TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark Announces Fahrenheit!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the crest of the lift seems a little too big,(one thing I like about euro-fighters is the small crest) this still looks like a fun ride.

I think this has a bigger curve because of the longer trains. Eurofighters are just one car, Fahrenheit is three long. The forces in the back of the third car would be crazy intense with a Eurofighter-sized curve.

On another note, this ride looks sweet. Can't wait to see the Loop of Norway in place.

I can't get over the thought that Storm Runner looks so damn similar to this ride. I know one's a launch and one's a lift, but they're both Intamin's with similar looking track, and top hats that look very similar to each other, hell you can see both of them in one of the photos.

I'm sure the rides going to be a lot of fun, this is just something that's been peeving me since I first saw it.

My favorite element is now the Norwegian Loop. Only if I could see it on an inverted B&M...

I am extremely excited to ride this! Only 2 months away, I believe the opening date is 5/24. I plan to go in the beginning of June. I have yet to experience anything past 90 degrees...I will actually ride this before any euro-fighters. Very Cool!

So I hadn't been following or paying attention to this ride at all. Just looked at the webcam for the first time. It reminds me A LOT of Speed Monster. Not just for the Norweigian Loop, but the ride, size, layout, etc. Take away the 97 degrees and put in a launch and it would be nearly the same!

Looks like fun, and if it is like Speed Monster then it's definitely going to be a great Family Thrill Ride!

It certainly does look like Speed Monster. Great observation Elissa. I didn't really notice it from the concepts of the ride, but seeing it built, it certainly does seem like a Speed Monster-esque ride without the launch. It should certainly be a popular ride. I'll need to find time in my schedule to make it to the park this year, probably for their Halloween event.

When the layout was first released, I thought it resembled Speed Monster a lot, and it seems like a lot of other people did too. As great as this coaster will be, it seems a little out of place at Hershey Park, but maybe that is just me. With Speed Monster close by, it has a sort of repetitive look to it. If this was going to Lake Compounce or a park like SFGAM as it would stand out as there would be no similar looking rides around.(let alone in the same park) That being said, this will still be a great ride, and even though it looks similar to Storm Runner, Fahrenheit should be a great addition to Hershey Park.

If anyone is interested, RCPro has added an update of construction.

RCPro Update

I'm not really a fan of the Storm Runner argument. The only resemblance I see is that there is red track, and it is Intamin. Should I list the differences? Plus, I don't really think anyone outside of our nerdy community is going to care, let alone know, that they are both Intamin rides. A good marketing strategy and all people know is that there is a new and exciting ride at the park - and then they will come - and then hopefully ride it and be merry.

How is Speed Monster nearby? It's in like Norway, isn't it? I do sort of agree that it is sort of out of place, but I guess there's no stopping Hershey Park now, is there? Lotsa questions.

I got a job at Hershey this summer as a games clerk in the Comet Hollow area. I had training on Saturday the 22nd, and I got to walk through the park. I didn't get a good view of the station, but from what I saw, it seemed HUGE. I did want to bring my camera, but I figured it would be inappropriate for training. I guess having my job in the Midway America section would have benefited more, but oh well. The following link is my rendering of what I saw...

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q29/MisturJunior/fahrenheit.jpg

I know, I'm no Picasso. I didn't finish the track, because I don't remember it all. Hopefully I can get down to Hershey sometime soon (it's 20-30 minutes away) and snap some photos for everyone.

Make sure you visit Hershey this year and come visit me! I'm working five days in April so far. It sucks it's only $6.50 and hour. Oh well. I got paid $22.67 today for my orientation! It's not much, but it's a start.

Also, at my orientation, they told us that Hershey is apparently doing so well that they had enough income/cash to build two large attractions in a row (Boardwalk last year, Fahrenheit this year) as opposed to other years with one large attraction followed by a smaller one (Roller Soaker in '02 & The Claw in '03). Maybe it's because the prices keep going up and the people are still coming. Well I gotta go.

I'll see you at hershey park this summer.

Does anyone know if it will have a separate load and unload in the station? That could really increase capacity a lot.

Also, does anyone know how the lines with be at the park during Springtime in the Park on Sunday? I'm planning on going and it would be much appreciated if someone helped me out.