TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

First out of all the ways to die I would LOVE to die of a heart attack on a coaster. It is a million times better then dying of cancer in a hospital bed.

I dunno, man, a violent roller coaster death would probably be insanely painful and you'll be there bleeding to death before paramedics arrive. I wouldn't want to die on one because it's bad for the industry and reputation of thrill rides. Dying slowly of cancer is also incredibly painful, but at least you get all the painkillers you want!

I got an idea actually read what I wrote next time. I said I want to die of a heart attack on a roller coaster. I didn't say I want to be mangled and die due to blood loss. You couldn't have misinterpreted what I said more if you tried. Go back to making creepy comments about girls you have never met on the internet and leave me to die the way I choose.

Aaaaaaaaaand it was a heart attack and he had a pre-existing heart condition.

Well that's good to hear. At least it's not the ride's fault (well, it kind of is). Apparently people can't read the signs that say "Do Not ride if you have back, neck, or heart problems". What do the parks have to do: supersize the text and capitalize every letter?

Aaaaaaaaaand it was a heart attack and he had a pre-existing heart condition.

Well that's good to hear. At least it's not the ride's fault (well, it kind of is). Apparently people can't read the signs that say "Do Not ride if you have back, neck, or heart problems". What do the parks have to do: supersize the text and capitalize every letter?

It is not the rides fault AT ALL. My grandpa had a heart attack reading the newspaper, is it the paper's fault. these things happen and not all death has a reason.

My whole view on the people dieing on Disney rides thing is that people push themselves too much at Disney. At a person's homepark, they usually don't push themselves, because they figure that they can always go back whenever they want to ride a ride. When some people go to Disney parks, it's a big deal for them because a family trip is very expensive and for some people it's a once in a lifetime experience.

I don't think that the Disney rides are that intense compared to other rides I've been on, especially expedition everest. Unfortunately I don't think that people will ever realize that it's not worth pushing their limits and this will continue to be a problem at Disney and maybe even Cedar Point.

Good to know it isn't directly the ride's fault. As mentioned here (and in the SFKK drop tower thread) these coasters and thrill rides are absurdly safe. Sure, they look intimidating, but they're supposed to. That makes them fun. It's not like a group of monkeys scribbled on a paper and then people threw some steel together to make the coaster--ungodly amounts of time went into safety features. Theme parks need to take out bigger insurance claims on their carousels and steam engine trains than on the huge coasters/towers. You are exponentially more likely to be injured in your car on your way to the park than you are on a ride. But I'm preaching to the choir, so I digress... And while sometimes a simple glance at the warning signs could potentially prevent something like this from happening, a lot of times the heart condition is unknown to the person or went undetected. It's just a horrible way to find out...

Maybe its my age or a generational difference, by why did anything have to cause this. Why couldn't it just have been his day. He went to the park, had a nice day, rode a ride, and then his time was up. No real reason, it was just his day. I don't understand the need to find some hidden reason he dies. People die, sometimes with absolutely no fault at all.

A teacher at my building last year worked all day, had just been to the Doctor, went home, had dinner with his wife and was dead 3 minutes into dinner. No warning, clean bill of health, nothing. Just dead. The world used to seem to be able to accept that, now we just want a reason for everything. I have seen everyone of my grandparents go thru crazy sickness, and I pray that my parents are just taken in some quick random fashion. I know my parents know I love them, I will miss them horribly, but I don't need a two year terminal illness leaving my parents a shell of there former selves just so I can say good bye. Take them at the dinner table, or on a ride, or watching sports. Just my two cents.

• 3 months later...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,340229,00.html

A woman’s trip to the Magic Kingdom was hardly a walk in the park after she says she was beaten up by a woman in a ‘line rage’ incident.

Aimee Krause says Victoria Walker accused her of cutting into the line at the Mad Tea Cup ride last year at Disney World, MyFOXOrlando reports.

Walker, an Alabama native, could face 15 years behind bars if convicted of battery with a deadly weapon.

Krause has now filed additional charges claiming her children were also attacked.

“She came from behind just screaming,” Krause told MyFOXOrlando. “Next thing I knew she kicked me in my left leg, threw me to the ground and at that point I was pinned between the teacup and the saucer and she continued to beat up on my body.”

In the incident report, Krause claimed Walker tried to choke her with a lanyard she wore to hold water bottles around her neck, MyFOXOrlando reports.

During a deposition Monday, Walker declined to accept a plea deal that would have given her a one-year jail sentence.

Jury selection for the ‘Tea Cup Madness’ trial will begin in April.

0_21_032108_walker_victoria.jpg.bf1988bceeeed92a5490dc77f82885b2.jpg

Victoria Walker

Wait, the article says she was pinned between a teacup and saucer, so did this happen on the ride platform or in the queue? Going from the article, I'm going to assume that the lines were really long(well it was Disney, so that's a given), and maybe the victim took the cup that the attacker wanted. I feel bad for the victim and her kids as this is a terrible event to happen while on vacation.

I think what happened was the one person had the rest of her family in line so she walked through the people in line to get up to her family and the other person got angry about that. I don't remember the exact details but I think that's what the articles said when this first happened a while back.

I heard this same story on the radio on my way to work this morning. They had the lady that was attacked talking about it. She claims to have suffered "brain damage" (her words, not mine) as a result of the attack.

Here's another article about the same altercation where the slant seems to be more toward blaming Disney's handling of the incident: http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2007/5/29/woman_says_disney_delay_may_prevent_charged_in_alleged_attack.html

I thought I heard this before. I thought did this happen again? She tried to choke her, and it's the person that's being accussed fault. My question is how much harm did it really cause. Did she almost kill the other lady, or was it a fighting type of deal?

Pretend, someone punchs someone, and someone punches another person. They do this for a little while, and they both have broken noises, but it's not a battle in which they can't even walk, or talk. It's a horrible fight, but did she come too close for comfort to killing her? If she came really close, that sentence should not be only 15 years, in my opinion. If it was a typical fight, than I think it should be way less than 15. It's the degree of what "really" happened.

If someone starts attacking me because I'm giving them crap about cutting in line, I'm going to take matters into my own hands as in "self defense." Obviously this woman couldn't. As soon as things calm down and Disney says they're not calling the police, I am. For some reason, this woman couldn't get around to doing that either.

Both the victim and the attacker look like real classy people . I hope the attacker gets the cell as long as possible, there's no reason for attacking someone over a dispute as bologna as "cutting in line" in a theme park filled with kids. Don't care what the argument is, I think its unacceptable on all accounts.

Here's another article about the same altercation where the slant seems to be more toward blaming Disney's handling of the incident: http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2007/5/29/woman_says_disney_delay_may_prevent_charged_in_alleged_attack.html

"Seems to be"? Here's the headline: "Woman Says Disney Bungled Case Of Tempest In Tea Cups ."

Yet the alleged attacker is, apparently, going to trial for this, which negates the whole premise that Disney's lack of action means that no charges can be brought against her. Somebody at Channel 13 needs to do a follow up.

Send Walker's butt to jail. Then all the inmate's there can beat her as much as they want. She'll regret that.

Line jumping happens all the time, and I can see why she would get a little angry about that. But not so angry to get into a full on fight about it. So it's also the victim's fault since she started the event.

Hmmm, maybe Disney should create attacking robots for people who line jump. That will solve all problems.

J/K