TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

Is it me or does it look like Led Zeppelin's lift has the least number of supports of any B&M? It looks way under supported Surely that has got to be the B&M that has the least supports on the lift...it has 3 (4 if you want to count the one just on the turn of the ascent), plus it has two brackets supporting the chain return track! Not bad considering its 150 feet! What's its elevation?

Anyway, this is looking one good park, hopefully I will be able to visit it sometime

I'm shocked at how much this park looks like IOA. The structure is amazingly similar. I'm quite excited to see how everything turns out.

When I first saw the big concept painting I thought the setup of the park looked like it was obviously inspired by of Islands of Adventure.

Not so much now that we can see what the park will really look like, but in some ways it still has the vibe. Of course it obviously won't have the same level of detail.

The only thing I'm interested in this park is the Ferris Wheel Lift. Everything else is the same ol', same ol'.

DenDen- I usually agree with most of your posts but I have to challenge your last comment. Sure the rides may be same ol' same ol. But I think it is very exciting to have a new "from the ground up" theme park built and especially one with such an original theme.

I think Hard Rock is a brand that is perfect for a theme park and one that relates perfectly for the target market of todays theme park goers. I think it is very refreshing to have a new theme rather than something based on the wild west, foreign lands or blockbuster movies!

I for one am looking forward to everything about this park, except for its location (Myrtle Beach????) And I can't wait to take a legal Magic Mushroom ride!!!!

DenDen- I usually agree with most of your posts but I have to challenge your last comment. Sure the rides may be same ol' same ol. But I think it is very exciting to have a new "from the ground up" theme park built and especially one with such an original theme.

I think Hard Rock is a brand that is perfect for a theme park and one that relates perfectly for the target market of todays theme park goers. I think it is very refreshing to have a new theme rather than something based on the wild west, foreign lands or blockbuster movies!

I for one am looking forward to everything about this park, except for its location (Myrtle Beach????) And I can't wait to take a legal Magic Mushroom ride!!!!

I'm sure the atmosphere is really going to make this park, (hopefully, it will be done right!!!) but as it stands, as someone else mentioned, it just reminds me of other stuff thats already out there, and IOA comes to mind for me as far as feel. I've done HardRock Seminole and Vegas, so I'm familiar with the feel of the brand. I was hoping for something more unique, and right now, the Ferris Wheel lift is the only thing, and it's not on a very big ride. Everything else has been done in one form or another.

I'm sure, once this park is done, and open, I will probably feel differently. It's just hard for me to tell at this point. Led Zep isn't wowing me, I'm only 3 hours away from Hulk, and is probably a much more exciting ride. I'm not one into the "credit" thing, so I won't travel unless it's worthy of it.

A lot of the IoA development team worked on HRP. That's why you get that feel.

Too bad there isn't an Intamin drop tower or another major coaster. Maybe in time...

It looks interesting though. I hope they theme the mine train instead of just leaving it like that.

^Yeah I don't get it either.

One main thing I've noticed is that it doesn't seem like there are any trees in the park! Is this just temporary because its still being built, or is the park just going to be full of concrete and facades?

I won't pass judgment until I see it in person, but my gut feeling says there's just not enough substance to fill an amusement park with things related to Rock music. But I hope for the best!

I was hoping for something more unique, and right now, the Ferris Wheel lift is the only thing, and it's not on a very big ride. Everything else has been done in one form or another.

How often does a park that's not Disney or Universal have something that hasn't already been done in one form or another? Hell, even Disney and Universal are guilty of doing rides that have already been used elsewhere.

I personally think it's cool that a new park is being built with a theme that hasn't been done before...which is about all you can ask for from a park without a Disney or Universal size budget.

Led Zeppelin looks amazing!

One question comes to mind when I see the ferris wheel lift. Why?

Could it be for the same reason that Mack has build rides with the elevator lift system? To help conserve space in parks that might not have it?

Maximum RPM seems to be a very compact ride. Perhaps this was just Premiere's answer to an elevator lift where the current Mack version can only have 2 ride vehicles on it at one time and this iteration can house 4.

How's that for a fairly logical explanation?

--Robb

Led Zeppelin looks amazing!

One question comes to mind when I see the ferris wheel lift. Why?

Could it be for the same reason that Mack has build rides with the elevator lift system? To help conserve space in parks that might not have it?

Maximum RPM seems to be a very compact ride. Perhaps this was just Premiere's answer to an elevator lift where the current Mack version can only have 2 ride vehicles on it at one time and this iteration can house 4.

How's that for a fairly logical explanation?

--Robb

Well actually, it's more like 3. One would be empty because the train would have been released while it was at the peak. But still... it's a whole nother train which still picks up capacity.

Cool!! Everything is coming along nicely!

Hope they add some trees in the next weeks for a "happier", bit more green views and not just concrete. Also I think there are some very colorful zones on the park, but LZ:TR looks kinda monotonous to me (the track, the cars...)

Or maybe it's just me