The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
My small thing speaks for itself

Postby AllenA07 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:58 pm

EBL wrote:^^ I still find it funny that you can see Gold Rusher's original track color (red, believe it or not) in the station.

Eric

Eric do you know what year Gold Rusher became it's current Yellow color? I believe the park painted it right after the first season, however I could be wrong on that.
--Allen

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

????

Postby Freakdaddy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:30 pm

So what is the status on Freefall and Flashback? The last I knew they were partially tore down.

TPR's Olden Goldie

Postby ebl » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:59 pm

^ Flashback is completely gone, and Freefall may be. The last I heard, there was still a bit of Freefall left.

^^ Allen, Gold Rusher was red only in its first year (1971). The following year, it was painted an orangey yellow and has been almost the same color since (some variations with subsequent paint jobs).

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

Final Destination Guy!

Postby Goliath513 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:51 am

Does anyone have any pictures of the red Gold Rusher?

Also, what's the status for Spin Out? I hear that's on death row awaiting its fate.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby haiderodes » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:11 am

^Spin Out wasn't operating when I was there three weeks ago. It's also been removed from the website...so as you say its days are numbered.
walking in space.

KidTums' personal piano player

Postby wrs28330 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:12 am

It is worth mentioning that the lollypop sign along I-5 has possibly completed its touch up. (pictures below)

Also, MM is hosting a job fair at the East Picnic Pavilion at the front of the park Sat. Feb 16 and Sun. 17. I mention this not for anyone to necissarily come to interview for a job, but rather to see how great the job fair looks. Each department was responsible for decorating their own booths. Each booth is very creative, imaginative and interactive. I'll only give a way a couple of secrets to try to tempt some of you to come: There are many nostalgic items from days past, from rides that haven't been in operation in the past 2 months to the last 15 years...and the Batmobile (the tumbler), will be there.

Hope some of you come on by.

William
IMG_3979 copy.jpg
Hmm, those colors look familiar...Burger King Colors...no wait, Superman test colors. (Paint colors are SO political!)
IMG_3983 copy.jpg
Looks pretty darn cool at twilight.

Postby AllenA07 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:53 am

Goliath513 wrote:Does anyone have any pictures of the red Gold Rusher?

Next time you're at the park go ride Gold Rusher, and look at the track around the station, you can still the original red track around the station. I don't have a picture of the entire ride being red, since they painted it about a decade before I was born.
--Allen

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby iamscottevil » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:34 pm

They're always fooling us with test colors. I hoped they wouldn't paint superman those colors. It's not as bright and gay as the old colors, but a cheery yellow works I guess. Good job park!

Banned

Postby PURE » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:30 pm

Wow I cannot believe the sign is actually lit up. I seriously can't remember the last time I saw it with the lights on, it must have been at least ten years.

And for the record I'm so glad they haven't painted Superman those colors. For now, atleast.
Welcome To Magic Mountain. Cheer up, you could be at Knotts!

Postby AllenA07 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:51 pm

I was a kid the last time that sign had its lights on, very exciting indeed. And I've got to agree with PURE, had they painted Superman those colors I think it would have looked terrible. If that tower ever did get painted, I think a solid color would be the way to go.
--Allen

PreviousNext