The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: WillyMammoth24 and 37 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby trcg721 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:59 pm

The cyber Cafe and the 3 point challenge are now open.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:06 pm

I hear a new update is coming soon!

KidTums' personal piano player

Six Flags Magic Mountain 2008 Start of Season Update!

Postby wrs28330 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:08 pm

Although WCB was last week and we know all of the projects that were underway, many of the projects were completed over the week and deserve to be featured in an update.

We'll take a photo tour around the park, but first:
I talked with Tim Burkhart this morning to see if he had his ride on X2. After his face lit up and exclaimed: "I was a 6-year-old at Christmas!", he said he took 4 rides on the new train in the back row outside seat (which he stated was one of the roughest). The initial goals of the remodel were to improve train reliability and rider through put, and now Tim is happy to say that X2 is smoother than Scream. I laughed in his face when he said X2 was smoother, but he stated that I would be pleasantly surprised. Everything is on track for the Memorial Day Opening, and we will just have to wait and see.

Enjoy the Update.

My name is William,
and I am SIX FLAGS!
1A.jpg
The day started off with the Opening Ceremony, now in its 3rd season. Two crowd warmers explain all the new things at the park this year while a clock counts down the time until the park is open.
2A.jpg
Guitar Hero anyone? I will be one of the MCs for this event Monday to Thursday, come by and say "hi", and participate in the competition. I understand their are cash prizes for the week's top winners!
3A.jpg
There will be 4 different stages in front of Golden Bear, each stage set to a different experience level.
4A.jpg
If anyone asks where the entrance to Sierra Twist was, my response is: What was Sierra Twist?
5A.jpg
The "Windows to Thomas Town" (better than peep holes), are getting a fair amount of use! The kids know what to do, but as for this gentleman...
6A.jpg
Someone on the site asked about Marcia Cantu, and wanted to know if she still worked here. Well, she does and she even has her own tribute on the side of Wascal's. "Cantu Storage"
7A.jpg
Hey Billy, you've met your arch-enemy!

I'M A CLOSED-GATE FANBOY!!!!!
8A.jpg
In other news, Home Depot is no longer a partner with Six Flags, so these helpful gardening tips are brought to by Six Flags...and the number 13.
9A.jpg
Today marks the first day of the Afternoon Parade: Looney Tunes Celebration. The parades this year have been completely revamped, and you'll never have to hear the "Celebration" song again! (Except at the Opening Ceremony...)
The afternoon parade features "Surfin' USA", and all the Looney Tunes are decked out in beach wear.
10A.jpg
Not only has this Gotham City facade received a new coat of paint, but most of the wood has been completely replaced.
11A.jpg
All of the Games employees as well as Electricians, Landscapers, and Construction Workers worked very hard all week to get 3-Point Basketball open for the weekend. Patrick from Games is overjoyed (as seen here), but says: Come back later for the first round.
12A.jpg
Mark Shapiro was referring to the NEW LANDSCAPING when he said: "Don't worry, we will be 'filling out' the park in the next few years."

JUST KIDDING!
13A.jpg
If you look closely you might be able to see the Games Host in this picture. He is camelflauged pretty well with his surroundings, but you might be able to see him. Seriously though, Guests can now spot Hosts and Hostesses from a mile away.
15A.jpg
The infamous candy machine of death has been replaced.
16A.jpg
LEAVE THE GEESE ALONE, AND GO TAKE A PICTURE WITH BATMAN INSTEAD! The geese are protected by the Government and they are mean little creatures, so help us out and give them their space. And besides, Batman really wants to take photos with you anyways.
17A.jpg
Are you noticing a trend?
18A.jpg
How well do you know the park?
Who can tell me where this is located in the park. (No it is not the Candy Apple making store in Cyclone Bay.)

Oooohhhh, an interactive update! Am I "wowing" you yet?
19A.jpg
Deja Vu is up and running again. Jet Stream has also completed its rehab.
20A.jpg
The chilidog has returned, although there was much consideration to just putting up a sombrero-wearing taco instead, but it just didn't work out.
21A.jpg
Hmmm, who is swimming in Hurricane Harbor?
Lifeguard training.
22A.jpg
The Magic of the Mountain Museum is officially open to guests. More cases are being installed, and the cases for the photographs will be arriving soon.
23A.jpg
King Troll sings: "I'm Mr. Lonely".
24A.jpg
This has not been confirmed, but it looks to me as if there is some new concrete up by the Tatsu footer. Is work starting to take place for turning Valencia Falls back on?
25A.jpg
Heading back to 3 Point, Sterling is ready to start the fun!
26A.jpg
Medium prizes are the bears, Large prizes are the jerseys, and there are a few electronic prizes as the X-large prizes.
27A.jpg
Angelica goes through a quick test run before the 1st guest takes the court.
28A.jpg
Smiling guests, a good sign.
29A.jpg
Just a few minutes later, and a large crowd has gathered.
30A.jpg
Cyber Cafe has opened, and guests have already given us very positive feedback.
31A.jpg
Computer at home:1 Flag
Computer at Cyber Cafe: 6 Flags

Six Flags:
More Flags, More Fun!
32A.jpg
Shiney and neeewwwwww!
33A.jpg
Some good looking food! Tree branch is also served, and from what I hear, it's good eatin'!
34A.jpg
Although you won't be able to upload your PTRs from these computers, you can still read TPR...and upgrade to a SEASON PASS!
35A.jpg
It's 5:30, and time for the parade! Sailor Daffy floats his ship down the midway. (That's part of the magic of Neil's "NEW Six Flags Magic Mountain".)
36A.jpg
Either Robb's flatulence problem from when he was inside the Batmobile finally made its way to Gotham City, or Sylvester and Tweety are "holding their breath and swimming".
37A.jpg
For their prep work, the Looney Tunes traveled to Hawaii for their acting research.
38A.jpg
The Final Splash - The choreography is very impressive. Instead of all of the characters standing in place doing the same dance, they bounce around in different formations, giving guests the ability to see all of the characters. Job well done!

That's all Folks!
sfmmupdate_01.jpg
Yay! We were reading THIS update in the Cyber Cafe!!! Isn't it awesome how technology works?
sfmmupdate_02.jpg
With Spin Out gone this opens up quite a big area.
sfmmupdate_03.jpg
You can still see on old footer from the "Eagle's Flight" Skyway.
sfmmupdate_04.jpg
The road up to Samurai Summit looks a lot different.
sfmmupdate_05.jpg
Over at Jet Stream there were a few last minute touches done before it re-opens.
sfmmupdate_06.jpg
Jay shows us that the old Freefall panel has been given new life at Jet Steam!
sfmmupdate_07.jpg
Boats are testing! Should re-open soon. The ride has gotten a major re-hab, lots of paint, a new control system. It looks great!
sfmmupdate_08.jpg
Old Shirt....New Shirt...One Fish...Two Fish....
sfmmupdate_09.jpg
Yup, you gotta buy a new cup. Deal with it! =)
sfmmupdate_10.jpg
Jay shows off the new 3-Point Basketball Challenge. "If I can do it, anyone can do it!"
sfmmupdate_11.jpg
How did that shot do?
sfmmupdate_12.jpg
Went right in!
sfmmupdate_15.jpg
Jay got a total of 4 points! Would have been enough to win a prize! Too bad he was just playing to show off the game.

TPR's Olden Goldie

Postby ebl » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:58 pm

Even without captions everything looks great. (I'll come back and read 'em later.) I'm surprised they got that 3-Point Basketball Challenge thing up so fast since the area was bare last weekend.

Also, it's good to hear that X2 is running well. Smoother than Scream!? If that's the case, I may actually start riding again because I don't think Scream! is rough to begin with. Let's hope the new trains hold up.

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby jdsmartdude911 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:36 pm

wrs28330 wrote:Image
Hey Billy, you've met your arch-enemy!

I'M A CLOSED-GATE FANBOY!!!!!

If you look closely, the gate appears to be open. :p

Nice update, nice to see things coming together at SFMM.

KidTums' personal piano player

Postby wrs28330 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:41 pm

Oh... well I guess it is a bad angle. It was infact closed...take my word for it. ;)

Banned

Postby RIP Psyclone » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:55 pm

Wow, I am amazed. Impressed, if you will, like Erik Johnson. We were all astonished by the changes that had happened in 7 months, like Robb said. Well, it looks like quite a bit was done in just 6 days! 3 Point Challenge finished and open, Deja Vu open, Skytower museum finished and open, Cyber Cafe, Jet Stream refurb done (!), Tim has rode X2, and the little things as well. Can we have another West Coast Bash tomorrow, please?

And since it wouldn't be a RIP Psyclone post without it...how about that 3 Point Challenge girl? :lover:

TPR's Movie Freak

Postby knottslover77 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:31 pm

Where is the 3-point challege located?

--Jay
I Love Brent <3, GhostRider is my #1 Coaster
total coasters:74

nagro5 tastes like poo-poo.

Postby nagro5 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:32 pm

I am amazed about how much has been done in such a short amount of time. The improvements will really enhance the guest experience. This has made me really excited for when I visit in a week. Great job on the Photo TR William.

Oh, and can I hear more about this candy machine of death?
Total Coasters: 200 (167 steel, 33 wood)
Total Parks: 34

Banned

Postby RIP Psyclone » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:48 pm

knottslover77 wrote:Where is the 3-point challege located?

--Jay

Sorry about the old map...but this is approximately where it is located.
sfmm.JPG
There!

PreviousNext