Darien Lake Discussion Thread

P. 745 - Six Flags Sky Screamer Announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Movieguy » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:23 am

You've got every right to feel relieved, believe me...I still get occasional stiffness in my shoulder from my last ride on Predator... :lolr:
Coming to Lakemont, Del Grossos, Idlewild, Kennywood, and Waldameer, the week of July 17th.

XBOX Live Gamertag: CitrusMammal

308, 309, 310 .....

Postby 307 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:26 am

I've been on it twice [98 and 01] and I still class it as my least favourite coaster :P

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Darien Laker » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:09 pm

Lol, It's my least favorite coaster as well. It gave me a fear of wood coasters that lasted four years....I was scared they would all be like that.

Hot Coaster Chick!

Darien Lake's Zamperla Motocoaster in 2008!

Postby niiicolaaah » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:46 pm

http://www.parkworld-online.com/news/fu ... aster.html

Darien Lake, Darien Center, New York, will unveil the world's first MotoCoaster from Zamperla this coming May. With riders sat astride a motorbike ride vehicle, the attraction will provide a new and different thrill, one that American coaster riders have not yet experienced.

The prototype of the MotoCoaster has appeared for some time outside the Zamperla factory in Italy but now, after retuning, has been disassembled for shipment to Darien Lake.

The 44 feet-tall ride features a compact three-layer figure-eight layout, 1,198ft long and covers an area 159 x 67ft. Riders, secured by front and back restraints, will feel as if they are sitting on a motorcycle. The train's 12 motorcycles will launch out of the station at a speed of 0-38 mph in less than three seconds.

“This will be the only launch ride that we have at the park,” says Brad Paul, Darien Lake’s general manager. “The speed is amazing. It’s new, it’s unique, it’s fast, and it’s fun."

The engineers at Zamperla predict a life span of 20 years for the clutch and fly wheel launch system. Running in an oil bath, the clutch discs are easily changeable. A second such ride, the western-themed Pony Express, will also appear in 2008, at Knott’s Berry Farm in California.

Here it is on RCDB - http://www.rcdb.com/id4138.htm

Wow... it figures, the year after I move away they finally get something new! ;)
Parks: 71| Wood: 68 | Steel: 272 | Total Coasters: 340 | States: 23| Countries: 6

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:56 pm

This is some good news to hear. It'll be the park's first coaster in nearly a decade!

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby mightypotato » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:07 pm

Well...it looks like Darien Lake is back on my list of parks to visit this summer. It may not be the most intense/groundbreaking coaster, but the fact that the park is getting something new is a huge step forward.

Maybe, as an added 2008 bonus, they'll assemble the Intamin stand-up that's been in storage there since Astroworld closed.
Parks: 55, Steel: 234, Wood: 72, Total: 306
I ain't afraid of no rollycoaster!

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Blink » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:18 pm

Motocoaster's seem to be a big thing this year. Knott's is also getting one.

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:21 pm

Three words sums my feelings up, "About darn time."

Darien Lake hasn't added any new thrill rides since Shipwreck Falls in 2002 while the water park have been getting decent additions in 2004 and 05, and a new stage show last season. At least PARC is giving the park some much needed improvements and additions since the late 90's.
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

Non-German Tom

Re: Darien Lake new coaster in 2008!

Postby Shockwave » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:21 pm

niiicolaaah wrote:Wow... it figures, the year after I move away they finally get something new! ;)

I was just thinking I should have waited till this year to go there!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby coaster05 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:49 pm

I'll be driving through New Yourk on my way to Larry to fly to Europe so who knows. Course without Nicole in the Buffalo area the state is not nearly as cool. And cute :lover:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!