TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Wow, those are much better looking than I had anticipated. THey should look good roaring (shaking?) over Zak's zoomers.

I think that Zoomerang is one of the smoother boomerangs out there, so not that much shaking!

and

I have heard Zoomer's Gas N' Go be called some interesting names, but Zak's Zoomers is a first!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

an interesting e-mail I recieved from Lake Compounce

LAKE COMPOUNCE COMMERCIAL SHOOT...

Would you and your family like to be chosen to appear in an upcoming Lake Compounce commercial?

If so, please email (Garfield@lakecompounce.com) with the following information by MAY 7th:

Name(s) of applicants

Street Address, City, State, Zip

Phone #

Email address (that will be checked on the weekends)

Low Res (72 dpi) digital picture of each person wishing to be considered

Lake Compounce is looking for:

Moms, Dads, Grandparents & Children Ages 5 - 12

The photo/video shoot will take place on Thursday May 15th, between 8am & 4pm. There will be no compensation provided for your participation. Only complete applications with photos attached will be considered. You will be notified via e-mail by May 9th if you are chosen. No phone calls please.

I have some good news for those of you coming on the East Coast Trip this summer. Boulder Dash is running faster than it ever has before, even before the season started, due to the track work done by GCII. Also, there will be no trim added this year.

For those of you interested in Dark Rides in general, you can see some of the work being done to the parks Interactive Dark Ride, Ghost Hunt. The effects will be very impressive!

http://gallery.mac.com/edwardthodge#100023

Will I ever stop badmouthing this place?

Probably not.

I hope they condemn it, and soon.

Perhaps some "park improvements" that need to be considered are, "staying open on days that are advertised as being open", and, "updating pre-recorded park messages which advertise the park as being open as scheduled when, in fact, the park is not open at all".

Good places to start.

But y'know, 'dozing the place would work just as well for me.

I have some good news for those of you coming on the East Coast Trip this summer. Boulder Dash is running faster than it ever has before, even before the season started, due to the track work done by GCII. Also, there will be no trim added this year.
Why would they get GCI to do the trackwork and not Gravity Group?

I think Lake Compounce is a great family park. I didn't see much that made the day boring. Sure the chairlift was closed, but there was still Boulder Dash. Holy crap that ride is amazing.

• 1 year later...
Ever dreamt of riding Boulder Dash 10 times in a row without having to wait in line? Don't want to worry about how loud you scream when you go upside down on Zoomerang? In honor of our 165th season, we are giving away the 'Keys to the Park' for 165 minutes, to one deserving family! The winning family will have exclusive and private access to the park along with the rides of their choosing on the evening of Friday, May 28th!* We'll also throw in $100 to spend in any of our retail shops! In addition, the Clarion Hotel, which is just minutes from our main gate, will provide an overnight stay for the lucky family.

Wondering what qualifies a family as deserving? We know that many families have had a difficult past few months, or maybe years, due to the economy and they may have not been able to afford a trip to Lake Compounce. Maybe you know (or are) a family whose been through recent personal hardships. Or you might know someone who is always giving back to others but never has a chance to treat themselves. Any of these and many other situations would qualify a family as deserving of this unique gift.

Make sure to enter the deserving family (yes, it is ok to nominate your own family if you choose!) by April 20th 2010 to be eligible. Lake Compounce officials will judge the entries and announce the winner at the park on our opening day, May 15th!

Good luck to everyone and we look forward to a great summer season!

http://lakecompounce.com/lake-compounce-keys-promotion.php

Lake Compounce has sent us a new press release about their upcoming 165th season and how they will be celebrating by inviting one family to hold the keys to the park for 165 minutes.

In honor of Lake Compounce’s 165th season, the oldest, continuously operating amusement park in the country is giving away the ‘Keys to the Park’ for 165 minutes, to one deserving family. In addition, they will provide an overnight stay for the family at the Clarion Hotel, which is just minutes from park’s main gate, and $100 to spend in any of the park’s retail shops.

The family will begin their visit with a ‘backstage’ tour of the park, where they can learn about the operations of the attraction as well as the park’s vast history. After which, they will enjoy access to rides, food stands, and games and have an opportunity to spend their $100 in the park’s retail shops.

Lake Compounce is asking for nominations of deserving and special families. Entry forms, additional information, and rules and restrictions can be found by clicking http://www.lakecompounce.com/lake-compounce-keys-promotion.php or by visiting http://www.lakecompounce.com and clicking on the link. All stories must be submitted no later than April 20. Winner will be announced opening day, Saturday, May 15.