TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

I don't think I'd waste precious WDW time on this attraction, not even to say that I'd experienced it.

That being said, this is a hugely popular show. But, I wish they'd build something with more long term appeal. This is going to be a quick 'n dirty job.

Yeah I really don't understand this. I agree with the others that have said this is too late. Millionaire, Fear Factor, now this...all Live Shows started once the main show was way past its prime!

This is totally promoting another networks product.

The prize is stupid (more stupid than pins!)

I don't want to be forced to listen to crappy people sing.

Ugh, I just REALLY don't like this.

Echoing the "few years too late" bandwagon. If this debuted back in 2004 or 2005, it would be a hit of sorts. Thankfully, at least its not Hannah Montana, and I wouldn't be surprised if Hannah Montana takes over that theater after this attraction is gone.

But yeah, it feels out of place and the American Idol show is just getting old.

First of all I don't like American Idol, and I think this is a dumb idea especially for Disney, who is in all reality, as its been said already, promoting another networks shows. It doesn't matter who owns it, its still a Fox show. When I read the title of this thread, the very first thing I thought was, "Isn't Idol on Fox?" So I don't really see how this makes sense.

However, I think this will be popular, just look at all the people you see in the news that show up at the casting calls for Idol...and now if you're saying you have the chance to win a front of the line pass at the audition, you're going to get a lot of people who want to try this just for that alone. Everyone wants their 15 minutes.

Remember Who Wants To Be A Millionaire's run in the parks? Yeah, I barely remember it, too.

I don't expect this to last as long. It will be interesting to see how they work it out, I don't see so many people wanting to audition every show time. Maybe I'm wrong though.

^I actually enjoyed Millionaire. At least everyone got to participate, and the fastest finger game really gave everyone a chance to get into the hot seat (randomly pushing buttons FTW).

Idol on the other hand...doesn't sound like it has any redeeming qualities at all.

And at least Millionaire, EVERYONE could play at the same time and it was purely objective. This is going to be a few people 'playing' and it's all SUBJECTIVE. Does this mean we're going to see fights break out with crazy stage moms thinking their 8 year old is better than your 8 year old!?

I have no interest in watching a show filled with a bunch of annoying people that think they can sing and probably can't!

The only bright side I see from this is that we can finally get an "Theme Park Review Idol!" Featuring the singing sensations of Robb and Elissa Alvey, KidTums, Jahan, and Dan! Let the horrible singing and silly shengians begin!

Seriously though, that's the only purpose this show has.

That's what they want you to think...

Turning it back to the travesty at hand, and I don't mean Barry, my lovely companion Ashley actually suggested a good idea whilst we've been talking about this. Why didn't they make this something like "The Search for the Next Hanna Montana"? Same contest, different and more popular license and a license that Disney actually owns. I guess it just makes too much sense.

I think this could definitely attract an audience, cause I'm sure guests will have a curiosity of seeing how bad some people are, but I agree with Stuart and AllenA07 when they said that it will be hard to find guests to audition for this. No one wants to be the next William Hung.

As for the Hannah Montana idea Ashley had, it could work, but I just see a bunch of 14 or 15 year old girls on stage singing in a high pitch voice that could make my glasses brake. I guess we'll see what happens at the end of the year.