MASSIVE Photo TR: Visions of my Spain trip 2007

That's it, I'm done, All 500 pictures posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:33 pm

Great pics. I like how we don't have a long wait between posts like some one who will remain nameless Lou

Jolly jolly jolly jolly jolly

Postby Louise » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:10 pm

^ That's rich coming from the guy who had WEEKS worth of gaps in his Japan TR!! I'm doing my next update tomorrow, I promise!! I was doing so well, too. ::(

Still great pics Hector, you're really flying through these!! Can't wait for Phantasialand, those days were so much fun.

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:50 am

^^^ I'm seriously impressed with what Gerstlauer did with their bobsleds and I wish some parks in the US would put the rides to good use already!

^^ Thanks, if half of the pics were not already edited it would have taken a lot longer as I have some scratches on the lens of my camera that show up in alot of the pics (you can see them in the pics i was too lazy to edit)

^I'm holding you to that! And yeah, I figure since I have a ton of photos from there it'll be my Grand Finale on Friday!

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:04 am

BONUS UPDATE!!

Holday park was the other park we visited this day and I had a freakin blast! Expedition GeForce was heavenly (but felt like it could have been way better without the trims on) I liked their corkscrew (I'm telling you I must be the perfect height or something) The flume (also reversing) scared the crap out of Kristie and I was NOT in my seat the last half of the double down final drop. The Intamin Tower was a great height. The Starflyer was pretty meh to me, all it really had going for it was the height (which gave some great views by the way) and they had a dark ride with boobs too! We ended the day with ERT on GeForce and the park gave us Food! All in all it was a really good (and exhausting) day.

Next up I'm doing Toverland!
Spain-861.jpg
mmmmmm GeForce.
Spain-861-1.jpg
Do I know them?
Spain-863.jpg
Mmmmm Larry... er... I mean... Expedition GeFore...
Spain-864.jpg
Twisty goodness
Spain-867.jpg
not so twisty goodness
Spain-869.jpg
omg the airtime on this flume was AMAZING
Spain-871.jpg
Mmmm erect things
Spain-875.jpg
Lou makes me laugh in this picture
Spain-876.jpg
Hi Wes, enjoy some big giraffe on small giraffe action.
Spain-877.jpg
When you gotta go...
Spain-878.jpg
The drive to Phantasialand.
May-12,-2007-005.jpg
Mmmmm Wind farm
May-12,-2007-006.jpg
Mmmm rain clouds making gorgeous skylines.

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:26 pm

Two parks left! I decided to do Toverland today Since it's my Photo TR and I can do what I want :P

So anyway, Toverland! Housed inside (and out) of two giant warehouses, Toverland decided to be amazing to us as well with free food and free drinks as well as using their event space above the park, they also gave us medals and a block of wood from Troy!

Well,t he park has three coasters and a whole lot of messed up. First up was Boomerang, the parks custom Vekoma Roller Skater. It was a fun ride with some awkward banking at the tops of the ride, but still a roller skater. Booster Bike was pretty fun and makes me excited for Pony Express (Yes, I know it's Zamperla, but the riding style was fun) and Troy instantly shot up to be my favorite woodie of all time (so far) Granted I haven't been on many world class woodies, but Troy was really really fun! It definitely got better the more I rode it and as time went on so by the end of our ERT the ride was whipping around the course with unexpected pops of air all over the ride and plenty of laterals to satisfy my craving.

The Obstacle Rope Course nearly killed me (I think I was the only one to have almost have fallen) and the giant inflatable "triangle" thing was a blast almost taking out little kids. Overall the park had a great local feel to it and the expansions can only make the place better!

Off to some pics!
Spain-953.jpg
Elissa won like 100 scrunchies so what ebtter then to give themout during trivia and pose!
Spain-956.jpg
YAY! Most of us are here!
Spain-957.jpg
Hi Ed
Spain-958.jpg
oooooooooo
Spain-960.jpg
Reversing log Flume (which I didn't get to ride)
Spain-961.jpg
Mmmm Good woodie
Spain-962.jpg
More twisty goodness
Spain-963.jpg
That almost looks like Ed in the bottom left, but I think that's a woman.
Spain-965.jpg
Mmmm GCI
Spain-967.jpg
Lou's not used to taking it in the back.
Spain-968.jpg
Rich looks quite comfortable lol
Spain-969.jpg
WEEEEEEEEEEE
Spain-971.jpg
First you loose rope across this
Spain-972.jpg
Then you kinda shimmy here
Spain-973.jpg
You try no to die here
Spain-974.jpg
Leap of Faith right there baby
Spain-975.jpg
Yup, that's all that's below
Spain-976.jpg
Almost fell here
Spain-977.jpg
Pretend to be Spiderman here
Spain-978.jpg
Boxes of Doom
Spain-979.jpg
Cargo nets of Destruction
Spain-980.jpg
Carnage Crossing
Spain-981.jpg
Some prancing here
Spain-982.jpg
Insert frolicking here
Spain-983.jpg
a swinging good time, really
Spain-984.jpg
Zip line down to a sand pit and have Robb touch your butt! er..."wipe the sand off"
Spain-986.jpg
We'll end with Chris in a replacement Tiara after having "lost" his original tiara, an Elissa Bingo® Prize

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:20 pm

This Photo TR has been rocking hard, but that last picture of Chris is just perfect. That needs to be his new avatar.

And I liked how you trademarked Elissa Bingo. I need to make it into a TV show somehow...

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:59 pm

Lou's not used to taking it in the back.

This quote = hilarious!
The following picture (Lou's look) = even better!

This TR /= suck! Great job!

Hard Rock hyyyper

Postby hyyyper » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:28 pm

"Cargo nets of destruction"

lol

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:24 pm

GRAND FINALE Part 1!

Like Port Aventura in Spain, Phantasialand was our base for a few nights and we had the immense pleasure of staying at the beautiful Hotel Ling Bao. Prior to our arrival, Germany had seen a lot of rain and little sun, but someone knew we were coming and it hardly rained during the day the whole trip. At night however, that was a different story as we pulled into Phantasialand, we noticed we would have to walk up the driveway to the Hotel in the rain as the bus could not fit. That made for an interesting arrival.

Soon after drooling at the gorgeous lobby we headed off to our rooms and then up to the Bar were we had more "get to know you time" with people who were not on the Spain portion and have fun in general. The next morning proved great as we had ERT on Winjas, which just beat out Tarantula for my favorite spinning coaster. Plenty of darkness and things coasters should just not do meant it was a REAL treat for those of us who knew little about the ride. After ERT ended, we headed out to explore a bit and find Talocan.

New for 2007, Talocan is a Huss floorless Top Spin featuring a half show building and plenty of water and fire to make "oooooo" more then a few times. Running a very decent program for a top spin, we managed to flip 7 times every ride (and there were multiple re-rides of this bad boy) making it just enough to make it disorientating, but not too nauseating. The sound system they use for the ride also provided much bass and the soundtrack was very exciting for those just watching from in front or from up on the bridge. It's biggest downfall however was the long load and unload time it had.

Black mamba was really fun, but pretty disappointing as the park had warned us that we had to walk all the way around the rides line to re-ride because it was so intense, which it wasn't. Some awesome visuals in the front row and you do get REALLY close to the sides (at passing of a waterfall, and you were on the outside right and stuck your hand out, it would get wet.)

The Colorado Adventure (insert tired and worn out Michael Jackson jokes here) was a very decent mine train, it didn't blow me a way but it was pretty damn fun.

Other rides include Mystery Castle, Intamin's Bungee Drop which actually had two ride programs. One was really intense and unexpected and the other was really tame and made me so mad (lol I still get pissed off thinking about the lame car) and sadly there was no visible indicator of which car did which as they all ran at the same time and looked the same.

On of the rides I was definitely looking forward to the most was River Quest. Built by Hafema, the ride was plagued with problems to it's special effects (most notably the last drop was to actually have a trap door drop the boat from mid air) and it had such huge drops that it was a no brainer for me to ride. We ended up using our "fast passes" to skip the line and get straight to the ride. One word of caution, you WILL get wet. It's not a joke, the boats take on such an insane amount of water when they hit the bottom of the drops it's like jumping into a kiddie pool (or having one thrown on you) Luckily the high sides separating the sections of seats protect you from some of it, but that doesn't mean all ( or very much) overall it's definitely in my top four (including Grizzly River Run at DCA, Popeye at IOA, and Acme River at Parque Warner all ranked at #1)
Spain-880.jpg
The hand carved door to our room in the Four Star Hotel Ling Bao
Spain-881.jpg
The Hallway was gorgeous too
Spain-882.jpg
The lobby was three stories high
Spain-883.jpg
My jaws dropped when I first walked in
Spain-884.jpg
In the two story Dragon bar
Spain-885.jpg
"Ron look!"
Spain-887.jpg
One ZOmbie and I was gone, next thing I now it was morning and time for Winjas!
Spain-888.jpg
We had some time for the PR ladies to come and get us so I took the opportunity to grab a lot of pics of the grounds
Spain-889.jpg
very well themed
Spain-890.jpg
The Hotel had it's own park entrance
Spain-891.jpg
The themeing in the hotel and the park just blends right into each other. the big building is a gift shop inside the park
Spain-893.jpg
The paths around the garden were peaceful
Spain-894.jpg
Looking back to the lobby
Spain-895.jpg
More stone work in the paths. This was too pretty not to take a picture of
Spain-896.jpg
The gift shop roof
Spain-897.jpg
Stone art. Very Zen.
Spain-898.jpg
The rock work and the park entrance
Spain-900.jpg
TPR(ers?) waiting for our fearless leader and Natasha... er the PR ladies.
Spain-902.jpg
The pond right inside the lobby under the stairs
Spain-903.jpg
I'm so in love with this place.
Spain-904.jpg
Time to head back to Winjas! I see you River Quest
Spain-905.jpg
Traveling through the old west and into Mexico
Spain-906.jpg
YAY we made it to the gates of Wuze town!

Stay tuned for Parts 2 and 3 tonight!

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:49 pm

Part 2!

Overall I really liked Phantasialand, even the creepy mascots that growl. The newly built Africa section of the park was really well done and Black Mamba was an amazing site to see zooming around pathways and trenches. the Other sections were also well themed, not Disney standards, but more like Movie World standards, could be better, but could be WAY worse!
Spain-907.jpg
ooooo it's so pretty!
Spain-908.jpg
We're all hungover, make it spin faster!
Spain-911.jpg
awwww cute little baby ducks (filler)
Spain-912.jpg
This is the main entrance right? We never used it as we had the side Hotel entrance to use.
Spain-913.jpg
Talocan Mmmmmmmmm
Spain-916.jpg
Mist attack!
Spain-917.jpg
FIRE!
Spain-921.jpg
WEEEEEEEEEEEE
Spain-922.jpg
WATER!
Spain-929.jpg
MORE FIRE!
Spain-930.jpg
Not too many rides you can do this on
Spain-933-1.jpg
Hi Derek
Spain-934.jpg
Dave don't look!
Spain-936.jpg
oooo Colorado adventure
Spain-937.jpg
The mist is trying to hide the topless ride.
Spain-938.jpg
Sadly it broke down the first day, but we made up for it sooner rather then later!
Spain-940.jpg
Still broken and I didn't feel like waiting for a train later on.
Spain-942.jpg
Watch your feet!
Spain-943.jpg
They had some nice theming around the park
Spain-944.jpg
see?
Spain-945.jpg
Beautiful double decker carousel

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!