TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

This has to be a trick. I mean, look at the concept art. There. are. Trees! TREES!!!!!!!

Joking aside, looks like a solid expansion for everyone (except the coaster fans, but why would CP want to appease us?) I'm particualarly fond of the new stunt show myself, since I'm into that kind of thing.

For those a bit confused on the location:

Using the artist's rendering, the view is looking towards Wicked Twister. The restaurant on the left is, I believe, Macaroni's. The 4x4 truck things look like they're on the former site of the Peanuts Railroad station. Appears that the Gazebo gift shop is sort of connected to the area in the lower right, as well.

PSAerial.thumb.jpg.ebb90dcb7afdfb2d7f922481158f91cf.jpg

Larger res

Anyone else think it won't be surprising when some of the rides in Camp Snoopy at the back of the park disapear and something like Sierra Sidewinder shows up?

Wicked Twister is taller and faster then all other Intamin Impulses. A Quick trip to RCDB could tell you that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something like that happen down the line, but just to clear things up for anyone who may be wondering: Yes, some of the rides going into Planet Snoopy can already be found in Camp Snoopy (Crazy Sub = Camp Bus for example), but they aren't moving anything within the park. All 7 rides came over from Geauga Lake.

To clear things up, here is a satellite photo posted on RCPro showing where it is.

Do you or does anyone know what program they used?

Also, yes, WT is the tallest and fastest impulse in the world and the only impulse with 2 twisted spikes.

Windows Live Maps. It's like Google Earth, except it doesn't suck.

And V2 also has a second twist, on a 45 degree angle.

When does Cedar Point start taking online reservations for their resort hotels?

Not sure, but I wish they'd upgrade their reservations website.

CP has a fairly good looking website, and then all of a sudden you end up in a reservation site that looks like a poorly designed website from 1995.

Tried putting in some availability searches with no luck other than Castaway Bay, for obvious reasons.

I normally get an error screen or it trying to download a .dll file

Does anyone know if these hotels normally book up fully? And what would be my chances if I just turned up and said do any of them have a room for a couple of days.

Just saw a small article in the Buffalo News today that talks about the new kids area at CP and the new attractions at Holiday World. They confirm that all seven of the rides will indeed be coming from Geauga Lake, including the miniature train and the "mini-tea-cup-style ride." No mention of the kiddie roller coaster though...

Of note, they do mention that Cedar Fair shut GL down citing "low attendance" as the reason.

100 days. Can you believe it? We know it sounds like a lot of time, but to us, we only have 100 days to:

- complete Planet Snoopy

- build a half-pipe and a stage for All Wheels Extreme

- finish the interior renovation of Sandcastle Suites

- hire and train thousands of employees

- prepare summer advertising

- “unwrap” and clean each building in the park

- complete winter overhaul on the coaster and ride cars

- test and run each ride

- clean the midways

- plant flowers, trees and shrubs

- place our “world famous” garbage cans throughout the park

- construct new set pieces for Snoopy’s Big Bow Wow on Ice

- hold auditions for our Live Entertainment Department

- schedule large groups for catered meals

- write ride instruction manuals

- order enough food and drink to feed over 3 million people

- inventory and stock gift shops, game stands and photo booths

- install and network a new ticketing system

And that’s just a partial list! Before we all know it, May 10th will be knocking on all of our doors.

New blog entry, I cracked up when I read the highlighted part...T&T know what's up!!!

Well, darn! I was really hoping that Intamin AG would pick up on Wes' idea and develop the OhioDome in case of drizzle or incontinent birds.

Now, if it rains or spits, I will have to theaten to flash everyone to keep the place open The Peanuts thing looks nice, though. Should be a great add-on and adjacent to the pointy thing, too.

Side note: The trashcan thing is hilarious. I did notice that by bold-fonting the trash thing, it makes it look like it's more important than ride instruction manuals or food for the park. Funny