TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: It Came From Wes's Closet

Wes I have been trying to find a IoA Soundtrack for ages now. They don't sell them anywhere. I've tried eBaY, multiple IoA/USF fan sites, there impossible to find a new copy of. The only thing I haven't tried is contacting Universal.....hm....just maybe? Lol, I like the Alpengeist poster by the way, and it still amazes me how Universal has such awesome Special Event shirts but has the most atrocious shirts for Dragons.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know...I got a collection of old Disneyland maps (dating back to when Snow White's Stage show was new), picture books, and all sorts of stuff. Maybe I should upload them since everyone seems to be doing it.

---Space "Disneyland stuff in my drawer" mtfan

Wes I have been trying to find a IoA Soundtrack for ages now. They don't sell them anywhere. I've tried eBaY, multiple IoA/USF fan sites, there impossible to find a new copy of. The only thing I haven't tried is contacting Universal.

That disc I took a picture of is actually a photo slide show Jeff Johnson (the credit whore old dude) created when IOA first opened.

I did have a (burned) copy of the IOA soundtrack at some point, but it got stolen along with a bunch of music CD's when my band played a show at a sketchy club in Hollywood.

Next park we are together at Wes I will so rock the DD hat and shirt together.

Dude, I'm so holding you to that!

I wish I had that signiture from that letter!

I'm sure if you wrote them you'd get a letter back. When I was in high school, I wrote a bunch of different companies asking about information on careers and such. I actually made a few good contacts doing this. It's not a bad route to go down if you're interested in working in the theme park industry, just make sure your letters are well worded and don't reek of fanboyism.

^^It's going to be our shirt for the TPR Texas Trip!!!

HAHA!!! Awesome!!

That disc I took a picture of is actually a photo slide show Jeff Johnson (the credit whore old dude) created when IOA first opened.

I did have a (burned) copy of the IOA soundtrack at some point, but it got stolen along with a bunch of music CD's when my band played a show at a sketchy club in Hollywood.

Oh you tease.

Seeing this makes me feel cool! All I have is 2 on-ride pictures, some DVDs/Books, and a box of brochures.

And the reason you weren't getting any wasn't because of the Alpie poster...

I finally read this thread. I actually have some of this stuff---the David Bennett Roller Coaster book, a Goliath cap from media day, and a Dodonpa shirt (yes, it was from Stan Checketts at one of the Solaces).

I also have a Riddler's Revenge cap from that ride's media day, and I'll have to find my picture taken on Riddler's Revenge with myself and three other bearded guys (with hair and beards spraypainted green) in the front row on media day.

I say it's the Virgin Mary. She's everywhere else...

Eric

Haha Wes; wasn't it you who made fun of me for talking about Kennywood all the time? Oh well, I guess we're all guilty...

Yeah, and half the reason I do make poke fun at people who seem obsessive with the hobby is to possibly make them realize there's more to life than being completely consumed with it. I was in that boat for a couple of years and it was stupid.

And the reason you weren't getting any wasn't because of the Alpie poster...

Yeah, but once I branched out, I started to even with the Alpengeist and CCI posters still up. Better hurry up, you only got four years until the world ends to score dood!!!

Yeah, and half the reason I do make poke fun at people who seem obsessive with the hobby is to possibly make them realize there's more to life than being completely consumed with it. I was in that boat for a couple of years and it was stupid.

Well, I wouldn't say being "obsessed" with theme parks/coasters is stupid. Or maybe I'm not in deep enough to be considered "obsessed", but that's what some people say. But hey, I'd love to stop by KI every other day to ride Drop Zone and FoF! Some think it's cool and tell me to pursue my interest, and others think I'm a wierd. Maybe a few things like collecting insignificant objects, adding patches to a jacket, or buying all the memorabilia to your favorite park may seem silly, but I wouldn't say it's stupid. Although I could definitely vouch for it being a reason a girl would scream and run away. But look at Robb and Elissa!

-J "To me, playing guitar and riding coasters are almost all of my life!" Z

Well, I wouldn't say being "obsessed" with theme parks/coasters is stupid. Or maybe I'm not in deep enough to be considered "obsessed", but that's what some people say. But hey, I'd love to stop by KI every other day to ride Drop Zone and FoF! Some think it's cool and tell me to pursue my interest, and others think I'm a wierd. Maybe a few things like collecting insignificant objects, adding patches to a jacket, or buying all the memorabilia to your favorite park may seem silly, but I wouldn't say it's stupid. Although I could definitely vouch for it being a reason a girl would scream and run away. But look at Robb and Elissa!

-J "To me, playing guitar and riding coasters are almost all of my life!" Z

Being obsessed with anything is stupid. Hobby, video game, job, significant other, whatever. I'm not saying you shouldn't love whatever it may be, but obsessing about it is an unhealthy way to live.

I think it may be an age thing, I see quite a few teens (12-18) who I would put in the obsessed catagory. Things change when you get older and into the real world (ie: not living off your parents), priorities tend to shift around quite a bit. I don't think it was a BAD thing coasters were my main hobby, especially since it was just a phase of my young life. If I was still the same way at 25 now, then it would be a bit more troubling.

Wes, good to see you turned back before it was too late, and that we are not reminescing about fatty patch Wes from ACE.

I've got an opening year at SFMM Flashback commerative cup, that's about it for me, oh and a hash pipe shaped Top Thrill Dragster opening year bottle. Wonder if people would pay money for them I don't want them.