TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

It could be a clause in their agreement, that Kennywood is required to upgrade a few things before the actual purchase, which would then make it indirectly the work of PR. It's like when you sell a house, but you get a buyer that will only buy it if, say, you throw in the lawnmower also. (I know, stupid example, but you get my point.)

Just a thought...you never know.

The thing I am most excited about is the change of the Ghost Hunt cars. That line moved painfully slow. It was always the longest line of the day for me. Now it will only be half as painful.

I hope they didn't neuter Dash too much. He was running great this season.

The thing I am most excited about is the change of the Ghost Hunt cars. That line moved painfully slow. It was always the longest line of the day for me. Now it will only be half as painful.

I hope they didn't neuter Dash too much. He was running great this season.

It will be cool just watching the cars move along since they are trackless! They also enclosed the uneventful "mist / balcony" section and are adding some effects in that area as well.

There was mist on the balcony?

And how could you call a zig zag uneventful? It was the most exciting part of the ride

It's great to hear they are improving things.

There was mist from 1999 to the end of the 2006 season. It was shut off from the damage it was causing to the walls, track, and floor.

They are also adding some cool lighting effects to certain areas of the ride!

^ I agree completely. Boulder Dash was running very well towards the end of last season; I can't even imagine how great it's gonna be this upcoming season! Can't wait! (I hardly remember going on when it was smooth; I was only 6-8... and then it became rough, although I remember my 42 ride marathon with my older brother in 2003).

-Jon

Are you sure that's the new one? Thats all old wood and that looks to be the third hop of the triple down that's always been there (the tricktrack would be right after that).

As for the trim, I think it'll only bring the ride down to the speed it was designed at, 57-60mph.

Edit: damn, beat.

If anyone is really into dark rides or Lake Compounce, I think you will enjoy the current and future podcasts!

Ghost Hunt Progress

During the off season, Ghost Hunt is being refurbished by EH Design Services. Edward Hodge, the production designer and project leader, is offering an inside look at the job via his enhanced podcast. He plans to tell us about the lighting, sound, and ride vehicles. Visit his podcast site or subscribe to the podcast directly.

Podcast Site

http://web.mac.com/edwardthodge/EHDesign/Podcast/Podcast.html