm

I didn't have a good experience when I went to Dorney. The park was mostly coasters (this was back when I was afraid to ride coasters), and people kept trying to jump us in line. Maybe I should go back there sometime and give Dorney a chance to redeem itself...

However, VooDoo is looking great! This is another coaster I missed when I went to Geauga Lake! Grrr! :x

^^^ Those wheel covers are kinda sexy... in a non-sexual way, of course!
This is my signature. Deal with it.
Kennywood Rides Team Member- Racer/Skycoaster
Coaster count: 67

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:29 pm

Egh, I really don't like those wheel covers. Just look....bleh. I prefer wheels and contraptions showing.
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby EastCoastn07 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:31 pm

CoasterEricHP wrote:Voodoo looks like the perfect new attraction for Dorney Park! I'm extremely happy they saved this ride! The last time I was at Geauga Lake and rode it, it sounded and felt AWFUL. Definately needed to get the refurb!

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the ride sounding awful...If you're talking about the screech that the ride made on the back spike, that sound has always been there since I can remember. Other than that, I can't think of any out of the ordinary sounds SV making the last time I rode it.

I had the chance to ride SV in its last season of operation before it closed down and I can remember the ride was running pretty good. If it wasn't for the accident the ride had that caused the ride to have a major closure, I don't think the ride would have received any attention other than a new paint job when it got moved. However, the accident did cause a lot of damage and from what I know from the accident, a number of the LIM fins and motors were damaged, so CF had no choice to repair the ride. Hell, they were too cheap to do so at GL and that's why it never opened after the accident, but I'm sure they had no willingness to do so since they knew the park was closing down ayways. I'm sure the coaster is going to be a nice attraction to the park, but I'm not a big fan of the traditional Intamin impulses. I'd much rather ride Vertical Velocity (SFDK) over a standard impulse anyday lol.
Ravine Flyer II Count: 52

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:33 pm

NewsPlusNotes wrote:Now that Voodoo has been completed I ran out to snap some photos. The ride looks really great!

Mike

Wait...that's VooDoo?! Didn't this have sicknasty awesome dark brown and red and purple evil-looking colors at one time?

-J "Well, I haven't been keeping up on this thread.."

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Jim S. » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:05 pm

Hercules wrote:So has anyone heard anything about the progress on this? The last I heard is the park is having some problems with PP&L and the electric. They are still working on the trains and testing has not begun. At this point I'm not sure if it will be open for opening day.

I thought the power line was supposed to have been put in last year.

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:17 am

I didn't say that it wasn't put in. I just said that they are having problems with it.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby NewsPlusNotes » Sat May 03, 2008 5:39 pm

Dorney Park opened today for the season. Here are some pictures of voodoo. There are more photos of Voodoo and the park but these are the cool ones.

Too bad the ride isn't opening for two weeks!

Mike
voodootpr1.jpg
The cool looking sign for the ride.
voodootpr2.jpg
The trains.
voodootpr3.jpg
The station area.
voodootpr4.jpg
And the launch track.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby andy_e219 » Sat May 03, 2008 6:03 pm

Why wasn't the Laser operating?
I can't wait to go there this August, and also, when is the best time to go to the park in August?
Conneaut lLake Park rides again: May 22, 2009.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat May 03, 2008 6:18 pm

Awesome! I can't wait to finally ride this great impulse again! I'll be going in the first week of June.
Last Coaster Ridden: Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion on August 24, 2018.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!