Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 1036 - Reservation System Now Live!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Bunnies

Postby Teacups Make Me Sick » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:39 am

speedracer wrote:This whole non-issue just hit a new low, brainwashing 3rd graders!

"I think you shouldn't sell alcohol and cigarettes because if someone has drank and I'm in a rollercoaster with a loop-de-loop and I'm in the bottom car and the drunk person is in the top car and he throws up, it will land on me." -- A concerned student, Madison

Nearly all the students wrote that they don't want to be vomited on. Several said the theme park would no longer be family-friendly. Some even said they would no longer go to Six Flags.

"I don't like that idea about alcohol. People will puke on you! Plus, they might die! You would have a big graveyard!" -- Very concerned, Natalie.

Why is this "teacher" being allowed to brainwash these impressionable young kids with her ignorant misinformation???

Ya, if a 3rd grader is calling the shots as to where to go for a family vacation, there is something wrong with that.

Onto the topic, people can go out to there car and drink.

So whether they sell it in the park or people bring it in...alcohol is always available.

Water, Water Everywhere!

Postby BamaRob21 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:59 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure I quite see what all the fuss is about it. Many other theme parks sell beer and it doesn't affect the park atmosphere. It shouldn't be too bad unless they go overboard with the alcohol sells like HHN does every year.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby UniversalGSHo22 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:21 pm

^^ IF the concern is throwing up then she should be smart enough to know that Beer isnt the catalyst in making people throw up. Between Hot Dogs and Ice Cream and Funnel Cakes and all that crappy theme park food I am sure the majority of people are throwing up from that crap more then they are throwing up from beer UNLESS like mentioned above me it is HHN when even us employees think they go WAY overboard on the Liquor and Beer sales. Universal even did a dry night this past year where they sold no alcohol at all on the streets. The only place in the park that sold anything alcoholic was at Lombards SeaFood. It didnt go over well at all. We had so many complaints about the lack of the "Jello Shot Sluts" that they decided it was a bad idea to have a dry night of HHN.
I thik it is a good idea to sell Beer. Again it is SO pricy to drink in the park I think it will be more of a recreation to have a beer at the park then a mission to get smashed at the park on a random Monday.

Water, Water Everywhere!

Postby BamaRob21 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:49 pm

^^I agree with you. People go to HHN to get crazy and party hard. But as for going to SFOT, not so much. I think it will just be like BGE or BGA in that people just drink it like one drinks a coke. It shouldn't make much of a difference to the park atmosphere.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:14 pm

I worked in rides for four years. Alcohol was sold in the park, and in those four years I only had to deal with one problematic guest that was drunk. As others have said, its too too expensive for most people to have more than a couple of drinks. Teenagers cause ten times more problems than people drinking in the park do.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Six Flags Over Texas getting ride fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo for 2008.

Postby XanderLee » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:07 pm

From the Six Flags website:

Loose Articles
Six Flags Over Texas is committed to Friendly, Safe, Fast service. Loose articles of any kind including purses, backpacks, beverage containers, etc may not be taken past the entrance, or in line and may not be left on the ride platform of the following rides: Titan, Texas Giant, MR. FREEZE and BATMAN. Cell phones, pagers, or other small items must be secured in cargo pockets or waist packs. All loose articles not able to be stored in cargo pockets or waist packs must be left in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo or with a non-rider prior to entering the line.

From what I understand, ride fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo will be located near the entrance of the ride. It will be a one time use only fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo and will cost $1.

Anything taken in line with you must be able to be secured in your pockets while riding and nothing will be able to be left on the dock.
I AM...Six Flags Over Texas

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:08 pm

No beverage containers allowed but I bet they'll gladly sell you $3.50 bottled drinks from the vending machines in the lines.

No reason they can't have the sliding fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo at the station like other parks (where the cubby spots are open during boarding but when the other train is in the station, a door is slid over them so people from the other train can't get to your stuff)

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby XanderLee » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:10 pm

You are welcome to have anything in line that you are willing to throw away before you board the ride.
I AM...Six Flags Over Texas

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:00 am

XanderLee wrote:You are welcome to have anything in line that you are willing to throw away before you board the ride.

It's just another way for them to make money & has NOTHING to do with security at all.They instituted the same policy on wild one & superman last season at SFA & it's one more reason why I won't pay them money for a season pass this year.

Ask me about being a pathological liar!!

Postby kraken613 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:49 am

This is never a problem for me since I'm usually the only one who rides.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!