TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I will say that Behemoth looks awesome now that it has started testing. It appears that the trims are not turned on. It also looks like it is going over the hills faster than Nitro and Apollo's Chariot, so it will have great air if it stays this way. Also, the ride will run faster when it gets warmer and it breaks in.

^^I definitely agree. The "open air" design looks awesome, and the angles of the trains and their placement over the track I really think will set this a bar over the old B&M sitting coaster cars.

Some very nice photos being posted, I was anxious to see the trains so thanks!

At first I thought it looked slow and boring, but in the latest video it looks like its really hauling through the course, particularly over the first camelback and the hammerhead turn. The second half is looking a bit slow though.

There's snow on the ground and this thing is still HAULING through the course, wait till summer those trims are going to come in handy. That turnaround looks like its going to be a lot of fun, and that helix looks like it'll pull some G's.

This looks like it may now be one of the better B&M hypers out there.

I've heard people say that B&M hypers look boring because all they do is go up and down and not "loop-de-loops"

only idiots say that

it's basically the established overall opinion that hypercoasters are some of the best rides in existence.

I was up at the park today and I got some nice pictures, and alright video. The second train appeared to be testing. The train I saw today is red on the front, and the one that was running last week was yellow. It was running extremely slow, and I mean, very very slow, as shown in the following video I recorded: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ4rgH4N7N4&fmt=18

Later on, the train got a bit faster: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce9-AsWZL34&fmt=18

Enjoy the vids. Sorry, no sound!

Also, here's the pictures I took: http://www.flickr.com/photos/clewis4u91/sets/72157604207143587/detail/

I was practically waiting for it to roll back in that first clip.

I'm sure it'll speed up as that train gets worked in.

I was up at my sisters near Wonderland on Friday. Saw Behemoth testing, but didn't get a good luck at it. (had to concentrate on driving, and didn't feel like stoping to watch).

I know. Man the line for IJ was all the way past the Psyclone/Shockwave area, it was that long.

But the capacity difference between IJ and Behemoth is massive. While I expect the lines to be long this summer, I don't think they'll be as bad as IJ or the Bat. Behemoth can just pump people through it.

Or perhaps I'm being overly optimistic.

^^ A bit of both. That's the typical art style on those types of maps, making the big rides look massive.

I like how tiny Sledge Hammer is compared to Psyclone.

^ High capacity or not, Behemoths line is not going to be 45 minutes at any point. Unlike Italian Job, everyone is going to see the ride before they even get to the park. So where do you think everyone is going to go first?

Didn't see anyone mention this pertaining to the slow speed of the train in the latest of vids but I think I got it pegged. (I could just be too tired to have seen if anyone mentioned this, just worked a 14 hour day) The chain on the lift seems to be running considerably slower. Imho.