TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

T-Express (New Intamin Woodie) Soft Opening Today.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the videos loaded straight away (the front POV) and the other will supposedly take several hours. I'm using RealPlayer's new flash download feature (great for saving YouTube vids, too!).

What a fantastic structure! I prefer the simpler, circular geometry of older coasters, I don't like slpine curves and high banking much - but I do love Balder, and I can't deny that I love the structure of these modern Intamin woodies. They're very precisely designed, yet look more random than most vintage coaster structures. It's certainly never going to be a bad thing having another of these in the world!

Simple answer - nobody. Rides are built with a safety envelope these days. The kinematic envelope of the car has riders and their arms (and legs for suspended coasters) added to it, and the structure is built to clear this envelope. If any part of structure encroaches on this safety envelope, it must be modified before operating. Older rides however, frequently flout it which is quite funny. It's a case of new things having to conform to modern regulations, and old things being allowed to stay as they are in a lot of cases. Silly, but true.

Allen and Cobb coasters with the taller handrails, built from the late 70s onwards don't actually have a safe envelope as their trestle legs are on 8' centres and you can touch the handrails and passing structure with your fingers. GASM at your home park for instance, had its handrails raised a foot as Allen built them 2'6" tall before regulations stipulating 3'6" came in, and as the structure uses the old 8' centres, the legs and handrails are slightly too close to the cars - that's why some Allen/Cobb coasters now have pads fitted to the cars to make it harder to stick your arms out the side.

I would like to see a youtube video of it. The videos of the links that are posted take ages to load...

I thought the same thing. I've watched till the second drop after the brake run and I gave up.

It looks really good so far even if I was expecting to see a fast lift hill like El Toro and that brake run is a little bit too slow.

I was having problems also. It was starting, stopping and jumping around but from what I can see it is an almost clone of el toro but with more twists. it is funny a continent with such little people have such big rides and a lot of our parks cant touch most of the parks over the water.

MCBR got less harsh~!

Check out this POV... http://blog.naver.com/ahkims?Redirect=Log&logNo=130029018164

This one was taken in March 10th, and the other one with the harsh MCBR was taken in 9th, so I guess they were just setting the brake hard only for the first day of the soft opening(which was 9th)

and... I also found out the G Forces for T-Express; 4.5G//-1.5G

pretty intense!