TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Snipped from XtremeCoaster

From Kristin Siebeneicher-Public Relations Manager for Six Flags Great Adventure:

" MEDIA ALERT - September 21, 2005

SIX FLAGS GREAT ADVENTURE WILL ANNOUNCE MONSTROUS WOODEN ROLLER COASTER

AND NEW KIDS' AREA FOR 2006

When:

Release date - Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2005

What:

Six Flags Great Adventure, the World's largest regional theme park,

will soon announce the details of its dramatic 2006 expansion plans.

The announcement will include an enormous, record-breaking wooden

roller coaster -- the park's first new wooden coaster since 1978. One

of two newly-themed areas - the park's third section devoted to

children - will focus solely on families with exciting pint-sized

adventures for the littlest thrill seekers."

Yup, I'm glad I live close by. I'm already out of vacation days next year and need to stay local more than this year. I'm looking forward to the announcement, as from what I've heard, this one's looking just as good as the other 2 Intamin woodies. And to think, I'll be riding all three of them in the same year!

Bring on that announcement!

I can't think of a better addition to SFNJ than one of these Intamin prefab wooden coasters. Ever since I saw Balder go up I had to ride one of these, and this one is already being described as monstrous, I'm glad to hear it's going to be a "record breaker", I wonder what records they are?

Can't wait till '06, between this and Everest I'm amped for next year.

\

I'm curious...I don't think the record will be height or length. There's not enough room to go 7600 ft. and I think Six Flags is smart enough not to try to go over 220 ft. with a woodie.

Perhaps this ride will feature the most inversions on a woodie, being that they'd only have to have two loops to beat Son of Beast.

Eric

A vertical drop :mrgreen:, I mean a vertical drop would have the same amount of -G's as a bunny hop so. I mean I dont get why vertical drop coasters have OTSR's, there are rides that have more -g's with T-Bars than a vertical drop with OTSR's.

That would be so cool, A vertical droping woody

I'm curious...I don't think the record will be height or length. There's not enough room to go 7600 ft. and I think Six Flags is smart enough not to try to go over 220 ft. with a woodie.

That's what you think! Those "Woodies" could handle 300ft without a problem. The navigate the track so smoothly!

Now I don't like that on Woodies too much. That's also why I don't like Colossos and Balder that much. They just feel so "no Wood" to me and I basically ride them as any other steel coaster.

OF COURSE that does NOT make them bad! And OF COURSE that doesn't mean they are not Woodies! That's just my opinion...

The "record" will be height and speed. I'd bet a $100 on that!

I think the record has to do with drop. Either steepest or tallest. It may not break the height record but could still break the drop record with a tunnel or trench of sorts. Intamin would be the ones to push a coaster like that... and at least we shouldn't have to worry about the coaster being as rough as SOB if they did!