Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby coaster05 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:45 pm

RIP Psyclone wrote:
coaster05 wrote:First out of all the ways to die I would LOVE to die of a heart attack on a coaster. It is a million times better then dying of cancer in a hospital bed.

I dunno, man, a violent roller coaster death would probably be insanely painful and you'll be there bleeding to death before paramedics arrive. I wouldn't want to die on one because it's bad for the industry and reputation of thrill rides. Dying slowly of cancer is also incredibly painful, but at least you get all the painkillers you want!

I got an idea actually read what I wrote next time. I said I want to die of a heart attack on a roller coaster. I didn't say I want to be mangled and die due to blood loss. You couldn't have misinterpreted what I said more if you tried. Go back to making creepy comments about girls you have never met on the internet and leave me to die the way I choose.

I pee in space

Postby spacemtfan » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:23 pm

Wes41190 wrote:Aaaaaaaaaand it was a heart attack and he had a pre-existing heart condition.

Well that's good to hear. At least it's not the ride's fault (well, it kind of is). Apparently people can't read the signs that say "Do Not ride if you have back, neck, or heart problems". What do the parks have to do: supersize the text and capitalize every letter?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby bionic4ever » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:07 pm

I saw the shots from the ride's cameras, and the man was not only still conscious fifty seconds before the ride ended - he appeared to be laughing.

Postby coaster05 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:40 pm

spacemtfan wrote:
Wes41190 wrote:Aaaaaaaaaand it was a heart attack and he had a pre-existing heart condition.

Well that's good to hear. At least it's not the ride's fault (well, it kind of is). Apparently people can't read the signs that say "Do Not ride if you have back, neck, or heart problems". What do the parks have to do: supersize the text and capitalize every letter?

It is not the rides fault AT ALL. My grandpa had a heart attack reading the newspaper, is it the paper's fault. these things happen and not all death has a reason.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby sixflagsguy5 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:25 pm

My whole view on the people dieing on Disney rides thing is that people push themselves too much at Disney. At a person's homepark, they usually don't push themselves, because they figure that they can always go back whenever they want to ride a ride. When some people go to Disney parks, it's a big deal for them because a family trip is very expensive and for some people it's a once in a lifetime experience.

I don't think that the Disney rides are that intense compared to other rides I've been on, especially expedition everest. Unfortunately I don't think that people will ever realize that it's not worth pushing their limits and this will continue to be a problem at Disney and maybe even Cedar Point.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby coolhandluke » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:36 pm

Good to know it isn't directly the ride's fault. As mentioned here (and in the SFKK drop tower thread) these coasters and thrill rides are absurdly safe. Sure, they look intimidating, but they're supposed to. That makes them fun. It's not like a group of monkeys scribbled on a paper and then people threw some steel together to make the coaster--ungodly amounts of time went into safety features. Theme parks need to take out bigger insurance claims on their carousels and steam engine trains than on the huge coasters/towers. You are exponentially more likely to be injured in your car on your way to the park than you are on a ride. But I'm preaching to the choir, so I digress... And while sometimes a simple glance at the warning signs could potentially prevent something like this from happening, a lot of times the heart condition is unknown to the person or went undetected. It's just a horrible way to find out...

Postby coaster05 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:38 pm

Maybe its my age or a generational difference, by why did anything have to cause this. Why couldn't it just have been his day. He went to the park, had a nice day, rode a ride, and then his time was up. No real reason, it was just his day. I don't understand the need to find some hidden reason he dies. People die, sometimes with absolutely no fault at all.

A teacher at my building last year worked all day, had just been to the Doctor, went home, had dinner with his wife and was dead 3 minutes into dinner. No warning, clean bill of health, nothing. Just dead. The world used to seem to be able to accept that, now we just want a reason for everything. I have seen everyone of my grandparents go thru crazy sickness, and I pray that my parents are just taken in some quick random fashion. I know my parents know I love them, I will miss them horribly, but I don't need a two year terminal illness leaving my parents a shell of there former selves just so I can say good bye. Take them at the dinner table, or on a ride, or watching sports. Just my two cents.

Site Admin

Woman Charged With 'Line Rage' at Walt Disney World

Postby robbalvey » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:05 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,340229,00.html

A woman’s trip to the Magic Kingdom was hardly a walk in the park after she says she was beaten up by a woman in a ‘line rage’ incident.

Aimee Krause says Victoria Walker accused her of cutting into the line at the Mad Tea Cup ride last year at Disney World, MyFOXOrlando reports.

Walker, an Alabama native, could face 15 years behind bars if convicted of battery with a deadly weapon.

Krause has now filed additional charges claiming her children were also attacked.

“She came from behind just screaming,” Krause told MyFOXOrlando. “Next thing I knew she kicked me in my left leg, threw me to the ground and at that point I was pinned between the teacup and the saucer and she continued to beat up on my body.”

In the incident report, Krause claimed Walker tried to choke her with a lanyard she wore to hold water bottles around her neck, MyFOXOrlando reports.

During a deposition Monday, Walker declined to accept a plea deal that would have given her a one-year jail sentence.

Jury selection for the ‘Tea Cup Madness’ trial will begin in April.
0_21_032108_walker_victoria.jpg
Victoria Walker

Ask me about being a pathological liar!!

Postby kraken613 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:08 pm

People can be so stupid or crazy about the stupidest things!

I poop golden school busses

Postby astroworldfan1 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:12 pm

Wow. That's pretty stupid. This could have been avoided with Fastpasses.

-Tatum "I feel bad for the victim"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!